Nintendo NX Is Now The Nintendo Switch.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Nintendo NX is now the Nintendo Switch.
Nintendo NX is now the Nintendo Switch.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Ackeron 2016-10-20 09:29:35
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Quote:
Introducing Nintendo Switch! In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.

At home, Nintendo Switch rests in the Nintendo Switch Dock that connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room. By simply lifting Nintendo Switch from the dock, the system will instantly transition to portable mode, and the same great gaming experience that was being enjoyed at home now travels with you. The portability of Nintendo Switch is enhanced by its bright high-definition display. It brings the full home gaming system experience with you to the park, on an airplane, in a car, or to a friend’s apartment.

Gaming springs into action by removing detachable Joy-Con controllers from either side of Nintendo Switch. One player can use a Joy-Con controller in each hand; two players can each take one; or multiple Joy-Con can be employed by numerous people for a variety of gameplay options. They can easily click back into place or be slipped into a Joy-Con Grip accessory, mirroring a more traditional controller. Or, if preferred, the gamer can select an optional Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to use instead of the Joy-Con controllers. Furthermore, it is possible for numerous people to bring their Nintendo Switch systems together to enjoy local multiplayer face-to-face competition.

Some standout things I noticed, the new Skyrim edition obviously, but looking at the list of devs on board Nintendo will probably be getting Dark Souls III when its large bundle edition comes out too.

The portability of this system makes me question the lifespan of the 3DS now though, will it get killed off for this version of system. I actually wouldn't be too upset by that as it would allow us to get Monster hunter, pokemon, and other handheld games to play on the big screen.
[+]
By Faelar 2016-10-20 09:37:08
Link | Citer | R

The list of partners is amazing. That's what the Wii U was lacking and so desperately needed.

I too question what this will eventually do to the 3DS. An extremely large portion of my handheld collection is exclusively on the 3DS, and I play it ALL the time. However I think they will continue to use the 3D aspect of it, since the Switch will most likely not have 3D.
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: mikuu
By Hatsune Miku 2016-10-20 09:37:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm actually really freaking excited. First Nintendo Console I'm looking forward to in years?

Depending on the battery life, this thing could definitely be a portable killer.

It's pretty much a tablet with a docking station rather than the other consoles trying to compete with PC tbh.

Are you switching? ;)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-20 09:37:47
Link | Citer | R

Ackeron said: »
The portability of this system makes me question the lifespan of the 3DS now though, will it get killed off for this version of system. I actually wouldn't be too upset by that as it would allow us to get Monster hunter, pokemon, and other handheld games to play on the big screen.
The value and selling point of the DS series is the dual screens, so I don't think that this will replace the 3DS at all.

The concept looks cool, and I think this is what the Wii's original purpose was supposed to be but never was realized.

My question is: How are they going to bring large, disc-required games like Zelda into a handheld version of itself? Unless the entire system really is that handheld and the port is just to bring it onto the TV.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-20 09:38:27
Link | Citer | R

Hatsune Miku said: »
First Nintendo Console I'm looking forward to in years?
Since the Gamecube?
By Ackeron 2016-10-20 09:39:04
Link | Citer | R

I expect a lot of game announcements to follow them finally lifting the lid on this. So excited! And I just can't hide it!
By Faelar 2016-10-20 09:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

My question is: How are they going to bring large, disc-required games like Zelda into a handheld version of itself?

Games will be on a cartridge, much like Vita games.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-20 09:41:38
Link | Citer | R

I'm not holding my breath on this, because the WiiU was supposed to have a lot of 3rd party support, but it never really panned out.

I am expecting the worst and hoping for the best in this case.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-10-20 09:42:34
Link | Citer | R

I thought they were done with the gimmicks. This is disappointing.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-20 09:43:04
Link | Citer | R

Faelar said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

My question is: How are they going to bring large, disc-required games like Zelda into a handheld version of itself?

Games will be on a cartridge, much like Vita games.
Sounds reasonable.

Concept is sound, and I like the controller being able to attach itself to the handheld version of itself.

At least we could thank our lucky stars it's not like the Wii/WiiU.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-20 10:03:07
Link | Citer | R

Bring back the GC, the cute tiny discs, and my favorite controller of all time! >:(

*acts old and cranky*
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-10-20 10:06:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I thought they were done with the gimmicks. This is disappointing.

