Free Aeonic Offer on Odin by RF6
First Page 2 3
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-18 16:17:07
Link | Citer | R

Good afternoon, Odin. A few weeks ago a random urge sparked in me to be nice and offer the loyal (or addicted) community that still throws Square their money an opportunity to earn one of those Legendary Weapons that only those in high-end and well-established groups are able to forge. I've already went through with this urge and gave out 2 free Aeonics to people that were ever so grateful for their new toys which made me feel quite good inside, so I decided to continue with this generosity.

Do understand, however, that this offer does not mean we will walk you through the entire process while you sit there and watch. There are 5 requisites you must fulfill to be eligible to join us on our journey, which I find rather reasonable.

1) Our event times are 6 PST on Friday and Saturday and usually ends at around 9:30-10:00 PST. You must be available during these hours as they are the only times I'm able to get the entire Linkshell on.

2) You must clear up to, but not including Warder of Courage and Kirin yourself (if you can clear these without us, good job you!). Assistance may be provided for tougher NMs for the more casual community such as Seiryu.

3) You must have either GEO with at least capped skills and Dunna or COR with at least the most basic Phantom Roll/Random Deal gear (Relic109 Head/Body, Emp109+ Hands, Barataria Ring/Luzaf's Ring).

4) Must already be on Odin server. I'm expecting lots of interest in this offer from people on this server alone, but if that's not the case then I will open the offer to people on other servers.

5) You must not be notorious for having a shitty personality. (Probably the most important one)

Participants will be chosen mostly on a first come first serve basis, however those that fail to show an honest effort of clearing the lower tier NMs themselves will be dropped further in line for those that prevailed.

Our next scheduled Aeonic round is August 12th-13th. There are currently 2 open spots for next round.

That's about all the information that comes to mind to be necessary to provide. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing more smiles on Odin server!
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-18 16:23:08
Link | Citer | R

I don't even wanna farm my own beads, m8.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-18 16:25:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Good afternoon, Odin. A few weeks ago a random urge sparked in me to be nice and offer the loyal (or addicted) community that still throws Square their money an opportunity to earn one of those Legendary Weapons that only those in high-end and well-established groups are able to forge. I've already went through with this urge and gave out 2 free Aeonics to people that were ever so grateful for their new toys which made me feel quite good inside, so I decided to continue with this generosity.

Do understand, however, that this offer does not mean we will walk you through the entire process while you sit there and watch. There are 5 requisites you must fulfill to be eligible to join us on our journey, which I find rather reasonable.

1) Our event times are 6 PST on Friday and Saturday and usually ends at around 9:30-10:00 PST. You must be available during these hours as they are the only times I'm able to get the entire Linkshell on.

2) You must clear up to, but not including Warder of Courage and Kirin yourself (if you can clear these without us, good job you!). Assistance may be provided for tougher NMs for the more casual community such as Seiryu.

3) You must have COR geared with at least the most basic Phantom Roll/Random Deal gear (Relic109 Head/Body, Emp109+ Hands, Barataria Ring/Luzaf's Ring). Along with the proper merits, which my recommended spread for exclusively rolling are PR Recast, Winning Streak 5, Snake Eye 3, Fold/Loaded Deck 1.

4) Must already be on Odin server. I'm expecting lots of interest in this offer from people on this server alone, but if that's not the case then I will open the offer to people on other servers.

5) You must not be notorious for having a shitty personality. (Probably the most important one)

Participants will be chosen mostly on a first come first serve basis, however those that fail to show an honest effort of clearing the lower tier NMs themselves will be dropped further in line for those that prevailed.

Our next scheduled Aeonic round is July 29th-30th. There are currently 3 open spots for next round.

That's about all the information that comes to mind to be necessary to provide. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing more smiles on Odin server!

When I see free I don't expect to see a long list of attachments...
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2016-07-18 16:25:43
Link | Citer | R

Look at my weiner playing with another weiner!

[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-07-18 16:27:35
Link | Citer | R

Save me a cor slot, there's a newblet I want to bring. I'll fix his cor up before then.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-18 16:32:13
Link | Citer | R

Not even FFXIAH is safe from Cali's dog pictures.

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Save me a cor slot, there's a newblet I want to bring. I'll fix his cor up before then.
Ok. 2 spots remaining.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-07-18 16:34:04
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Calipso said: »
Look at my weiner playing with another weiner!

Don't make me post my kitty playing with my weiner.

I'm just kidding.

I don't have a weiner.
[+]
By PUPLament 2016-07-18 16:36:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm interested, I'm looking to transfer servers anyhow, and I already have COR leveled and merited.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-18 17:12:38
Link | Citer | R

This reminds me how in my crew, pretty much everyone has COR leveled, and it's a pretty good job to fall back on, except when the alliance is half undergeared CORs. I think that establishing minimum gear/CP/etc requirements by job an strategy (in a separate thread) might be useful for aspiring Aeonic makers, provided it doesn't get outta hand with arguments over strategy.

PS: good luck, gang!
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-18 17:21:25
Link | Citer | R

This is really great to see. Good on your shell for spreading the love to those unable to clear some content. I really like that you set requirements. It allows people to be engaged in the experience of building their weapon rather than sit on auto-pilot and have it done for them. It's also a great way for people to see how this content is cleared and, hopefully, carry that knowledge to others.

