Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD Gear sets for entry PLDs
PLD Gear sets for entry PLDs
 Sylph.Scorched
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Averel
By Sylph.Scorched 2017-03-01 12:56:29
Link | Citer | R

Hi all. I recently started playing this game agin and I was looking for general entry level gear set advice. I'm currently working on an Ochain and I have Aegis. Thanks in advance for any advice.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-03-01 13:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Scorched said: »
Hi all. I recently started playing this game agin and I was looking for general entry level gear set advice. I'm currently working on an Ochain and I have Aegis. Thanks in advance for any advice.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46016/first-and-final-line-of-defense-v20/27/
[+]
 Asura.Madotsukii
Serveur: Asura
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2017-03-02 11:48:57
Link | Citer | R

Howdy! I'm recently re-vamping my Paladin as well, so maybe I can share some input too as I work on updating my own sets.

Right off the get go I would definitely recommend getting the Relic armor set reforged to at least i109. Even if you skip it for better pieces pretty much all of them have ability+merit augments that are useful to have.

My first question probably would be do you have friends and/or a small group capable of doing some Escha t1/t2 NM's somewhat reliably?
Serveur: Asura
user: Kenseto
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-03-02 12:58:51
Link | Citer | R

It's difficult to recommend a full "entry-level" gearset for any job, since "entry-level" is a relatively ambiguous term (how are your funds, low man/static with friends/LS support, access to events, timeframe).

The best advice I can give is to read here. The sets listed are ideal sets (and therefore intimidating to players new to the job), but using the Power Search function of xiah, you can search the specific gear slots filtered by the pertinent stats and figure out what would be more attainable for you in your situation. As far as PLD (or tanking) specific goes, I would prioritize a DT and enmity set first. You have aegis so that makes MDT easier, and Priwen is a suitable stand-in with reprisal up until Ochain is complete.

Cheers
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-03-02 15:06:34
Link | Citer | R

Actually, I think a lot of the sets in the OP have long since ceased to be ideal. The DD sets in particular are out dated. Most of the other set are fairly up to date, but here and there there's some stuff that's not ideal anymore.
[+]
 Leviathan.Azhura
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Azhura
By Leviathan.Azhura 2017-03-02 16:16:01
Link | Citer | R

Without know exactly where you are in the game, i.e. do you have other jobs leveled, how far are you on story line etc, its hard to give too much advice. So your mileage may vary with this

Assuming you have read a returning player guide, you should know about RoE (if you haven't, start there). Take a look at the Tutorial > Intermediate RoE. These will let you get some 119 gear and weapons and can be done in sparks gear. From the perspective of gearing PLD, you can get a pretty good weapon via that. Unity concord is a great place to get gear, although you will need some help for anything decent. Take a look at an Ajax (you will def need help for this).

When I think entry level, I think Ambuscade. This month you can get vouchers for several different sets (this is not always the case). A NQ Sulevia's set should be attainable with a bit of grinding, which would also help you build an Ambu cape. This set will give you quite a bit of DT, acc and put you at 119, although you will struggle to hit the haste cap. There is a waist piece that when coupled with a hasty pinion +1 will get you to the haste cap. I don't remember the name and its a bit pricey, so it may not be attainable right away. Accessories are going to be filled out by lower level stuff that you either have or can solo--until you can start doing events for better things.

This should put you in a ok position while you fill out Relic/AF/Empy 119 per you wants and also let you do some events to get other/better gear that you see in the guides.

Some food for thought: PLD is a pretty important job and you will struggle to do some events and get invites with entry level gear. While this gear should get you on the way, it might be smarter to take a different job to 119 first, until you get your gear is more fleshed out.

Good luck!

Edit: Tempus Fugit is the name of the belt and Claidheamh Soluis is the sword you can get via a Kupon from killing 10 mobs in A. Skirmish (great sword with augments, but I wouldn't worry about augmenting it for a while).
By voiceless 2017-03-02 16:40:37
Link | Citer | R

When people ask for a good paladin this is how i feel when i change jobs! like that hoe!

YouTube Video Placeholder