Event LS "Reality" Looking For Members (cerb)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Event LS "Reality" Looking For Members (cerb)
Event LS "Reality" Looking For Members (cerb)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-04 21:35:18
Link | Citer | R

Neak was pretty easy. Also downed Kin a bunch of times tonight. We have Kirin in our sights, but next week we'll focus on Ambuscade.

From the 12th I'll be running a daily card farming run to coincide with the campaign. This will happen every day at 12am midnight GMT, 7pm EST. If you'd like to join us, send me a tell. Come on any job you like, card runs are easy so I'll accept anyone as long as you don't stand around. Knowing how Omen objectives work would be an advantage.

The LS continues to seek a Paladin to tank for us on a regular basis. Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-12 12:39:00
Link | Citer | R

Just a reminder to anyone on Cerberus who wants Omen cards, we are doing a run every day at 12 midnight GMT, 7pm EST. /tell me and I'll let you join on any job you like as long as you don't stand around and can follow instruction when we're clearing objectives. Cheers.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-22 16:26:57
Link | Citer | R

Won't be doing a card run tonight as I'm busy trying to sort Quilly's computer out. Having some issues with it. Please pass this on to the LS members as neither I or Q will be online before gather time. Cheers.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-01 20:06:13
Link | Citer | R

The linkshell seeks new members. Please let me know which jobs you can provide. We always do an event on Tuesdays, 10pm GMT 5pm EST, and we've done events on other days as well. During the Omen campaign we did a run almost every day. In the past, we have defeated Geas Fete up to Kirin for Aeonic, as well as Omen Bosses Kin, Fu, and Gin several times.

In our future I see Kirin, Warder Of Courage, and T4 Reisenjimas. I also told our members we will do Kei, Kyou, and eventually Ou. It's taken many months to get to this point, but we get stronger all the time. We hope to finish our first Aeonic by the end of the year. We are willing to help dedicated members in catching up to us if you can provide many useful jobs. Thank you.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-24 14:08:20
Link | Citer | R

(Linkshell) (Looking For Members)

The times we run are difficult for a lot of NA players I have talked too. I'd like to remind NA players that I'd like to make the LS more of a hybrid EU/NA event LS .. however, I cannot reliably lead events at later times. I start getting cranky around 2-3am GMT, so I can play at that time but I wouldn't make the most patient leader.

I want more players in the LS, but we need one or two who can lead events, or even take over from me when I need the support. Finding this quality in a player is exceptionally difficult these days, most players are quiet and are happy being told what to do, but they won't speak up and tell me what they plan on doing. This is part of the problem, as often enough the details fall to me, and my memory isn't perfect .. or I just don't know the job well enough.

So the LS wants to do more Omen. It wants to progress players through Aeonic. It wants more events, which I and others will join, but I can't promise I can lead regular events as I do enough already. I'm open to more players in general, even if you are a returning player. I'm looking for loyalty, a desire to win, and even better .. players who can use initiative and don't expect me to tell them what to do every run. Tell me what you're going to do .. so I can tell others who don't know what they're doing. This will make preparation easier, and more time will be spent doing the content than talking about it.

You can reply here, PM me, send me a /tell in-game, or get in contact with one of our pearlsacks, Quilly, Rusch, or Highewing. Cheers.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-25 12:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Due to next months campaigns, the LS will focus entirely on Omen! Which means boss runs and card farming.

We will do 2-3 bosses every Tuesday as a regular event. On other days we are likely to do a card farm every day at Midnight British time, which is 7pm EST. There's no restrictions to joining us on these runs, just have access to Omen in Reisenjima and have a job which can survive regular enemies. I really don't care which job you come on as long as you ain't dying after taking one hit.

I would like to set up a more EU friendly time for our members who live in GMT +1 time. I will coordinate this and try to get the information here later today.

The general aim of next month is to upgrade the linkshells equipment as much as possible, which should make high tier Geas Fete a little easier on everyone.

Note: I started some of our LS members on the Aeonic path last night by beating a bunch of Zitah NMs. We ran out of pops on T2s though, so we are still looking to work through those. Want to jump on board the vorseal/aeonic train? Let me know .. I'll get you a pearl, and you can find other LS members who really want to get this stuff done. Cheers.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-25 14:01:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Due to next months campaigns, the LS will focus entirely on Omen! Which means boss runs and card farming.

We will do 2-3 bosses every Tuesday as a regular event. On other days we are likely to do a card farm every day at Midnight British time, which is 7pm EST. There's no restrictions to joining us on these runs, just have access to Omen in Reisenjima and have a job which can survive regular enemies. I really don't care which job you come on as long as you ain't dying after taking one hit.