If consoles don't have a gimmick, whats the point of them? PC gaming has matured into the superior form of gameplay boasting the ability to improve your 'console' over time, pick the controllers of your choice, steam etc. We've seen the Xbone try to be a home entertainment platform and the P4 emulate a PC.

If I can use the Wii Pro Controller at home to play on the Switch, that's good. Part of what annoyed me with the Wii was the stupid motion controls to begin with.

Trending towards making the console portable is a direct answer to the prevalence of smartphone games nibbling at consoles from the other end. This console makes the wise decision to give you snap on controllers.

Much like previous Ninty offerings, this console will rise or fail on third party support for the console. The WiiU was trash because P4/XBone had deeper catalogs and the only sane reason to get a WiiU were for Ninty exclusives.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-10-20 10:08:33
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Assuming it will also replace the 3ds, I like it a lot. If they still plan on releasing new handhelds along with it, it's stupid.

I fully expect Nintendo to run both a console and handheld in sequence. They are fond of repackaging and tweaks.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-10-20 10:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Nintendos stock jumped 1 bil after they announced they would be revealing what the NX was. Wonder how it is doing now.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-20 10:14:42
Link | Citer | R

Nintendo has always been about gimmicks. Always.

What was the original Zapper if not a Gimmick?

Lest we forget the Power Pad, Power Glove, R.O.B.?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-10-20 10:16:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Bring back the GC, the cute tiny discs, and my favorite controller of all time! >:(

*acts old and cranky*

Worthless discs that were that way just to be annoying. "lol we're going to try to stop pirates, hur dur"

Eh, it's ok but I prefer the Pro Plus controller myself.
By Jetackuu 2016-10-20 10:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Power Glove

It's so bad.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-20 10:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Power Glove

It's so bad.

Yeah, well what about

The lASERsCOPE!?

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-20 10:18:56
Link | Citer | R

Worthless discs that were that way just to be annoying. "lol we're going to try to stop pirates, hur dur"

Irrelevant. There were adorable. They were like Chibi discs.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-10-20 10:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Irrelevant. There were adorable. They were like Chibi discs.

The fact that it was an inconvenient and silly and inferior format is rather relevant my friend.

Not quite as bad as UMD though.

@2:14

An entire movie as advertising material, got to love it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-20 10:26:43
Link | Citer | R

The fact that it was an inconvenient and silly and inferior format is rather relevant my friend.

By Ramyrez 2016-10-20 10:28:19
Link | Citer | R

Again, right in every pragmatic sense.

But somehow -- as is often the case when it comes to Nintendo -- my nostalgia trumps all pragmatic factors.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-20 10:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
this has a great deal of potential.
I hope Nintendo does it justice.

If it goes well it might be the first console I purchase since, uh.

My second PS3? I think?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-20 10:38:43
Link | Citer | R

better than expected, confirmation of it using flash media instead of discs is interesting. i know why gaming switched over to disc based media but i really wish it never did.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-10-20 10:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Again, right in every pragmatic sense.

But somehow -- as is often the case when it comes to Nintendo -- my nostalgia trumps all pragmatic factors.

Hey at least it's not the N64 controller.

By Ramyrez 2016-10-20 10:44:04
Link | Citer | R

Hey at least it's not the N64 controller.

Fair enough, but FWIW, The N64 did more for FPS console gaming than most people give it credit for long before Halo came along and took all that credit.

...though to be fair, again, that may just be my college GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, and Conker's Bad Fur Day nostalgia talking.
[+]
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-10-20 10:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Wonder how this is built... I assume the bulk of the hardware is in the tablet. and the "Console" is just a stand and housing for all the ports. but that really makes me question it. If you can't put a case on the tablet without having to take it off to dock it then I feel like breaking the tablet will start being a trend.

Also it doesnt seem as portable as the 3ds. actually less portable than the vita. If it can do youtube/netflix then i can see it being worth carrying around instead of a 3ds (so pocket friendly)
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-10-20 10:47:19
Link | Citer | R

*acts old and cranky*

Remember this extremely exclusive and rare version of the Gamecube?

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8