August Ambuscade Page 1
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2016-08-25 11:40:20
Link | Citer | R

Hey everyone,
I am looking for a strategy for the Gigas Ambuscade. Any help would be great.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-08-25 12:01:27
Link | Citer | R

If you do some digging (maybe on August update forum thread) someone posted a strategy of VD clear. You have to have balls of steel to do that one on VD, lol.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-08-25 12:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Can find all the info in the last pages of the following thread: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48624/ambuscade-findings/15/#3151573
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-08-25 12:26:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
You have to have balls of steel to do that one on VD, lol.

You'd really be surprised how easy VD is w/ the right setup -- not even talking ultra-geared players here... about the same quality of player that you could take to Reisenjima T3.

JPs on Shiva are only doing VD Vol. 1 now, NA's have been slow to catch on -- missing out on that juicy 1200/fight.

Just have to be ultra fast to kill the main boss no matter which strat you choose -- valiance/magic barrier/barfira/etc are critical.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2016-08-25 13:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for info. I've seen some JP groups shout here and there but it's usually for a BLM. With the stray outlined in that post I can't think of what a BLM would be used for except for stun. Not looking for the VD, just looking for an option other than the Page 2 which seems to rely heavily on physical DDs. I was kind of hoping the Page 1 strategy might differ a bit, but doesn't seem that way.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-08-25 14:32:30
Link | Citer | R

Follow the link above, the post above it outlines how you can do 3-4min kills w/ BLM/SCH/RUN/GEO/WHM.