Clear - Colour VWNM Abyssite

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Clear - Colour VWNM abyssite
Clear - Colour VWNM abyssite
By Bongs 2017-12-11 13:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone confirm what the deal is with the changing from clear to a coloful abyssite? I've yelled on Asura and had mixed responses (and idiot abusive trolls) - people are saying that a KI from RoV improves the rate to 100% whilst others are saying it's 'facts I don't like'.

I've killed over 25 T1 mobs in Xarcabard (currently doing Trial 9) and it still has not changed. The wiki says it has a 70-90% change rate after a previous update where it barely proced - (quotes below):

'Due to a recent update (Feb 2012) This abyssites change rate into tier 3 has increased dramatically despite most pages saying its about a 9% chance of changing, current estimate is around 70-90% resulting in a change 4/6 times used, there are occasions where it might change less frequently, but the reason is currently unknown. Also with these changes are the rate of change from Clear Abyssite to Colorful Abyssite being dramatically reduced; more testing is needed to confirm'

Posting just in case someone can provide a way to increase the color change or if it's just a waiting game. The KI I've been told is bs, but also was wondering if popping some T1 mobs in different areas affect change rate (I've had better luck in East Ronfaure compared to Xarcabard for example).

Also while I'm at it, is it possible to skip the 3000 riftdross to finish an empy? Again, I yelled that and some people were saying I can't read. I'm just going by the wiki at the end of the day :)
 Shiva.Klamora
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: klamora
By Shiva.Klamora 2017-12-11 13:37:09
Link | Citer | R

That's inside of Abyssea that it's 100%.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 13:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Bong:

Quote:
'Due to a recent update (Feb 2012) This abyssites change rate into tier 3 has increased dramatically despite most pages saying its about a 9% chance of changing, current estimate is around 70-90% resulting in a change 4/6 times used, there are occasions where it might change less frequently, but the reason is currently unknown. Also with these changes are the rate of change from Clear Abyssite to Colorful Abyssite being dramatically reduced; more testing is needed to confirm'

Sorry, you do need to read a bit. Going from Clear -> Colorful is T1-T2. The quote you posted shows the high rate of upgrade is from t2->t3. It's not the 70%-90% you shouted on Asura. It's VWNM like it's always been, so if you've done it 20 times and no change, welcome to the club, we've all been there.

Also, as for the 3000 Riftdross...You can skip this stage completely by using Oboro's upgrade method.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Oboro
Read section under "Final REME 119 Stage III..."
You will need 10,000 materials to upgrade (in your case, riftborn bolders). If you choose to gather 3000 dross/cinder (GL with that), you'll end up paying more for an AG weapon, and you'll need to trade 1 more boulder to Oboro to make it 119 III. Most people skip that 3000 AG stage as it's archaic and more cost effective to just farm boulders.

You got trolled because you didn't read through it.
By Bongs 2017-12-11 13:46:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Klamora said: »
That's inside of Abyssea that it's 100%.

So no love for non-aby areas?
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-11 13:55:18
Link | Citer | R

As stated above, the listed 70-90% is for T2-3, not T1-2, which is what you're trying to do.
By Bongs 2017-12-11 13:56:02
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bong:

Quote:

Sorry, you do need to read a bit. Going from Clear -> Colorful is T1-T2. The quote you posted shows the high rate of upgrade is from t2->t3. It's not the 70%-90% you shouted on Asura. It's VWNM like it's always been, so if you've done it 20 times and no change, welcome to the club, we've all been there.

Also, as for the 3000 Riftdross...You can skip this stage completely by using Oboro's upgrade method.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Oboro
Read section under "Final REME 119 Stage III..."
You will need 10,000 materials to upgrade (in your case, riftborn bolders). If you choose to gather 3000 dross/cinder (GL with that), you'll end up paying more for an AG weapon, and you'll need to trade 1 more boulder to Oboro to make it 119 III. Most people skip that 3000 AG stage as it's archaic and more cost effective to just farm boulders.

You got trolled because you didn't read through it.

But that doesn't make sense because each change from T2-T3 varies on each mob, e.g. blue abyssite from Yacumama is 13.5% (which I did for trial 8). That's why I skipped past that, I thought each colour change varied after T2, and with people saying that a KI affects the percentage rate, it got ever more confusing. Especially with out of date wikis as well.

If that's the case though, fair enough. It's FFXI, stuff like this happens though. The thing that annoys me more is the lag rest>9 yalms away>lag rest>8 yalms away south west>etc etc. That's what makes it ever more infuriating to farm.

As for the 3k Riftdross, I actually spat out my coffee when I read that. I know FFXI is grindy, but that's just unrealistic. Would cost you billions in gil with no real fundamental differences between the previous weapon stats.
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-11 14:00:36
Link | Citer | R

The "percentages" listed on the mob page drop rates on ffxiclopedia are horribly inaccurate due to both a tiny number of samples and due to updates changing it but the numbers not resetting. It's almost guaranteed that every T2 has exactly the same upgrade rate to T3 as every other T2 mob.

FFXIDB is more accurate for drop rates, but that still only gives you a rough idea unless said item has thousands of samples listed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-11 14:36:38
Link | Citer | R

Bongs said: »
As for the 3k Riftdross, I actually spat out my coffee when I read that. I know FFXI is grindy, but that's just unrealistic. Would cost you billions in gil with no real fundamental differences between the previous weapon stats.

Players were saying this for ages previously. One of the main reasons why nobody had a glowy weapon back in the day: it was billions of gil for a shiny stick. They made the adjustments and it is better this way.