Death Penalty Damage Optimization.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Death Penalty damage optimization.
Death Penalty damage optimization.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-27 12:59:10
Link | Citer | R

hepzion spara +1 x2 is not gonna make for good salute spam, Fettering or Hepzion rapier +1 and Blurred dagger +1 is best unless you can afford x2 +1 blurred, if you cannot afford any blurred +1 then one those sword with Odium offhand is decent acc.

i usually have around 1150 acc before buffs and still need sublime sushi OR if you can afford them Marine stewpots for acc Racc and Macc.
By Afania 2017-11-27 14:03:45
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Question on dynamis [D] with corsair. I would like to say my cor is geared pritty well. But i struggle with melee on orcs after boss kill. Is there an optimal melee set someone can post that i can compare with? I have all the things HQ and such. Just looking for a reference point.

Thanks!

ItemSet 343252

1) Using Carmine legs over Samnuha is HUGE DPS lose, it should be the last piece to switch out even if you need acc or DW.

2) Iskur is solid tp piece for low acc set.

3) I'm not sure what the augments on Carmine legs are, if they are DW the then it puts your DW at a weird spot.

4) Like Eightball said, sapara +1 isn't great for salute.

Really just need to switch out Carmine legs for Samnuha and most issues fixed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-11-27 14:27:20
Link | Citer | R

Is there a reason why blurred knives are done over blurred swords? Is it simply the delay?
By Afania 2017-11-27 14:37:15
Link | Citer | R

Blurred sword has incredibly high delay for its DMG, and being a sword it has lower acc for cor too.

The only time I can see it being used is against NM with piercing resistance since all other oat weapons(degen, atoyac, blurred knife +1) are all piercing dmg. Even then you can probably use sapara +1 instead.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-11-27 15:26:28
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the responses! This is great! I have somewhere around 1210 accuracy prebuffs on cor I believe. And was a wiff fest on the second level orcs. If I could figure out how to post my sets I would show you. I just have trouble, I was using blurred sword +1 offhand but found it incredibly slow compared to shooting. With 11 sam roll im 3hit and 1 shotting orcs with lead. glowing DP of course.
 Odin.Geriond
Serveur: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-27 15:32:17
Link | Citer | R

I have about that much ACC on my DRK pre-food in my low acc set, and I haven't had any problems on the 2nd tier orcs (barring the THFs).
By Treizekordero 2017-11-27 15:53:16
Link | Citer | R

So Fettering Blade or Hepatizon rapier +1 and Blurred dagger +1 is better than having 2x Hepatizon rapier +1?

I thought the extra magic dmg and MAB would make DP hit harder?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-27 16:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Its a trade off of hitting harder vs hitting more often. With OAT offhand you can tp much faster than dual wield 2 reg swords so you will WS sooner and likely with more tp than w/o OAT which will make you hit harder aswell.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2017-11-27 16:22:38
Link | Citer | R

it does, but are you meleeing for tp or shooting?

meleeing means the offhand knife generally boosts ws frequency enough to overcome the extra WS damage on the rapier. Depending on the situation 2x knife could also be best (but you lose access to savage blade)

if you are shooting then its a good option, but realistically atoyac is really close in stats and also works. (my poor inventory)
[+]
By Treizekordero 2017-11-27 16:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Ahh I see now.

In a shooting for TP situation, has anyone figured out how Hep Rapier (+1) x2 performs against Fettering/Atoyac, Fettering/Hep. Rapier (+1), or Fettering/Hep. Rapier (+1)?
By Afania 2017-11-27 17:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Treizekordero said: »
Ahh I see now.

In a shooting for TP situation, has anyone figured out how Hep Rapier (+1) x2 performs against Fettering/Atoyac, Fettering/Hep. Rapier (+1), or Fettering/Hep. Rapier (+1)?

For shooting and spamming leaden(but not last stand), Fettering mainhand should be better than rapier for due to racc and crit.

Offhand is either omen shield if you use SJ without DW, rapier +1 for max dmg, or Atoyac if you want both dmg and some racc from AGI.

