Warrior - Brew WOC

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warrior - Brew WOC
Warrior - Brew WOC
By Sammeh 2017-01-25 20:35:10
Link | Citer | R

This is my 3rd attempt to do this. Finally won with 1 second left on brew lol. I made a ton of mistakes (forgot 1hr's and some other JA's etc).

I ended up using Chango - just for better skillchain options.

Anyway - thought I'd share.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-01-25 22:09:31
Link | Citer | R

Sammeh said: »

*Proceeds to spam Upheaval*
[+]
 Asura.Evildemon
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-01-25 22:39:17
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

Personally don't see the point. brews aren't worth ***in escha since the kill won't count towards an aeonic. But cool for soloing?
[+]
By Calinar 2017-01-25 22:57:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Evildemon said: »

Personally don't see the point. brews aren't worth ***in escha since the kill won't count towards an aeonic. But cool for soloing?

It gets you the drop without having to set up a party and lot against people. (if it drops, that is)

I think it's way over priced for that, but thats about the only use for it.

Unfortunately, the amount of stun spam WoC can do and the fact that it still lands with brew on (which is ridiculous) its still not even a certain win x_x and obviously pld/thf/whm 2hours...
By clearlyamule 2017-01-25 23:29:27
Link | Citer | R

I'm not too familiar fighting WoC but wouldn't cloudsplitter be better?

With an decent set and the geo and cor you had with brew dmg calculates out to like 400k at 3k tp on a dmg neutral target. Obviously would be less because it does reduce dmg and well if nothing else dmg cap but I'd assume would still be more dmg
By Calinar 2017-01-25 23:40:59
Link | Citer | R

Magic ws is (almost?) always better.

PD doesn't stop it. Invincible doesn't stop it. Does more damage, and Cloudsplitter makes darkness which WoC is weak to, it would've been a much easier win.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-26 03:03:36
Link | Citer | R

Yeah ....

CS spam would of been much better, 99K WS's with 99K linked Darkness's. If they were going to use GAXE should of at least linked 3 WS's (KJ -> Upheaval -> Upheaval) or more damage.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Serveur: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2017-01-26 07:18:34
Link | Citer | R

This is my 3rd attempt to do this. Finally won with 1 second left on brew lol. I made a ton of mistakes (forgot 1hr's and some other JA's etc).

Thanks for sharing. The most interesting thing I noticed is that even with a brew you still had to use a GEO - and trusts. Status effects like stun and petrification still landed on you (which the trust removed).

It is almost like the brew does not boost magic evasion the same way it boosts defense & attack & magic attack.

This has erased any lingering temptation to use a brew on some just to see what happens.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-01-26 09:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Evildemon said: »

My Linkshell spits out so much silt I am sure Sammeh is just doing it for fun. It's neat regardless of method he used.
[+]
By Sammeh 2017-01-27 06:37:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
It is almost like the brew does not boost magic evasion the same way it boosts defense & attack & magic attack.

This has erased any lingering temptation to use a brew on some just to see what happens.

Admittedly - we went in completely dumb to an Albumen once and 3 of us brewed at once - we still all died to en-doom.

We have brewed WoC at least 7-8x - always physical WS though (we have a thf in our LS who laughs @ silt gain, lives on dragon kills - and has near-capped silt all the time - AG Mythic and AG empy). We've tried a couple of times with Runefencer reso spam - no difference. Once w/ DRG spam - no difference. Warrior was closest we got w/ DMG output and this was our first win. I completely forgot some important things (didn't do any JA until halfway through the fight, and completely forgot 1hrs haha!)

WOC always ends up with something completely stupid Benediction spam, petrification, etc. I do not think I've ever seen a transcended player charmed though - maybe I just don't recall. While I have earring - he's an awfully stingy ***.

-Sam