I would like to set up a more EU friendly time for our members who live in GMT +1 time. I will coordinate this and try to get the information here later today.

The general aim of next month is to upgrade the linkshells equipment as much as possible, which should make high tier Geas Fete a little easier on everyone.

Note: I started some of our LS members on the Aeonic path last night by beating a bunch of Zitah NMs. We ran out of pops on T2s though, so we are still looking to work through those. Want to jump on board the vorseal/aeonic train? Let me know .. I'll get you a pearl, and you can find other LS members who really want to get this stuff done. Cheers.

Just get rid of the current roadblocks preventing success in actually finishing your first weapon (Kirin, WoC on up) and I'll throw a big party for you.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-25 14:04:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Avallon said: »

Just get rid of the current roadblocks preventing success in actually finishing your first weapon (Kirin, WoC on up) and I'll throw a big party for you.

I think that I assumed we'd have the players for that fight after building it up for so long. But I'm going about it a different way now .. I want to get to the point where the LS members are crying out to me to set this up. Only then will I feel like we are ready. There's a lot of progress going on, and next month will be even better. +3s for everyone!

EDIT: Will get confirmation on the EU friendly Omen card farm times tomorrow.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-29 13:08:56
Link | Citer | R

Doing Zitah NMs (HELM mainly) tonight for Aeonic progress, vorseals, and equipment.

10pm BST 5pm EST. Let me know here, or in-game ahead of time so we can arrange it. Cheers.
By Elazar1 2017-08-29 16:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Wish you guys ran later, would move back to cerb in a heartbeat, miss my Alexander though
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-29 19:15:22
Link | Citer | R

Yeah sorry about that man. We still do runs til this time each tuesday.

We got finished destroying Zitah and early Sky geas fete tonight, mostly with a melee setup. Total overkill. Half of us didn't need it but we helped newer members in progressing their aeonics, vorseals and equipment.

Next step is T3 sky and beyond, which we plan to do with a group we took in lately who has been stuck trying to low man Vir'ava. No reason why we can't get everyone clears up to Kirin soon.
 Asura.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Asura.Soraishin 2017-08-29 19:16:28
Link | Citer | R

Elazar1 said: »
Wish you guys ran later, would move back to cerb in a heartbeat, miss my Alexander though

You still havnt moved yet?
By Elazar1 2017-08-29 19:36:18
Link | Citer | R

Having a hard time man, if was not for wife's account, I'd be gone in a flash.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-30 15:09:23
Link | Citer | R

I just want to reassure my LS members and anyone else on Cerberus who enjoys doing things with our linkshells Reality & Lagunas .. of this one fact.

No matter what anyone else says, no matter how many times people say we should transfer here or there .. we are not leaving. We are here to stay. This is home, we've got our dressing gowns and slippers on. We might not have a million players to pick from for events, but we have fun and make progress regardless. The only time we would move away from Cerberus is if SE shuts the server down.

And I just want to say to our old Cerberus friends on Asura .. I'm sorry, but we are never moving there. I've had a few messages from old accomplices who we really enjoyed doing stuff with when they were here, but it's not changing our minds. We'd rather go to another server, because while Asura has a big population, I and others in our group believe it wouldn't be in our best interests.

We'd probably start fresh on a server like Odin, or anywhere else where we could be helpful to a group which is established and looking for new faces. Asura will never need us .. and I'm not a big fan of some of the things I've heard that goes on there. I'm not blasting the players of Asura, but I personally feel it wouldn't suit us. I say this because I've been told at least a few dozen times over the past few years that I should go to Asura, so for peace of mind .. we are never going there.

So now I fully expect someone to respond with "come to Asura", or something clever like that. I didn't make this post to be clever or to insult anyone. I made it to reassure our members and other players on Cerberus that we won't leave them no matter how many times other servers try to entice us away. We are here for the players of Cerberus til the very end.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-08-30 15:23:21
Link | Citer | R

of all the servers i have been on Cerb and Asura have been the best fit for me Odin was schizophrenic as my shifts rotated so much i spent 6 months trapped in JP primetime hell 6 months of basically levi prime and crafting since i couldn't get in on a shout lol don't speak squiggly so well
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-30 15:25:32
Link | Citer | R

Dude, do what you want. That's the bottom line. I've offered strategy suggestions, advice and other things I feel would help you right where you're at many times in the past (as have many other players), but ultimately do what you feel is best.

My only philosophy on your firm position is if you continue to endure roadblocks after roadblocks, which in turn halts your overall Aeonics progression, then you have yourself to blame. You're my friend either way, but you know what I mean.

