UI At 1080 Resolution (really Noobish Question)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » UI at 1080 resolution (really noobish question)
UI at 1080 resolution (really noobish question)
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Dantewolveswood 2016-06-11 17:44:35
Link | Citer | R

Okay I'm new at windower and I know this is something so basic, half of you would cringe but I can't figure it out.

The game looks so much better in 1080 but the UI is extremely tiny at this resolution. I've tried just "upscaling" the UI in options on windower but then everything is...desynced. The icons aren't actually where they are on the screen. When I hover my mouse over something, it gives no feedback; I have to click to the left of it to actually find it. (I hope that makes sense)

Is there a solution to this? I am using a tv as a monitor, if that helps.

Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2016-06-11 19:36:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dantewolveswood said: »
Okay I'm new at windower and I know this is something so basic, half of you would cringe but I can't figure it out.

The game looks so much better in 1080 but the UI is extremely tiny at this resolution. I've tried just "upscaling" the UI in options on windower but then everything is...desynced. The icons aren't actually where they are on the screen. When I hover my mouse over something, it gives no feedback; I have to click to the left of it to actually find it. (I hope that makes sense)

Is there a solution to this? I am using a tv as a monitor, if that helps.

Thanks!

isnt there an option in the FFXI Config for Background AND Overlay Resolutions? try changing the Overlay to something else.
VIP
By Iryoku 2016-06-12 13:51:21
Link | Citer | R

The "desync" problem with the mouse when scaling the UI turns out to be a bug in the game itself (try running the game without Windower, in full screen mode, with the hardware mouse, and change the UI scale; the bug will still be there).

It's definitely not going to be something we "fix" in a 4.x release. I've spent some time trying to work around the bug in Windower 5 by having Windower lie to the game about where the mouse actually is, but this only revealed more issues with SE's mouse implementation which makes it quite a bit harder to do properly.
[+]
By Asura.Dantewolveswood 2016-06-13 19:31:30
Link | Citer | R

I see. It's really not that bad, I just prefer it a little larger. I'll just deal with it.

Thanks for the replies.
By Jetackuu 2016-06-13 19:43:32
Link | Citer | R

I'm surprised people use a mouse for this game still, but hey to each their own.
By Asura.Dantewolveswood 2016-06-14 20:00:52
Link | Citer | R

To be fair I don't use much; It's more of a mindset I guess.

It just bothers me lol