Submit New Addon

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Submit new addon
Submit new addon
By Sammeh 2016-07-04 09:23:20
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure this has been asked a time or two, but I can't find it :\

I've got a couple of addons I'd like to add. What is the process for submitting new ones and then adding updates.

One is fairly complete and fairly simple. The other much more complex and while very functional there's a lot I want to add to it. (with many small incremental updates).

Any help would be appreciated.

-Sam
 Bahamut.Scizor
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2016-07-04 10:03:23
Link | Citer | R

I'm intrigued, what do they do?
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-07-04 10:37:58
Link | Citer | R

One is a modified Distance plugin that has color change settings for magic, gun, bow, (Sweet spots highlighted), (I think he got JA's in there), with an additional distance meter for pets if you have them so masters will know exactly how far from their pets they are.

Second one is a height addon. Lets you know the vertical distance from the mob. Color change based on safe distance from their AoEs and when you're not.

We've spent the last week helping him test exacts to make sure they're correct based on character and mob model sizes since there is some difference when compared to each.
By Kisagotami 2016-07-04 11:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Sammeh said: »
I'm sure this has been asked a time or two, but I can't find it :\

I've got a couple of addons I'd like to add. What is the process for submitting new ones and then adding updates.

One is fairly complete and fairly simple. The other much more complex and while very functional there's a lot I want to add to it. (with many small incremental updates).

Any help would be appreciated.

-Sam
All of that is done through github: https://github.com/Windower/Lua
Fork their repo, make your changes and create a pull request. When you want to update, just fetch upstream so you have the newest base then send another pull request.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-07-04 12:33:09
Link | Citer | R

Pleez make one that tells me how many Dawn Mulsums I have left. I always seem to lose count in a frenzy of drinking them so fast!!!!!!!

Blorblorblorblorblorblorblorblorblorb
By Sammeh 2016-07-04 12:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Well Grossbane spoiled surprise. Good lord dude.

Anyway I have 3 atm - all have their roots from distance add-on.

1) Height - simply displays the height delta from you vs target. Using this information you can avoid bad AOE attacks that are commonly found on Geaes Fete NMs.

2) DistancePlus - lots of things. I wanted a plugin to know how far away I could be before doing certain actions. For example: On ranger I wanted a visual queue for optimal shooting distance. I just color coordinate the Distance view. Also - if a pet is active, I display distance between master and pet. Very useful to get right inside of reward and ready range so you don't get hit w/ bad AOEs etc. One of the huge complications on this and where it's most valuable is off-setting for Model_Size correction of both player and Target.

Right now working on measuring Job Abilities. I think I have Magic Casting down to a science.

The thing that's annoying is SE put different ranges depending on the delta of target model_size - and I'm still discovering new mobs with different sizes :\

3) ModelSize - basically prints a small window with the target model size. Mainly used for debugging the DistancePlus plugin I'm working on. I thought it would impact Height as well - but it appears all mobs in the game have a casting/JA height of 1.0

-Sam
By Sammeh 2016-07-04 13:43:10
Link | Citer | R

Kisagotami said: »
All of that is done through github: https://github.com/Windower/Lua
Fork their repo, make your changes and create a pull request. When you want to update, just fetch upstream so you have the newest base then send another pull request.

Thanks for this info. I think I've submitted 2 of the more finished addons. I've never used Git before (I'm a very novice developer - mainly a lot of corporate scripting for systems administration in bash/powershell for work). So I signed up for an account, forked, committed, and issued a pull request. I think it looks right on website anyway ;).

-Sam
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
By Nyarlko 2016-08-17 15:56:31
Link | Citer | R

bump :3

Any word on progress on DistancePlus? That master<>pet distance display would be awesome to have available.