No one (that I can think of) is interested in spending a year trying to make a single Aeonic weapon, but let's be clear here - there is a huge distinction between going through the journey with long-time friends for the memories AND going through the journey with long-time friends for the memories and failing over and over due to whatever is holding you guys back (insert a wide variety of possible reasons here).

Whether it's a lack of specific jobs, poorly geared players, lack of sincere motivation (someone touched on this in a previous post), they want to be carried (ie: leeching) or the like...there comes a time when you could wait until the next Total Eclipse and not see a change in what you need to win. That's why people migrate to larger servers, and it's most definitely not a selfish thing to want.

I hope you guys persevere and win, though. You know I mean that! Keep posting updates if you would. I'd genuinely like to keep up with how you guys are progressing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-30 15:30:12
Link | Citer | R

Thanks you guys, you know me personally from when we played together on Hades/Cerb and you know I'll keep plugging away for the sake of this server. I'd much like us to get our first Aeonic, but the key thing is we are able to maintain events. Next month should be lots of fun as we focus on Omen. We've had quite a few new players join us lately thanks to my consistent reaching.

I've had to get pretty loud to get people to notice, so much so we've seen players jumping server to join us. In fact .. I have someone waiting for me on the game right now who just jumped from Quetz. Whether we end up with an aeonic or not isn't important, I just want to ensure we can run events and be successful most of the time, while having fun doing stuff together.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-08-30 15:42:00
Link | Citer | R

hope to see you complete an aeonic after this week i may actually put a dent in mine no more fruit to sell for a month or two so i can play ffxi when i'm unwilling to be a good husband or father lol
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-30 15:46:45
Link | Citer | R

Thanks you guys, you know me personally from when we played together on Hades/Cerb and you know I'll keep plugging away for the sake of this server. I'd much like us to get our first Aeonic, but the key thing is we are able to maintain events. Next month should be lots of fun as we focus on Omen. We've had quite a few new players join us lately thanks to my consistent reaching.

I've had to get pretty loud to get people to notice, so much so we've seen players jumping server to join us. In fact .. I have someone waiting for me on the game right now who just jumped from Quetz. Whether we end up with an aeonic or not isn't important, I just want to ensure we can run events and be successful most of the time, while having fun doing stuff together.

It is important, Kylos, and it's been important for a long time to you. Trust me, I know how long you guys have been plugging away at this thing, and I totally understand. I was there too trying to do work all the while enduring the same circumstances you guys are now.

I know there's at least 1 non-JP group there on Cerberus who have made Aeonics. I think they might be the only group to do so there outside of JP's. At this point in the game I don't see why it would hurt to maybe ask them for on-sight pointers or advice, or perhaps see if they'll participate out right with certain NM's you've been struggling with.

I think those guys might be in Majestic btw, or at least a portion of their members are in the static that's making the weapons.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-30 15:47:34
Link | Citer | R

Please Keep us posted on the progress
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-30 16:23:27
Link | Citer | R

Cheers Avalon. It's clearly a goal for many of us, but I don't want to get hopes up. I can't promise we will make it to the end, but if we do, we'll have earned it and done it the right way. I guess I said that because the LS wasn't created with the thought of aeonic being our main target, although it was surely one of the goals. I wouldn't want to put too much pressure on us completing it, not til we get to Reisenjima at least.

I'm always open to outside help, and I believe someone I got in recently is part of that group. But I think with the veteran members we have, the new members (after we've got them vorseals/equip), and some outside help for niche jobs, it should be enough to get us past sky. However, the main issue is scheduling, and finding the time that most players will be able to do is the most difficult part for me.

In terms of strategy and working together, it's getting better every week. For example, going over zi'tah and sky nms with a few of our experienced members present yesterday .. it was brutality compared to doing them earlier in the year. We finished 12 T1s so quick our new WHM literally said "wow, we done already?". However, finding certain jobs is difficult so I'm going to abandon Apocalypse (Drayco won't like that) so I can focus on gearing Red Mage. Also next months campaign should net many +2s and +3 AFs from Omen. Thanks for the help as always.

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Please Keep us posted on the progress

I didn't realize how much others enjoy these updates. I was under the impression that some found it rude, but I always thought it was the best place to do it. I'll keep ya updated, but next month we're going bonkers with Omen. We've done Kin, Gin, and Fu reliably, so I think it's time for Kei, Kyou, and possibly Ou for the first time. Should be great fun for all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-05 23:25:52
Link | Citer | R

Happy to say that today we got several members clears for Sky T3s, Ark Angels and Gods with an alliance of 12. We did it so quick we had time to do a Kin run afterwards using a PUP as the main tank. We didn't even know if Zero would work, but he did the job against Thinker and Kin.