Just a quality move, overall.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-07-18 17:38:09
Link | Citer | R

^

Thank you for being decent!
 Asura.Blittzjr
Serveur: Asura
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2016-07-18 18:55:57
Link | Citer | R

:O
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-07-18 19:00:38
Link | Citer | R

(ΦωΦ)
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-18 19:26:01
Link | Citer | R

PUPLament said: »
I'm interested, I'm looking to transfer servers anyhow, and I already have COR leveled and merited.
As noted in the OP, people already on Odin have priority, but if spots are still available by the end of the week I'll contact you.
Serveur: Asura
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2016-07-18 19:27:24
Link | Citer | R

This is a great idea and good on you guys for coming up with it !!!
 Shiva.Phx
Serveur: Shiva
user: phxx
By Shiva.Phx 2016-07-18 19:43:05
Link | Citer | R

As someone who restarted the game about 6 months ago and has been redoing/catching up on pretty much everything in the game I would jump at an opportunity like this.

I'd be more than happy to switch servers and stay on Odin if I could get in on this and potentially find an event LS so I can do more events with.

That being said I know you're extending the offer to Odin people first which is completely understandable, and like you said I'm sure you're going to get more than enough interest from your server first.

If you plan on having more runs in the future(and have spots for off server applicants) let me know. I've been focusing on GEO to help me find a Linkshell and BLU so I can solo everything I need to solo but would be happy to put effort into COR for this.

Thanks!
 Odin.Mischief
user: Merc420
By Odin.Mischief 2016-07-18 20:10:33
Link | Citer | R

We have cookies also XD.. Oh and Bump!
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-07-18 21:38:56
Link | Citer | R

They need more Benevolent players like this! Hope all goes well
 Odin.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-07-18 21:50:06
Link | Citer | R

We also use Skype to communicate, should mention that!

Also, must not be scared of having voice (if you talk, don't have to) broadcasted on stream. XD
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-18 21:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Update:
There are currently no more available spots for the July 29th-30th RF6 Aeonic Run. Thank you to all who showed interest. If you'd like to reserve a spot for next round (TBA), feel free to let me know here, PM or in game.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nekdal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2016-07-18 22:19:55
Link | Citer | R

And here i was gonna jump to odin this paycheck ww cause cerb is only Jp/EU times now and im usually on in NA time and its dead.

And my only days off are tues/wed
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-18 22:51:32
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Phx said: »
As someone who restarted the game about 6 months ago and has been redoing/catching up on pretty much everything in the game I would jump at an opportunity like this.

I'd be more than happy to switch servers and stay on Odin if I could get in on this and potentially find an event LS so I can do more events with.

That being said I know you're extending the offer to Odin people first which is completely understandable, and like you said I'm sure you're going to get more than enough interest from your server first.

If you plan on having more runs in the future(and have spots for off server applicants) let me know. I've been focusing on GEO to help me find a Linkshell and BLU so I can solo everything I need to solo but would be happy to put effort into COR for this.

Thanks!
As much as I'd like to help everyone, we can only get to about 6-10 people a month due to the size of our linkshell and the process of farming beads (if those didn't exist, we'd make one each week). Because of this, requirements need to be put in place to try and pick out the people that are willing to do a little bit of work for their Aeonics. Different server issues are more just bad luck than anything, but I needed another way to try and limit the amount of qualified people since I'd be getting about 10 times the number of responses as I have been or will be getting. With that number of responses, I'd feel kind of bad telling a majority of the people "Sorry, we can never get to you due to the large amount of interest that has been shown".

I admittedly did originally consider selling Aeonics like many others, but after thinking about it, I don't believe FFXI in mid-2016 should have things that are only accessible by specific groups of people or people willing to throw hundreds of million of gil at those to get it for them. Maybe that's just me, though. I'm nearing the point where I feel I've done everything I cared to do for myself and think it's time to spread generosity to those less fortunate than myself.

Hopefully more linkshells on other servers are one day willing to offer their free spaces in their groups to others as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-07-18 23:41:02
Link | Citer | R

I'd skype with you guys just to harass lygre
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-07-18 23:45:11
Link | Citer | R

Hopefully more linkshells on other servers are one day willing to offer their free spaces in their groups to others as well.
You only reach this kind of generosity when you have reached a certain level of completion.

Most people are far from that so they are still crying for a few millions. Here on Cerberus, people are desperate to sell stuff but at the same time they're unable to "lower themselves" and accept what people can give them. Something being free is out of question.

May they, one day, open their eyes and understand what state the community is in.
By Afania 2016-07-19 01:12:37
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
You only reach this kind of generosity when you have reached a certain level of completion.

Most people are far from that so they are still crying for a few millions. Here on Cerberus, people are desperate to sell stuff but at the same time they're unable to "lower themselves" and accept what people can give them. Something being free is out of question.

May they, one day, open their eyes and understand what state the community is in.

This is not true, I know a lot of players often offer help for free and let people lot free gears, they just don't run an aeonic ls to kill harder stuff, and best they can do is kill T3 and below.
 Odin.Blizzy
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2016-07-19 02:38:24
Link | Citer | R

Lygre is my Thunder Buddy
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-07-19 03:13:20
Link | Citer | R

Lygre was willing to cyber my manthra for cheap hp bayld
 Odin.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-07-19 14:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Lygre best NA SCH. It is known.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2016-07-19 14:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Had a friend make a mytbic last night, skype me after yesrs to share in his happiness.

Told me to ag my 119 empy and get back in game.

Stated to many sch copy cats, self skill chaining darkness with shattersoul. Something people hated me doing years ago.
First Page 2 3