users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Ads preventing forum reading
Ads preventing forum reading
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-18 11:55:48
Link | Citer | R

I have an issue when the ad next to the comment box at the bottom of the screen plays. It sometimes skips and causes the typing to lag and it doesn't register. The other issue with ads is what Kingnobody mentioned, where it forced me to view the bottom of the screen and I can't scroll up, which I only experience on PC. The other issue I have (not sure if this is ad related), is if I try to visit the website from my phone, occasionally I cant click and pinch zoom in, it just resizes to full screen. Refreshing or double tapping the screen fixes it, but yes the page is quite buggy.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-18 12:10:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Any updates? Ads are still pretty bad. I really wish I could activate Ad Blocker on this computer D:
All your ads belong to me!
Take them.

I don't want to see any more Land Rover ads. Never buying one anyway.

....>.>...
By Kuwoobie 2017-07-18 12:24:10
Link | Citer | R

Let this thread serve a public service announcement on why you should not use Photobucket.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-18 12:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Kuwoobie said: »
Let this thread serve a public service announcement on why you should not use Photobucket.
But what if the bucket has the photos? Or are the photos in the bucket..?
By Blazed1979 2017-07-18 14:56:36
Link | Citer | R

Kuwoobie said: »
Photobucket only recently became like this as far as I know. I've been using it for years and never had any issues until maybe late 2016. Then it just became horrible all of a sudden with ads popping everywhere, the interface become really slow and glitchy. such a shame.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-21 08:29:34
Link | Citer | R

So, are we going to get any feedback from the staff?

Or will it have to be a new norm to deal with aggressive ads?

I will be more than happy to put up an Ad Blocker that also doesn't kill certain popups from certain websites, if that's the case.
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-07-21 08:49:33
Link | Citer | R

Scragg's already been notified. There's nothing any of the rest of us can do.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-21 08:51:40
Link | Citer | R

Thanks.

I just wanted to make sure that somebody has been notified. Hadn't heard from anyone since Dame admitted his insanity.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-08-13 19:24:02
Link | Citer | R

I despise these autoplay adds. Chevy has 2 of them, sitting here playing and talking in skype and then kabam! The all new chevy silverado
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-08-27 21:31:00
Link | Citer | R

irrelliuss said: »
I can't read forums anymore, every time I try the google ad services will drag the window to the bottom to display an ad for the lottery. If I wait 30 sec for it to play, I get 5 seconds to read before the video restarts and drag the window to the bottom of the page again. I understand ad revenue is important, but not when it makes the site unusable. I'm just lucky this text box is at the bottom of the page or I wouldn't even be able to type this.

iv been having this issue the last week or two as well with those damn revlon video ads. It keeps dragging me to the bottom of the page. It restarts over and over dragging me back every time. Its seriously irritating.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-27 21:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »
irrelliuss said: »
I can't read forums anymore, every time I try the google ad services will drag the window to the bottom to display an ad for the lottery. If I wait 30 sec for it to play, I get 5 seconds to read before the video restarts and drag the window to the bottom of the page again. I understand ad revenue is important, but not when it makes the site unusable. I'm just lucky this text box is at the bottom of the page or I wouldn't even be able to type this.

iv been having this issue the last week or two as well with those damn revlon video ads. It keeps dragging me to the bottom of the page. It restarts over and over dragging me back every time. Its seriously irritating.

This is a serious pain in the ***.