Ambuscade January

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Ambuscade January
Ambuscade January
First Page 2
By Warloz 2018-01-13 16:58:59
Link | Citer | R

Anyone selling Ambuscade runs this month and for how much? PM if you are, thanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-16 09:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Warloz said: »
Anyone selling Ambuscade runs this month and for how much? PM if you are, thanks.

Are people really mercing Ambuscade runs now? Like, really? It feels like if there was ever a line on mercing, Ambuscade would be it. :x
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-16 09:57:20
Link | Citer | R

Dude. There is nothing that isn't/can't be merc'd (to varying degrees of success.)
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-01-16 10:04:19
Link | Citer | R

Will merc your Mog Garden!
All I need is simple login info and for a small fee of stripping the account blindly as I sign in, I can Harvest for you!
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-16 10:53:59
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Will merc your Mog Garden!
All I need is simple login info and for a small fee of stripping the account blindly as I sign in, I can Harvest for you!
Lol
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-16 10:54:50
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

Are people really mercing Ambuscade runs now? Like, really? It feels like if there was ever a line on mercing, Ambuscade would be it. :x
News to me Odin doesn’t do it but if someone is lazy and had Gil more power to them.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 10:58:31
Link | Citer | R

This is commonplace nowadays, and imo it's pretty pathetic to be blunt. Some of the players on Asura really are lazy as hell, they buy just about everything. This shouldn't surprise you, people just want the shinies without the work. They value the destination over the journey. There is no line on mercing anymore. I saw a shout for someone to farm their rema weapon trials for them (seriously). I have no idea how this would be possible, but I stopped inquiring when I realized the buyer just wanted someone else to play the game for them...
By Kodaijin 2018-01-16 10:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Candlejack said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »

News to me Odin doesn’t do it but if someone is lazy and had Gil more power to them.
Sometimes laziness has nothing to do with it, especially if doing the Mamools fight and you have trouble soloing that one.

Or if youre building a new character and only want to do 2-3 runs on VD to get full sets of Ambuscade gear instead of spamming it on the lower levels with an undergeared alt.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-16 11:00:28
Link | Citer | R

Sometimes laziness has nothing to do with it, especially if doing the Mamools fight and you have trouble soloing that one.
If you can’t do that on VE but willing to pay for it that’s laziness. But again if you got the Gil do it.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-16 11:04:33
Link | Citer | R

Kodaijin said: »

Or if youre building a new character and only want to do 2-3 runs on VD to get full sets of Ambuscade gear instead of spamming it on the lower levels with an undergeared alt.

Good point. But at the end of the day I’m impressed mercing has gone to amb. I do agree with the mog garden mercing though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 11:19:26
Link | Citer | R

That's an exceptional circumstance that I don't think reflects the vast majority of merc requests. But I do get it: its easier to make 5mil and buy one win for 10k sealed points that to go through the trial and error woes of grinding a win. The overwhelming majority of people who are buying stuff are just lazy.

i.e. buying job points.
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-16 11:19:32
Link | Citer | R

You can merc literally anything people are unable/unwilling to do if the content allows for a leech slot which is the case for everything in game at the moment (except MT maybe). Kinda curious how much people are charging for ambu as with a sealed Vol1 VD win you can get several millions of gil worth of RME currency making the trade pretty sweet (i.e. under-geared guy gets all the armor/capes he needs and ends up spending nothing)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 11:24:47
Link | Citer | R

I've seen 5mil. Though you're right. 10800 for sealed win, spends all points on alex 580k-600k/stack, able to buy 7 stacks, would make 4,060,000 minimul, so they really paid less than a mil for a win, and they get nearly a full +1 set. Then you have to factor in gallantry.

Oh ***, 5mil is too low then. That's a hustle. I think I might start buying ambu wins for 5mil and making profit now that I do the math.....
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2018-01-16 11:26:57
Link | Citer | R

Why anyone cares what others do with their money continues to be lost on me

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-01-16 12:56:27
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
You can merc literally anything people are unable/unwilling to do if the content allows for a leech slot which is the case for everything in game at the moment (except MT maybe).

