Forum » Windower » General » Gearswap problems
Gearswap problems
 Asura.Neufko
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-04-29 08:44:09
Link | Citer | R

We've been experiencing strange behavior since 1 or 2 months with Gearswap, with several equipment not swaping in time.

It was quite rare before, like if you got an instant cast, and I was fine with that.

But now it seems completely random.

On bard, my nitro songs should last ~8.30 minutes (no mythic).
And timers looks like 1st song 7mn, 2nd song 6mn etc..

One of my friends has constant pb on his smn, especially in omen zones. To the point he disables gearswap completely in omen and sometimes in escha.

So yeah, I would be interested to know if this is happening to everyone or if I'm doing something wrong.
 Ragnarok.Primex
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2017-04-29 10:03:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Neufko said: »
One of my friends has constant pb on his smn, especially in omen zones.
I don't know the technical details but omen zones have been a problem for not just GS but can be randomly laggy, packets dropping left right and center.
The lag can be as bad as 3-4 seconds. If I'm on discord and in omen, even worse. Talking seeing my pt mates do a QuickSilver scene and kill 4-5 mobs in an instant. What's funny and unusual about that kind of lag is I can sometimes still target the mobs and attack them.

Also, in Delve seen the same thing with a Ghost Bat follow us around the entire run, still targetable by SMN, and SMN pets will attack it. But it just won't die because its already dead but targetable!!

I think FFXI servers as a whole have some issues going on. More than the usual.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-29 10:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Shouldn't happen with ashitacast. It's due to the way gearswap's packet communications are modeled, when a packet is dropped it gets resent and the swaps aren't included. Ashitacast inserts the swaps around every outgoing packet to guarantee that those problems don't occur.

Instanced zones are the worst for this, with as many as 80% of packets being double sent or even triple sent(on leviathan.. i'm sure populated servers are that much worse). Escha should not be effected as far as I can tell, issues there may be representative of a problem with your friend's lua or gearswap itself rather than the modeling.

That said, the 'ghost bat' isn't actually a dead mob, it's one of the adds from plaguevein bats. They're untargetable and share hate with the targetable bat. They're not damagable, not dead. But, for some reason, they will occasionally fail to despawn when the main bat dies and continue to follow people around. They've been buggy since the zone came out.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2017-04-29 10:42:29
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
They've been buggy since the zone came out.
Thanks for explaining.
is ashitacast and ashita easy to pick up?
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-29 10:48:19
Link | Citer | R

It's much simpler than gearswap, most people have an easier time making/editing their own files. If you just want to grab an existing template and put gear in, odds are you can't find one that's exactly what you want. It's also much less feature-rich, and a lot of the stuff users are accustomed to with gearswap is not present with ashitacast(onscreen displays, integrated macros, etc). Some people love it, others hate it, really can't say how any person in particular will feel.

Not necessarily saying it's a solution, but since I can implement ashitacast without any of those issues there's certainly a way gearswap could be restructured to solve them as well.
[+]