Which "advanced" Keyboard Do You Use For FFXI?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Which "advanced" keyboard do you use for FFXI?
Which "advanced" keyboard do you use for FFXI?
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-08 02:26:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Sechs, there's a program/app from Logitech that you use to bind the keys. Really easy/intuitive to figure out. I can post screenshots of it if you need.
Please do!
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-03-08 02:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Sechs, there's a program/app from Logitech that you use to bind the keys. Really easy/intuitive to figure out. I can post screenshots of it if you need.
Please do!
First: https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/innovation/g-hub.html
------------------------------------------------------------
Second:

Select Keyboard

Third:

Select Assignments

Lastly:

Select Macro

Now select "Create new macro" and follow the prompts! I can provide more if you need. The only one I have saved is Enter spam. Bound to G1. Can set it to "toggle" so when you hit it it starts, and hit it again to stop.

Hope this is what you were asking about xD if not, carry on. >.>
 Asura.Zetaking
user: metaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2023-03-08 09:27:20
Link | Citer | R

I am fond of my g510s its pritty much this same keyboard with a few more bells and whistles. I do like the digital stop watch on it for sortie >.>;. did cost me decent, but its also like 5 or 6 years old so the 100-150 i spent i see as worth it, tho remembering what all 18 G keys are set for can be fun sometimes ^.^
[+]
By TyRobot 2023-03-10 12:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Keyboards aside, does anyone that uses Binder actually use a Stream Deck (any model)?
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2023-03-10 18:47:28
Link | Citer | R

@Sechs
Check out this software called reWASD:
https://www.rewasd.com/

You can remap any button from a keyboard or a controller to what ever you want, or even a combination of keys.
That means that you can also remap some keys from your current keyboard that you never use.

Funny enough I use an Xbox Elite controller with a chat pad, and I’ve customised all the buttons with reWASD to match macros, spells, WSs, JAs, any gearsap buttons etc… So really I only use my keayboard when I need to chat.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dukie
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dukie585
By Quetzalcoatl.Dukie 2023-03-10 22:42:20
Link | Citer | R

This is what I recommend. Being able to add a picture and label to the buttons and make different folders / groups is great. I have certain pages set up for when I'm doing something specific. You can save and export settings to. If you were to make a setup for a certain ambuscade, you can save it and remove it from the deck to reduce clutter and then just load it back in next time that particular Ambu pops up.

It's also nice for just general use when not playing XI

https://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Stream-Deck-XL-customizable/dp/B07RL8H55Z/ref=asc_df_B07RL8H55Z/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=344041858526&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16586574882442416785&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1017244&hvtargid=pla-757664119843&ref=&adgrpid=69534739896&th=1
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2023-03-13 03:31:55
Link | Citer | R

Streamdeck, though I don't think it ever got merged into the main branch of Binder.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-13 03:38:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nalfey said: »
@Sechs
Check out this software called reWASD:
https://www.rewasd.com/

You can remap any button from a keyboard or a controller to what ever you want, or even a combination of keys.
That means that you can also remap some keys from your current keyboard that you never use.
I'll give a look at it, but honestly you can do the same with any keyboard even with Windower/Binder.
Can bind any key or ctrl+key or alt+key or ctrl+alt+key to any Windower console command you like.
I can say the same thing to all the people who have been posting dedicated software to handle keybinds. With Windower/Binder you don't really "need" an external software to do the binding.
It's cool, but at the same time it's not the same as having 2 rows/lines of dedicated G-keys on the left side of your keyboard.

It's not a big difference, I'll grant you that, but once you've been used with this setup for over 10 years, it's a big pain to get used to anything else.

The closest thing I can think of is a dedicated mini-keyboard to keep on the left of a "normal" (without dedicated G keys) keyboard.
Something like the Razr Tartarus, the Logitech G13 (which is no longer being produced) or the Elgato thingies.

Quetzalcoatl.Dukie said: »
This is what I recommend.
I'm torn between the Razr Tartarus (similar to Logitech G13) and the Elgato.
The Elgato is very cool because of the backlighted keys where you can put custom icons on, it's simply perfect (for what I use it for) for FFXI.
The con is that it's extremely expensive (like what, 150€?) and that I personally wouldn't really use it for anything other than FFXI.

The Razr Tartarus is less cool, slightly less expensive but still very expensive (around 100€?), the pro is that I could be able to use it for some other games like, I dunno, Diablo3? Diablo4?
Given I use gamepad for 99% of PC games then not much else in the end, so probably not a big "pro" for me I suppose.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dukie
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dukie585
By Quetzalcoatl.Dukie 2023-03-14 15:25:19
Link | Citer | R

I hear you on the price. When I got mine they weren't going for nearly as much as what they are asking now. I want to say a new one was around $150-$180 at the time. I actually got mine second hand so I think I paid around $100. Still pricey but I really wanted one.

It's got a lot of nice functionality even outside of gaming. You can link buttons to play certain playlist on Spotify or other music services, change volume preset settings, map system settings, mute your mic, etc. I think it's even got a lot of built in compatibility with Discord now too. I've honestly only used it for a few things outside of XI, but it's on my to do list to play with all the other options it's got. And they introduce more functionality every time they release updates.

I went with the larger one because you could not nest folders within folders at the time. They released an update not long after I got mine that allowed you to pretty much make unlimited amount of folder levels. So going for one of the smaller ones might help offset the cost a bit.