I don't have numbers on my hand but the difference between them should be very small and there won't be much difference if you just use rapier x2 for inventory.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-11-27 17:39:02
Link | Citer | R

A marginally related question: triple shot builds. I still prefer to use the 119 empy body for a higher percentage boost to triple shot over oshosi body, which garners more racc. With either death penalty or Fomalhaut I'm still sporting enough STP to weaponskill>tripleshot>weaponskill without oshosi body as long as I'm rolling a 2,9,10, or 11 on sam roll (regal neck), so the STP loss isn't concerning. However, I am wondering if I'd see more full connects on triple rather than 2 of 3. Considering I don't currently own one, was looking too see what others are defaulting to. And no, I don't need it for my preshot sets, they're on point.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-11-27 18:16:27
Link | Citer | R

I am also wondering this. Having 3/5 oshosi+1; and one of those pieces being the body. I have not done any testing personally.
By Afania 2017-11-27 18:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
A marginally related question: triple shot builds. I still prefer to use the 119 empy body for a higher percentage boost to triple shot over oshosi body, which garners more racc. With either death penalty or Fomalhaut I'm still sporting enough STP to weaponskill>tripleshot>weaponskill without oshosi body as long as I'm rolling a 2,9,10, or 11 on sam roll (regal neck), so the STP loss isn't concerning. However, I am wondering if I'd see more full connects on triple rather than 2 of 3. Considering I don't currently own one, was looking too see what others are defaulting to. And no, I don't need it for my preshot sets, they're on point.

I posted fomalhaut triple shot build in COR job guide thread a few pages back.

Usually, more stp from buffs favors higher triple shot %, so it is correct to use empy body in low acc set.

Oshosi body is a good racc swap, although it also isn't top swap priority for me.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-27 19:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Question on dynamis [D] with corsair. I would like to say my cor is geared pritty well. But i struggle with melee on orcs after boss kill. Is there an optimal melee set someone can post that i can compare with? I have all the things HQ and such. Just looking for a reference point.

Thanks!

ItemSet 343252

1) Using Carmine legs over Samnuha is HUGE DPS lose, it should be the last piece to switch out even if you need acc or DW.

2) Iskur is solid tp piece for low acc set.

3) I'm not sure what the augments on Carmine legs are, if they are DW the then it puts your DW at a weird spot.

4) Like Eightball said, sapara +1 isn't great for salute.

Really just need to switch out Carmine legs for Samnuha and most issues fixed.

I can agree to all, but I thought it was more about getting in solid hits so you could leaden. I can say sapara isn't as good an option, but again if it was to to help melee hits, so you could leaden more often. I just took that and ran with it. No clue on buffs, or food, or JP. It works fine for that, I personally use samnuha pants too.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-27 21:49:12
Link | Citer | R

well if thats the case then x2 blurred +1 is the way to go as the acc bonus on them + higher dagger skill should be more than Hep spara acc bonus
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-27 22:12:11
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
well if thats the case then x2 blurred +1 is the way to go as the acc bonus on them + higher dagger skill should be more than Hep spara acc bonus

Ah very true I did not take that in to consideration. I just happen to have 2 Sapara, so I use them. Still no luck on Blurred. Thanks ^^
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-11-28 12:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Looking to maximize Dynamis [D] damage. If that means melee cor/nin with death penalty then so be it (all stats get pulled magic weak and our geo's ride malaise)

I assume fettering/blurred knife+1 would win?

On that note, is counterstance an issue for anyone?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-28 15:52:39
Link | Citer | R

It's possible double HQ blurred would win since Leaden damage is already so obscene in Dynamis, but I have no definitive numbers. Then again, saving up a bit of TP to one-shot dangerous/annoying mobs (NIN, BST, WHM, SMN, RUN) would likely lean towards Fettering/Blurred for the higher per-WS damage. It's probably not a big difference between the two, as Leaden just demolishes everything in there.

As for Counterstance, I've died a couple times to it if I pull hate quickly on the Leader mobs and am not paying attention. Savage > CdC > Leaden takes a massive chunk off, and if we start too quickly, tank might not have enough enmity built up. Other than that, though, just stay behind the mob and turn if you get hate.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-11-28 15:59:30
Link | Citer | R

Generally on the Leader mobs we sch distortion > leaden (99K+99K) > coronach for double darkness magic bursting by the blackmage/mages. This takes the leaders to like 20%ish percent in like 10 seconds lol?
By Afania 2017-11-28 16:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
It's possible double HQ blurred would win since Leaden damage is already so obscene in Dynamis, but I have no definitive numbers. Then again, saving up a bit of TP to one-shot dangerous/annoying mobs (NIN, BST, WHM, SMN, RUN) would likely lean towards Fettering/Blurred for the higher per-WS damage. It's probably not a big difference between the two, as Leaden just demolishes everything in there.

