Sublimation

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Sublimation
Sublimation
By Sammeh 2017-10-15 08:02:59
Link | Citer | R

So I've always scratched my head a little bit wondering why my Sublimation's would result in slight variations of mp, when BG WIKI shows "HP gear cannot be switched in and out for the total % MP stored to be increased".

However, the slight variations I had - caused me not to care about it too much. Recently though I scratched the itch and went for some testing. My results are conclusive enough to say the 25% of MaxHP is indeed manipulatable and is based right when Sublimation: Activated is about to end.

In my normal Sublimation gear - I was getting ~ 536-540 mp return. Basically my normal idle set (refresh/pdt gear) with swapping in Sublimation+ gear (relic body, af head, jse ear).

What I've found is with that setup and the extra +7/tick sublimation I'm getting - this causes sublimation to finish in about 1:43-1:45 depending on server tick timers. If at the last few seconds, I swap to MaxHP gear - the ticks keep continuing until 25% of that gear instead.

This has resulted in me getting nearly 100 extra MP in my Sublimation set - and I can add to that with some better +hp gear. (Recognizing that the last few tick's I'll be in MaxHP gear vs normal Refresh/PDT gear)

So I did a little gearswap coding of this:

1) In Precast I set a timer:
Code
precast_start = os.clock()
	if spell.english == 'Sublimation' and not buffactive["Sublimation: Activated"] and not buffactive["Sublimation: Complete"] then
	  equip(sets.precast.JA.Sublimation)
	  SublimationStartTimer = precast_start
    end

2) In my job_handle_equipping_gear function which I call at various times I have a:
Code
	sets.Idle.Current = sets.Idle.NoSubl
	if buffactive["Sublimation: Activated"] then
        sets.Idle.Current = sets.Idle.Subl
		if SublimationStartTimer and CurrentTime - SublimationStartTimer > 90 then
		   sets.Idle.Current = sets.MaxHP
		end
    end
	if buffactive["Sublimation: Complete"] then
		SublimationStartTimer = nil
	end

3) And to keep track of it all - I added a register event watching the game clock and if I go above (for me 96 seconds) I start equipping idle set:
Code
windower.raw_register_event('time change',function()
   CurrentTime = os.clock()
   if SublimationStartTimer and CurrentTime - SublimationStartTimer > 96 then 
	  job_handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
	  send_command("gs equip sets.Idle.Current")
   end
end)	

I have a couple spots where I know in my head this can cause some timing issues (where SublimationStartTimer doesn't get set to nil) but it'd be pretty rare I'd manually work around with a gs reload or something. Too lazy to code it out.

For those who want to see full LUA. My Gearswap LUA is here.
[+]
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-10-15 09:24:15
Link | Citer | R

The idea was always that the optimization was unnecessary because you can't swap in and out HP+ gear. Sublimation idle sets that emphasize HP in addition to other defensive stats have existed since the ability came out, though.
[+]
By Sammeh 2017-10-15 09:36:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm confused by that statement as I'm swapping in and out hp gear..... And only at the right idle times.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-15 12:17:04
Link | Citer | R

The second you swap to a lower HP set, your sublimation ends. This was common knowledge, and is a relatively pointless endeavor.
[+]