users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Scavenge Priority
Scavenge Priority
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2017-11-21 00:36:47
Link | Citer | R

So was looking into alternate ammo types for different WS (IE Physical v. Trueflight / Wildfire) and naturally for MWS, it would end up being either be REMA ammo, and barring that, Orichalcum bullets with their modded MAB and with DMG not playing a role in the calculation.

So the main question would be this: What is the Scavenge priority for ammo? Is it the most fired type? Last fire type? Tried checking BG and it says it's based on the number expended in how many is recovered. Anyone have any ideas on this? Would rather Scavenge and recover my good ammo v. ammo I can buy from the Moogle.
 Asura.Cloudblade
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Cloudblade 2017-11-21 02:21:46
Link | Citer | R

It has been a bit since I changed ammo from my anni's shells, but I believe it is based on the last ammo you shot.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-11-21 03:01:20
Link | Citer | R

It’s last ammo used. Plus, if you use say, a stack of type A, then WS in type B, and swap back to type A and use 20 more, your Scavenge results will be based on just the 20 of type A, not the full stack+20.

Hope that makes sense.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-11-21 08:23:03
Link | Citer | R

I just tested, and it's not most recent ammo used.

Shot 9 bullets with Armageddon + Devastating bullets.
Shot 8 bolts with Gastra + Quelling bolts.
Shot 9 bullets with Annihi + Eradicating bullets.

Scavenge returned 3 bolts.

It's most likely whichever ammo was fired most, including ammo saved by Recycle.

[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-21 10:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Wait a second... how do you come to the conclusion whatever was fired most when it returned what was fired least?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-21 10:31:36
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
Wait a second... how do you come to the conclusion whatever was fired most when it returned what was fired least?
Well, those are the bolts lost post recycle. They didn't post the total shot count for each bolt type. Would also be interested to see if, in the same scenario, waiting 5 minutes would pull from the next highest count. For it to go back to a different ammo than the last fired, it would have to be tracking multiple types.
[+]
By Brynach 2017-11-21 10:39:10
Link | Citer | R

I just ran an Omen last night during which I used Gastraphetes for all floors except final boss. During Gin, I used Fomalhaut. When I scavenged at the end, I received quelling bolts back.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-21 11:30:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Well, those are the bolts lost post recycle. They didn't post the total shot count for each bolt type. Would also be interested to see if, in the same scenario, waiting 5 minutes would pull from the next highest count. For it to go back to a different ammo than the last fired, it would have to be tracking multiple types.
Ah I see when he said shot I thought he meant number of shots not ammo expended especially when he later talks about number of shots but doesn't give another number for them... which makes that conclusion even harder to come to without that data. Super weirdly worded and confusing
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2017-11-21 14:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Okay, so from what I am gathering from the posts here, it's the one fired in greater quanity. IE: TP rounds are mote likely to be recovered then WS rounds. Good to know, thank you. \o/
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2017-11-21 19:24:00
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I just tested it with eradicating (anni's bullet) followed by decimating bullets, and my scavenge gave me back eradicating. I used more eradicating shells than decimating.

Test 2: 4 eradicating attacks, 4 lost then 6 decimating attacks, 3 lost. Scavenge returned eradicating.

Test 3: 23 eradicating attacks, 4 lost (recycle always procs when you don't want it to), then 20 decimating attacks, 6 lost. Scavenge returned decimating.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-21 20:33:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cloudblade said: »
Yeah, I just tested it with eradicating (anni's bullet) followed by decimating bullets, and my scavenge gave me back eradicating. I used more eradicating shells than decimating.

Test 2: 4 eradicating attacks, 4 lost then 6 decimating attacks, 3 lost. Scavenge returned eradicating.

Test 3: 23 eradicating attacks, 4 lost (recycle always procs when you don't want it to), then 20 decimating attacks, 6 lost. Scavenge returned decimating.
This is the opposite of the result posted by Tess. They lost 8 bolts and 9 of each of the others, but got bolts.
[+]
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2017-11-21 21:32:26
Link | Citer | R

Test 3: 7 eradicating attacks, 4 ammo used (3 recycle procs) followed by 10 decimating shots with 4 used (6 recycle procs). Returned decimating.

Test 4: 9 eradicating attacks, 6 ammo used (3 recycle procs) followed by 11 decimating attacks, 4 ammo used (7 recycle procs). Returned Eradicating.

Test 5: 8 eradicating attacks, 4 ammo used (4 recycle procs) followed by 15 decimating attacks, 5 ammo used (10 recycle procs). Returned decimating.

Seems the ammo that you used the most of apart from recycle procs is the one returned, with a tie going to the last ammo used.
[+]