As for Counterstance, I've died a couple times to it if I pull hate quickly on the Leader mobs and am not paying attention. Savage > CdC > Leaden takes a massive chunk off, and if we start too quickly, tank might not have enough enmity built up. Other than that, though, just stay behind the mob and turn if you get hate.

I generally use rapier HQ/blurred HQ since we roll with blm alliance and they often die before I get to engage. We also used regain roll so the engage time is even lower.

I'm considering switching to mab weapon x2 for that reason, but I then I'd need another cheap rapier +1 for offhand....
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-28 17:04:21
Link | Citer | R

we have not tried double darkness yet but perhaps wildfire would be a better double darkness option as you likly have malaise and whatnot on alrdy? only thing I can think of is they will resist fire too much.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-11-28 20:45:25
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »

I generally use rapier HQ/blurred HQ since we roll with blm alliance and they often die before I get to engage. We also used regain roll so the engage time is even lower.

I'm considering switching to mab weapon x2 for that reason, but I then I'd need another cheap rapier +1 for offhand....

What setup woudl you recommend for COR as the main DPS? 1-2 BLM only?
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-11-28 21:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Put 3 cors in a PT, RD rotation for triple shot, avoid any counter death risks, and pretty much everything out of range. STP roll, tact, let it rip? seems like engage/disengage running for mobs would waste more time then just shoot.

Is it the fastest possible? probably not, but it's up there with path of least resistance, and also negates the need for many buffs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1172 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Dexprozius
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2021-02-13 08:09:17
Link | Citer | R

I understand that it varies depending on your overall stats, say if you're low on AGI more MAB will be a better addition, but is there any rule of thumb breakdown when going for augments? People say WSD > MAB > Agi, but to what extent?

Is it something like 2 WSD = 1 MAB = 0.5 AGI? If I get a DM augment of 7% WSD, at what point will Raw MAB outperform it? It gets so complicated and situational when going for these augments
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-13 08:14:59
Link | Citer | R

here's how I've experienced trying to push Leaden/Wildfire/Trueflight damage, as they're all the same basic WS (outside of Wildfire not scaling with TP) in terms of what stats to aim for.

1. 1WSD= ~3.5MAB depending on your total MAB. The higher the number, the less equals 1WSD (or in other words, the more potent WSD becomes as you push the upper limits of MAB in a set). But it never really varies beyond a lower of 1WSD=3MAB and an uppper of 1WSD= ~4MAB.

2. AGI is just a bonus on any Herc augment of Fern/Taupe/Pellucid. Its not an "on path" augment, so don't worry too much if you dont' get it. If you do, and its paired with good MAB/WSD, dance in the streets.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-02-13 08:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Holy necro bump Batman.

On topic though i got MACC/MAB+18 and WSD+7 on herc hands and Carmine+1 still does more damage though it is close maybe ~700 damage between them.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-13 08:31:00
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Holy necro bump Batman.

On topic though i got MACC/MAB+18 and WSD+7 on herc hands and Carmine+1 still does more damage though it is close maybe ~700 damage between them.

Carmine are hard to beat for raw damage, but you should end up with better magic accuracy by a mile. The pair of herc hands I have now barely beat Carmine+1 with Macc+22, MAB+28, WSD+4, but I do appreciate the extra macc.

I always tell friends to aim to beat those last because they're so damn good. Legs of course are the primary augment concern for a COR, and possibly head for your Wildfire. Body and Feet of the Relic+3 set are simply too good to beat easily (or possibly at all in the case of the feet), and head uses your Pixie+1 in Leaden.
By yarnox 2021-02-25 06:05:08
Link | Citer | R

Checking to see what is Cor "base" MAB I see in spreadsheet.

5 in gifts + ?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-25 07:55:10
Link | Citer | R

Question, is there any situation where a melee cor (dp and leaden) would chose obi over orpheus sash?

I noticed in dynaD the other day on lightsday that my obi was equipping over orpheus and trying to figure out lightsday with double dark weather just hurts my head.