MT has been merced for long long time, lol :p.

It's also very possible to have 4 experienced player "carry" 2 new/inexperienced /lesser geared people MT win with very very high success rate.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-16 13:07:44
Link | Citer | R

Know something? I mentioned people having trouble with the Mamools fight before, and I remembered: I go into that same fight with the LS I'm in on Fenrir. Why ask for mercs when fellow LS members may be willing to go in with you for nothing? Makes no sense.
Because your ls is full of n00bs!
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-01-16 13:12:06
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I've seen 5mil. Though you're right. 10800 for sealed win, spends all points on alex 580k-600k/stack, able to buy 7 stacks, would make 4,060,000 minimul, so they really paid less than a mil for a win, and they get nearly a full +1 set. Then you have to factor in gallantry.

Oh ***, 5mil is too low then. That's a hustle. I think I might start buying ambu wins for 5mil and making profit now that I do the math.....

Points are worth the gil only up until the first 60k or so.

I was 4manning (5 characters) the previous ambuscade for 4m a pop. Had one guy buy 8 or 9 clears across a few characters.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-01-16 13:14:09
Link | Citer | R

so...what are people doing with all the shinies they buy, if they're buying clears on the content that most would use those shinies to beat?

The best damn looking afk taru in Adoulin, that's what!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-16 13:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »

I was 4manning (5 characters) the previous ambuscade for 4m a pop. Had one guy buy 8 or 9 clears across a few characters.
Is buy 20 k? Why? Cause why not you be doing this on Odin :p

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-16 13:33:18
Link | Citer | R

By your I didn't mean you specifically but more of the general you for people who actually do it. Sometimes you have people that are actively worse than not having someone... and I don't mean worse than a trust I mean just having nothing in that slot
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-16 13:36:58
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
Know something? I mentioned people having trouble with the Mamools fight before, and I remembered: I go into that same fight with the LS I'm in on Fenrir. Why ask for mercs when fellow LS members may be willing to go in with you for nothing? Makes no sense.
Because your ls is full of n00bs!
Actually, nope. We all have our own reasons, like getting HMPs faster, or getting Ambuscade armor+1's and the new backpieces, or Alex/relic currencies faster and easier than we would in Dyna/Salvage. We figure, why go it alone when we can just roll through the higher difficulty settings together and we all get something from it.
:hears the power rangers theme:
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 13:48:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »

Hmmm...then statistically, buying ambuscade does make sense. If you're short on time and just need clears/gear/quick cash, you actually make out buying wins, assuming seals of course. Kind of counter-productive IMO but I actually can't hate on an honest hustle, especially if someone is trying to burn through characters. I stand corrected.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-16 13:51:10
Link | Citer | R

I do this lol. pay 5m make 5.7m and last month I got a couple for 3m. Gotta love free money.

But so far they want 8 for mamools, has to come down.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 14:19:25
Link | Citer | R

If you look at it from a mule perspective, its 100% free money.

New hustle:
Level to 99/gain ambu access
Obtain 5 seals (2 from silver mog pell, 1 from intense, 1 from weekly, 1 from buyable npc)
Buy 5 wins. 10,800 x 5 = 54,000 points
@5mil/win = 25mil. Probably can make 5mil off of remainder of your hallmarks after you break even on your initial cost
Everything earned from Gallantry is net gil

I say do this on a mule because you can't trade or send your seals from your mule to your main, so they are just not doing anything for you. You can just stockpile seals for months until an easily buyable one for a moderate price and make bank. I wouldn't really do this on a main because it might make sense to just get full cash from ambu fights.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-16 14:40:02
Link | Citer | R

Yo son, a level 1 can enter ambuscade.

Clip hop and jump to mhaura and unlock whatever hp the v1 ki is at
???
Profit
First Page 2