Entry-level gear set for BST new to Escha
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2016-03-17 13:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Hey folks,

I'm starting to get into Escha content, and of the jobs I have at 99, it appears BST is my best bet at being able to contribute to a group that's clearing/farming NMs. I'm working to gear up my BST and have been told pet accuracy is most important (and I'm assuming I just hang back and let the pet do the work), so I put together a pre-Escha pet acc gear set on which I'd appreciate some feedback. The goal is to be able to use this set towards acquiring better gear in Escha. I also know Charmer's Merlin and Desultor Tassets are essential for Ready timer - can I full time those while just the pet is engaged or should they be part of a precast? Not sure how much that matters.

Anyway, here's the set:
ItemSet 342556
  • Arktoi would be fully upgraded

• Assume 20-25 pet accuracy on Acro gear, and 15-20 on JSE cape

• Couldn't really find any good rings (Adoulin ring isn't an option at this time but maybe in the future)

Thanks in advance for any help!
 Odin.Vuq
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-17 13:50:54
Link | Citer | R

Only use axe and legs for precast. Get a pair of skirmish legs or the ones from the nm in cirdas caverns and the axe from bee delve is really good. I think the axe from marjami wkr has pet stats as well. The sobek in reisenjima is really easy if u go to #9 i guarantee theres someone soloing it that doesnt need the headpiece, you should try and get the headpiece off one of the soloing mages to replace the totemic, a few stones should get you decent accuracy maybe even dbl atk/crit rate. Everything else is 'good enough'.