Mythic-119(III) Vs. Lathi
 Asura.Spearus
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: spearbx
By Asura.Spearus 2016-03-06 14:53:40
Link | Citer | R

Hello,

Not sure if this has been discussed in another thread or not, if it is would anyone kindly post a link to it please. As the topic asks would the newly updated BLM mythic staff beat out Lathi for BiS category? share your thoughts and opinions please

(I think Mythic(III) is BiS now with the upgrade)
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-03-06 15:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Damage wise, Laeva can match Lathi with Cehu Snow Cone (and still be just as good as Death) while having significantly higher M. Acc

The real answer is *probably* a well augmented Grioavolr though. The potential 10% MB dmg ontop of high macc/atk (and bonus MP/INT if you get them) allows you to make some very significant changes for your other equipment. The 10% MB dmg should be a fairly decent boost in Death DMG too if you have 4/5 Amalric +1 (thus not reaching the MB cap)
 Carbuncle.Doryll
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Smacks
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2016-03-09 03:49:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm Curious to know which effect have 'Magic accuracy skill' in Ilvl Nms, because we're always resisted on Ilvl30+, even with the best stuff(merlinic augments/HQ Amalric) and an Idris GEO. So, maybe it's the key ?

LaevaIII is lacking INT but have good Macc and have 41 more Magic accuracy skill.

If someone have it, can we have results of tests on Ilvl mobs ?
By FaeQueenCory 2016-03-09 06:00:03
Link | Citer | R

Macc skill = that same amount of: elemental magic, enfeebling magic, divine magic, ninjutsu, singing, wind instrument, string instrument, blue magic, and dark magic skill.

So in the case of BLM: enfeebling, dark, and elemental magic skill.
There's no real need to "test" anything, since we already know how skill turns into Macc, and this is just "fake" skill.

Now let's compare:
Laevateinn:
INT+0
Macc+30
Mdmg+279
MAB+70
Macc Skill+269
Effective Macc (rough estimate): ~272
Lathi:
INT+27
Macc+15
Mdmg+232
MAB+63
Macc Skill+228
Effective Macc (rough estimate): ~240

So Laevateinn has roughly 32 more Macc, 25~47 more Mdmg (INT increases base spell damage, so Lathi's INT will close the base 47 Mdmg difference), and 7 more MAB than Lathi.
So it's better, but not by so much to make it a make or break piece.
But it's clearly strictly better.

Gridavoir on the other hand... It's sitting at roughly the same place as Laevateinn... But being more utilitarian, and potentially(usually) weaker. (In other words, it's inferior, but that MBB, as mentioned above, can potentially make up for it.)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-09 07:08:40
Link | Citer | R

If you had mythic BLM, I'd assume you'd be using AM1 or AM2 as well with a decent Occult Accumen set, so you can push your macc and mab a bit higher in those cases too.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-03-11 14:01:57
Link | Citer | R

It's not that simple. Using occult acumen means you are gimping your damage, using Vidohunir instead of Myrkr, again, means you are gimping your damage. A lot of the fights where AM would shine the most (i.e. Reisenjima T4s) would be fairly dangerous for BLMs to run in and WS any way. Obviously you can use AM on easier fights as well, but why pay 500m+ for a trash mob weapon?

I'd have to find out what the damage difference between a Lathi and a Laevateinn is, but I'd wager that the M. Acc alone probably makes it worth it.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-03-11 15:30:02
Link | Citer | R

If you're talking about near ideal weapons, Grio needs to be brought up too because a good Grio is better than a Lathi.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-03-11 16:11:57
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
You didn't add INT.
Unless you're way above your target's, then INT contributes to macc as well.
In a situation against high level targets (where INT would matter anyway) I'm pretty sure that it's gonna contribute for that and you need to take it into account.

Unless I missed something in your post? D:
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-03-11 17:46:28
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Macc skill = that same amount of: elemental magic, enfeebling magic, divine magic, ninjutsu, singing, wind instrument, string instrument, blue magic, and dark magic skill.

So in the case of BLM: enfeebling, dark, and elemental magic skill.
There's no real need to "test" anything, since we already know how skill turns into Macc, and this is just "fake" skill.

Now let's compare:
Laevateinn:
INT+0
Macc+30
Mdmg+279
MAB+70
Macc Skill+269
Effective Macc (rough estimate): ~272
Lathi:
INT+27
Macc+15
Mdmg+232
MAB+63
Macc Skill+228

So Laevateinn has roughly 32 more Macc, 25~47 more Mdmg (INT increases base spell damage, so Lathi's INT will close the base 47 Mdmg difference), and 7 more MAB than Lathi.
So it's better, but not by so much to make it a make or break piece.
But it's clearly strictly better.

Gridavoir on the other hand... It's sitting at roughly the same place as Laevateinn... But being more utilitarian, and potentially(usually) weaker. (In other words, it's inferior, but that MBB, as mentioned above, can potentially make up for it.)

I only skimmed your post the first time, but why are you using Path C as a comparison? You're giving up 5 INT, 5 MAB, and 80 MP for 15 MACC. This seems like a poor choice to me given that Death is half of what BLM does these days and that you're also getting some macc from INT.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-03-11 17:49:52
Link | Citer | R

Mystic!!!11111111!!
By lhova 2016-03-18 17:26:54
Link | Citer | R

Screw Lathi! We killed over 20 Yilans last night and not one stupid Lathi drop....
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-03-18 17:43:11
Link | Citer | R

lhova said: »
Screw Lathi! We killed over 20 Yilans last night and not one stupid Lathi drop....

That's the life of Escha Sky drops for u. Hang in there.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-03-26 16:08:23
Link | Citer | R

lhova said: »

That was us with Maju. Chestplates for all....
By Chimerawizard 2016-03-26 19:52:47
Link | Citer | R

My thoughts:
Lathi = quick sloppy end game weapon for BLM onry.

Laevateinn = sweet m.acc weapon for BLM onry that will take probably at least 3 weeks to farm to 119(III) if I don't already have the gil sitting around.

Grioavolr = random augment system /shivers. However once a sweet augment is on it. BLM/RDM/SCH/GEO all in one nuking staff. Potentially better than JSE / mythic weapon for dmg but not as good as mythics for m.acc.