Which "advanced" Keyboard Do You Use For FFXI?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Which "advanced" keyboard do you use for FFXI?
Which "advanced" keyboard do you use for FFXI?
First Page 2
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-26 06:20:05
Link | Citer | R

For those of you who do, which "advanced" keyboard do you use to play FFXI?
I'm talking about keyboards with attitional keys which you can then use to bind specific stuff to.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-01-26 07:20:04
Link | Citer | R

I use the Logitech G15 v2. It has 6 G-Keys that I bind everything to, instead of F9-F12. they make others with p to 18 G-Keys. I think the G15 v1 had that many.

[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-01-26 07:25:57
Link | Citer | R

how do you bind those extra keys? last time i used a gaming board i could put in a macro but i always had to hit enter for it to work still.
By geigei 2018-01-26 08:27:47
Link | Citer | R

Used a redragon yama with 12 binds, until i got wine on it, washed in tub isopropyl alcohol..turned almost new, good quality and cheaper than big brands.

Anyone using orbweaver or G13?
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-01-26 09:14:39
Link | Citer | R

I have the Logitech orion. I think last time I used it, I had to set up the keys in the software with the key board. I don't have my gs files on me so I can't pull up the settings to match them.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-01-26 09:36:54
Link | Citer | R

zaxtiss said: »
how do you bind those extra keys? last time i used a gaming board i could put in a macro but i always had to hit enter for it to work still.

It's been a while since I played and messed around with them. But to get them to work, you have to save the commands into the init.txt file. The G15v2 had 6 G-Keys, as well as 3 memory groups. So you could save stuff to group1, then hit group2 and have a different set of commands. For example, one of mine was:

Quote:
alias g15v2_m1g3 gs c toggle TP set;

That sent a message to the Mem1 G3 key to tell gearswap to issue te command to toggle my TP set.
By fillerbunny9 2018-01-26 09:52:30
Link | Citer | R

I have a G.Skill Ripjaws KM780R RGB mechanical keyboard on my desktop, though I don't necessarily use its macro keys for XI. their customer service is pretty great though, as I had two of the pieces that lock the wrist rest into the keyboard snap, inquired as to how I could buy a replacement, and they just sent it to me gratis.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-26 10:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Uhm "just" 6 special keys isn't enough for me.
I'm using a G19 Logitech atm, I need to change it but I can't find another keyboard with AT LEAST 12 special keys ><
There used to be so many back when I bought this G19...
By axetofall 2018-01-26 12:23:37
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-01-26 13:25:27
Link | Citer | R

I think most ppl stopped using KBs with dedicated macro buttons, so it's not really that well-supported anymore.

You can set up literally hundreds of key binds using the 4 modifiers that Windower provides (ctrl, alt, win-key, menu-key) on a standard 104-key KB. Much more than you can do with 12+ dedicated keys.

Between the number pad, number row, and a few select letter keys, I have enough keys to assign for all my WS, status cures, most common buffs, most common JAs, healing and targeting for both my main and mule.

Sky's the limit, and you don't need additional software/addons to make it work. Just plain old Windower.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-26 15:02:11
Link | Citer | R

axetofall said: »
That's plenty of keys for:
  • Key 1: /ma "Ramuh" <me>

• Key 2: /pet "Assault" <t>

• Key 3: /ja "Astral Flow" <me>

• Key 4: /ja "Astral Conduit" <me>

• Key 5: /pet "Volt Strike" <t>

Plus bunch of Aeonic lockstyles!
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-01-26 15:18:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
I think most ppl stopped using KBs with dedicated macro buttons, so it's not really that well-supported anymore.

You can set up literally hundreds of key binds using the 4 modifiers that Windower provides (ctrl, alt, win-key, menu-key) on a standard 104-key KB. Much more than you can do with 12+ dedicated keys.

Any you can do the same with the Logitech G-Keys. I had a primary set for each job, that required just a press of the G-Key, then I could hold Ctrl/Alt/WinKey + Gkey for additional functions.

I'm not saying one way is better than another, but rather, that it is fairly equal, and just uses different keys that normally have no native function to begin with.

Quote:
Sky's the limit, and you don't need additional software/addons to make it work. Just plain old Windower.
I didn't need any special software either. Windower natively detects that I use a G15, and knows how to handle it. I just have to input the keybinds, just like anyone else.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-26 15:22:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »

Any you can do the same with the Logitech G-Keys. I had a primary set for each job, that required just a press of the G-Key, then I could hold Ctrl/Alt/WinKey + Gkey for additional functions.

I'm not saying one way is better than another, but rather, that it is fairly equal, and just uses different keys that normally have no native function to begin with.

Quote:
I didn't need any special software either. Windower natively detects that I use a G15, and knows how to handle it. I just have to input the keybinds, just like anyone else.
talking about using the binder plugin?
By Jetackuu 2018-01-26 17:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm using a G19 Logitech atm, I need to change it but I can't find another keyboard with AT LEAST 12 special keys ><
https://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-Programmable-Mechanical-Keyboard-Single-Handed/dp/B06Y2Y6RPP/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1517009447&sr=8-9&keywords=game+keypad

That add-on enough for you?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-01-26 18:56:31
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
https://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-Programmable-Mechanical-Keyboard-Single-Handed/dp/B06Y2Y6RPP/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1517009447&sr=8-9&keywords=game+keypad

That add-on enough for you?

or this...

