THF Solo Skillchain - Baseline Reqs?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF Solo Skillchain - Baseline Reqs?
THF Solo Skillchain - Baseline Reqs?
By Ecaidiana 2016-03-13 22:43:20
Link | Citer | R

I've been hearing a lot about THF doing solo skillchains as a means to get into Apex farming parties for Job Points. As a newer player that only has a few jobs leveled (THF to 99, WAR/DNC both to 49) what subjob is being used to consistently accomplish a solo skillchain? Also, what amount of dual wield, double/triple attack, store TP, or haste is required to generate the needed TP for this?

I'm currently using Sandung + Eminent Dagger with Espial Set...Asperity Necklace, Raider's Boom, Heartseeker/Dudgeon Set, Nifty Mantle, Headlong Belt, Oneiros Ring, Enlivened Ring...

10% dual wield delay reduction (not counting THF trait)
25% gear haste
12% double attack (w/ WAR subjob)
12% triple attack (w/ merits)
+3 Store TP

What do I need to shoot for? Going to try and get the Epona's for +3% more DA/TA and the JSE Cloak for 2% TA.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2016-03-13 23:08:49
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, you're grossly undergeared and need to think about upgrading most of what you have before considering an Apex party.
By Ecaidiana 2016-03-13 23:10:46
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Honestly, you're grossly undergeared and need to think about upgrading most of what you have before considering an Apex party.

Where do you suggest that I start?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-03-13 23:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Without getting too detailed, Rawhide hands/body/boots would be good. Augmented Taeon is also okay. You could probably kill Zi'tah T1s in sparks stuff, but if not then you could do Alluvion Yorcia.

Your neck, rings, and earrings are okayish so upgrading/sidegrading those would be a lower priority. However, the waist needs to be changed so just look around (i.e. use the item search function and click the links to see where the items come from) for things that are within your means. The JSE cape will be good but also try to augment it. I would also grab the 109 AF3 head. If you augment your Sandung to the max, then that should be okay as well for an offhand- particularly since your accuracy isn't initially going to be great.
By Ecaidiana 2016-03-14 11:19:54
Link | Citer | R

THanks for the initial reply! This is kind of what I'm leaning towards for a "short term" goal of sorts gear wise...I realize that once I get the dual wield bonus from Job Points this set will have me at +12 which is right around the cap with full magic haste if I'm not mistaken. In the meantime, I'll keep my Raider's Boomerang equipped for +10 DW.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/342493
 Odin.Vuq
Serveur: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-14 12:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Do you not have a rajas ring?
Since you are level 99 in something i strongly recommend finishing CoP/ZM/WoTG/SoA and getting the earrings and rings accompanied with completion, that would be my first step before even joining a yorcia skirmish. Also, you will gain a 40% capacity bonus from finishing those mission lines. Of cours also finish RoV as it makes the rest of the game easymode.
After that i would then gear skirmish and then work my way into t1s for the herculean. And then you will geared enough or have access to the gear required for a cp party.
 Odin.Vuq
Serveur: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-03-14 12:24:41
Link | Citer | R

Im on your server, and i have all the blunt procs. If you get a eponas pop i can kill it for you.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-03-14 12:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Ecaidiana said: »
THanks for the initial reply! This is kind of what I'm leaning towards for a "short term" goal of sorts gear wise...I realize that once I get the dual wield bonus from Job Points this set will have me at +12 which is right around the cap with full magic haste if I'm not mistaken. In the meantime, I'll keep my Raider's Boomerang equipped for +10 DW.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/342493

That's not bad- I would go with either the AF3 head (109 is okay, but obviously 119 is better), Dampening Tam, or Taeon with +2 TA 20/20 attack/acc over Whirlpool- which is not to say that Whirlpool wouldn't be a good upgrade before you get any of those. Another thing to keep in mind is that you'll be needing several other things for WS, such as Fotia gorget/belt.
[+]
By Ecaidiana 2016-03-14 14:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Vuq said: »
Do you not have a rajas ring?
Since you are level 99 in something i strongly recommend finishing CoP/ZM/WoTG/SoA and getting the earrings and rings accompanied with completion, that would be my first step before even joining a yorcia skirmish. Also, you will gain a 40% capacity bonus from finishing those mission lines. Of cours also finish RoV as it makes the rest of the game easymode.
After that i would then gear skirmish and then work my way into t1s for the herculean. And then you will geared enough or have access to the gear required for a cp party.

I have not completed any of the story missions 100%, though I have progressed into Zilart, CoP, TOAU, WOTG, and most recently SOA to the points of being able to continue my ROV missions (I'm on 3-1-6). I do plan on going back to complete all of these mission lines at a future date and time, as there are also Trust NPC I'd like to get on top of the rings/earrings.

I've also done some NM's in Escha-Zi'tah with my LS (got Rawhide Vest) and some Delve Boss runs...did the WS quest for Evisceration, merit unlocked Exenterator, and just need some items to complete the -1 WS quest for Rudra's Storm.

I will see about trying to farm pop items for Epona's NM as I really would like that ring (and could make good use of it).
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-03-15 06:11:42
Link | Citer | R

You should focus on completing all of your missions before worrying about an Apex pt. Each mission line you complete nets you +10% to CP gain. And the final chapter of Rhapsodies will net you 3 KI's of +30% each. So I'd focus on the +160% or whatever it is from completing missions before worrying about an Apex pt.
 Asura.Tarquine
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-03-15 06:39:52
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Vuq said: »
I strongly recommend finishing CoP/ZM/WoTG/SoA

Cannot back this up enough! Also get RoV done.

The more of all of that you do, the more CP bonuses, and XP bonuses will sudennly start appearing. Merits/CP will flow quickly and easily and become a real boon for you. Not to mention accessories which will be really good for you along the way, as well as opening up access to other higher end game content!

It will take a while, but you can solo 95% of that content in Espial gear.

Also, turn up to some WKRs and get some daggers.
By Ecaidiana 2016-03-15 10:29:08
Link | Citer | R

Thanks everyone for the replies! I plan on going back to complete some story missions this week, and I'm already in Chapter 3 of RoV and have my 1st +30% CP item. I've also been doing a lot of Escha-Zi'tah T1's and some Delve and got new gear...still a lot I need to get but the drops have been eluding me! ;(

This is what my current setup looks like...I know the belt leaves a lot to be desired xD

ItemSet 342522