The linkshell feels healthier and I'm happy people are having fun and being helpful to each other outside event times. When the campaigns hit we'll be doing Omen every day for cards, and two bosses a week minimum.

After September is over we should be better prepared to further our Aeonic progress so we'll be doing Kirin .. pretty much til it dies. The linkshell is still open to new members, provided you can give us a variety of jobs which includes back line support. A really good PLD or RUN would certainly be welcome. Next week we are doing Kei or Kyou, as well as Ambuscade inbetween events.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-11 14:14:44
Link | Citer | R

So tonight marks the first day of Omen card farming .. but we'll only do one run as we plan on doing several Kyous tomorrow night.

From Wednesday we will be doing an Omen card farm everyday at midnight BST 7pm EST. Anyone is welcome to join us on any job they wish, so long as they don't stand there and leech/go afk. You should also have some way to reraise yourself in case we don't have any mages present.

The Tuesday after we will be doing Kei, which hopefully gives many of us the key items to do Ou the following Tuesday. Should be lots of cool stuff for our members this month, including +3s, accessories, and some body drops if we're super lucky.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-11 15:37:05
Link | Citer | R

If anyone can video events for you, It can help pick out any things that may need/want to be improved upon aside from gear. Speed of buffs and w/e from the mage/support side. Minimum acc/haste/multi attack for Melee side as well as Everyone with a -dt/pdt/mdt set for any job they use. Meds and reaction time for those factors.
Use events like Omen as a testing ground for your eventual progression in Aeonics and keep us updated if you feel like it is worth mentioning.

GL on this months campaign and hope can get a lot done you want.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-11 16:51:57
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
If anyone can video events for you, It can help pick out any things that may need/want to be improved upon aside from gear. Speed of buffs and w/e from the mage/support side. Minimum acc/haste/multi attack for Melee side as well as Everyone with a -dt/pdt/mdt set for any job they use. Meds and reaction time for those factors.
Use events like Omen as a testing ground for your eventual progression in Aeonics and keep us updated if you feel like it is worth mentioning.

GL on this months campaign and hope can get a lot done you want.

We ain't had much issues figuring out Omen so far. Kin took a few tries, but we were way undergeared back then (killed it many months ago). Fu was no problem .. Gin was a cakewalk. I'm expecting Kyou to be easy, but Kei might take a little extra. I think we got the players to do Kei (wish we had more BLM though), so at that point it's thinking about Ou.

Again I don't think it's much to do with how we are doing things, it's just having the right jobs, or having enough people so can we can mix & match better. It's gotten way better in recent times .. we were doing events with 6 of us (on average) a couple of months ago, now it's definitely two parties worth. It surely makes the difference to have extra DD power and support.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-11 20:15:27
Link | Citer | R

Had a nice visit from another player jumping server tonight. Had a few lately, and I'm happy that we've been able to fit them in to events. 10 cards from tonight's run, and at that rate we shouldn't have any issues getting +3s for all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-12 14:18:24
Link | Citer | R

Just a reminder that we are doing Kyou x2 tonight at (Gather Together Time) 10pm BST, 5pm EST.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-12 19:49:10
Link | Citer | R

Done a good job tonight. First Kyou we went with 12, including 2 melees, a few pet jobs, two idris geos + brd + DP cor etc. Not too bad, a few deaths, but it died pretty quick. The second was more memorable as we lost a tank and healer, so switched a geo on to whm and used another tank.

It was going well up to the halfway point when the tank disconnected. I managed to tank it while he returned, but there were too many moments having to recover weakness. At lower hp we ended up wiping, so I tried to zombie. Very difficult as it would draw us in and wipe us again. After a few more wipes, we still had time to spare. Kyou recovered 20% because I let it go idle too long. With persistence (and some help from Zero), we managed to recover with 5 minutes left and 29% remaining. We plugged away for the next few minutes. I popped soul enslavement and knocked it down with back-to-back torcs. Just after 10% I popped Blood Weapon w/ Souleater to get away with stronger ws and keeping myself up with swings.

At 4% I noticed we had 1 minute left, and it went down with 30 seconds on the clock. We frantically lotted the items, got an earring, but lost a scale. It was one of those which could've easily been lost if we gave up after the first few wipes. Fun times. Having two lots of bubbles really helps lower the damage. Kei next week, then we might go back to Fu as some members haven't done it yet.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-19 13:03:19
Link | Citer | R

Friendly reminder; Doing Kei in a few hours. (Gather Together) time is 10pm BST 5pm EST. Bring ya nuking jobs!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-19 14:24:49
Link | Citer | R

Due to a few disappearing members giving no warning, the LS is most definitely recruiting again. Let me know your jobs please. Preferred you have a good range of jobs, and not just melee/pet jobs. Thanks.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12