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/product/g13-advanced-gameboard
you can even use the mini joystick to move around
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-26 18:59:49
Link | Citer | R

Anybody ever used the G13 in conjunction with a normal keyboard?
Does "binder" (windower plugin) work with the G13? I didn't think about it but it could indeed be a decent solution for me.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-01-26 19:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Anybody ever used the G13 in conjunction with a normal keyboard?
Does "binder" (windower plugin) work with the G13? I didn't think about it but it could indeed be a decent solution for me.

according to this link, the G13 IS supported

http://docs.windower.net/plugins/binder/
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1865 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-07 03:59:13
Link | Citer | R

Anybody using stuff like these anymore in FFXI nowadays?
I decided I wanted to buy a Logitech G13 but found out it was discontinued late in 2021, which means it's pretty hard to find one.

Any alternatives? I've found a few, with dubious quality. But the main difference I see is that these keypad (that's how they're called, right?) have "normal" keys. Like Q W E R T Y etc.

This suggests me that even if I ever found a way to make it work with Binder, I would be unable to bind special FFXI functions to those keys because they would be "normal" keys.
So binding an action to the "Q" key in this keypad, would be the same as binding it to "Q" in my default keyboard.
Main difference with the G13 instead is that they're all "special" keys, meaning I can bind whatever I want to them, without binding stuff to my normal keyboard at the same time.

I'm a bit lost atm.
I want to replace my semi-broken G19 Keyboard but I don't want to lose my 12 special G-keys.
I would be able to buy any "normal" keyboard with a G13 keypad, but those are no longer being produced... so I'm kinda ***, right?

Only one I've found still being produced is the Razer Tartarus (3 models I think).
If I ever find a way to get in touch with the original developer of the "Binder" plugin and make so it works with Razer Tartarus, that could be a solution.
But over 100€ for that is eeeew...
By Dodik 2023-03-07 05:19:10
Link | Citer | R

There's the Logitech G910, newer version of G19.

Can use any programmable keyboard with special keys really. But those are generally very expensive, much more than the G910 which is not cheap either.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-03-07 06:02:58
Link | Citer | R

If I ever find a way to get in touch with the original developer of the "Binder" plugin and make so it works with Razer Tartarus, that could be a solution.

Windower discord, they would ask you to use a key logger to record the keyboard functions and then they'd have to add it.

But anyway that'd be the place to ask if you did get a new one, just be kind.

https://docs.windower.net/plugins/binder/";

Has a list of supported devices though.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-07 06:44:08
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
There's the Logitech G910, newer version of G19.
Yeah I know but it has "only" 9 G-keys.
Which is I guess good enough, but I'm so used on having 12 out of habit all these years that it would be quite annoying for me having to fall back only 9.

Jetackuu said: »
Windower discord, they would ask you to use a key logger to record the keyboard functions and then they'd have to add it.
Yeah Iryouku asked me to use a keylogger many years ago, it's thanks to that he added G19 to the compatibility list.
Thanks though!

For what I use it for, Elgato Mk2 would probably the best choice, but it's way too expensive (it's very cool though I gotta say).
If I ever make up my mind I think I'll get a Razer Tartarus simply because I can see myself using it for other games as well and not just FFXI so maybe I can justify the >100€ expense in light of using it for other games as well, I suppose.
 Phoenix.Enochroot
Serveur: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2023-03-07 10:02:29
Link | Citer | R

I used to use the G910 (or whichever model had the 12 keys) and was happy with it. I tried the Tartarus and it was abysmal and the Razer software was a buggy pile of nonsense.

I'm currently using a custom mech for the keyboard and augmenting it with an Stream Deck XL for orchestrating mules and stuff like toggling framerate. It works well with Binder.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-07 15:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Enochroot said: »
I used to use the G910 (or whichever model had the 12 keys)
G19

Quote:
I'm currently using a custom mech for the keyboard and augmenting it with an Stream Deck XL for orchestrating mules and stuff like toggling framerate. It works well with Binder.
wat

please provide pics, I'm not getting this at all lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Enochroot
Serveur: Phoenix
user: enoch
By Phoenix.Enochroot 2023-03-08 00:18:53
Link | Citer | R

Oh, haha, I just typed out a whole response explaining wtf a streamdeck xl was and you were probably envisioning me playing with a *** gundam. Nah, just imagine a home-made mechanical keyboard.
By Mesias 2023-03-08 01:06:08
Link | Citer | R

I used to use G13 cause i used it mostly for shooters, for ffxi im way more comfortable with a logitech G925 TKL, and use the F1 to F12 keys for my binds
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-03-08 01:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Enochroot said: »
I used to use the G910 (or whichever model had the 12 keys)
G19

Quote:
wat

Sechs, there's a program/app from Logitech that you use to bind the keys. Really easy/intuitive to figure out. I can post screenshots of it if you need.
By zixxer 2023-03-08 01:58:16
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2