Blu Dual Wield Trait

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » blu dual wield trait
blu dual wield trait
By hamany9 2017-02-01 07:53:21
Link | Citer | R

Do i need 24 set points OR trait points to get dual wield vi on blu? whats the least amount of spells/points i need to get highest tier? I currently have set these spells:

blazing bound
quad continuum
delta thrust
mortal ray
barbed crescent
molting plumage
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-02-01 08:32:14
Link | Citer | R

You need 32 trait points and 1200 JP to get DW6 (you are missing Animating Wail). But why do want so much DW in traits? You can easily cap your delay with just DW3 and gear.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-02-01 08:58:41
Link | Citer | R

You can refer to this to find the spell for DW and now much they cost in set points. You get 1DW Tier every 8 points so right now you have DW3 + 4 wasted points. If you have at least 100JP, you get trait +1 as long as you have the trait active, while 1200JP gives you trait +2. Axexcennah is correct, once you get to 1200JP, you can set just 1DW trait (Delta Thrust+Barbed Crescent being the most point efficient, Molting Plumage being the most slot efficient) and cap DW with just 6DW in capped haste situation, easily achievable with Erratic Flutter + MG
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Serveur: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-02-01 09:31:09
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spynx said: »
cap DW with just 6DW in capped haste situation
11, if they have DW III plus both magic and gear haste cap.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Serveur: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-02-01 09:39:58
Link | Citer | R

That's correct, 6DW is if you have DW4 but you should keep DW3 (1 from trait and 2 from gifts) and invest your other points in other traits such as store tp/accuracy bonus/crit dmg bonus/triple attack
[+]
Serveur: Asura
user: Kenseto
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-02-07 09:58:25
Link | Citer | R

To append to what Alexcennah and Spynx stated, I'll leave this here. Either the cheat sheet or the link I provided will explain the various amounts of dual-wield needed under different conditions to meet the delay reduction cap. Keep in mind that surpassing the required level of DW under X amount of haste will yield no further delay reduction at the cost of reduced TP/swing.
[+]