users online
Forum » Windower » General » windower help
windower help
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-16 13:10:24
Link | Citer | R

is there a guide anywhere on how to set this up and use it? Id like to read over it.

Also, i did download it on my laptop but i havnt logged in through it yet. Despite that, when i logged in through the regular pol, i noticed my windowed mode was gone and my resolution was changed. Today before logging in i went to the ffxi config to change that back to what i had, and every single time i click on the Screen Size tab, the whole config now fully freezes up. All the other tabs work fine just not that one.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Serveur: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-16 13:43:10
Link | Citer | R

If you've downloaded and installed it, you've set it up really.

Here's a FAQ from their website: http://wiki.windower.net/doku.php?id=windower:faq
By dustinfoley 2016-02-16 13:43:36
Link | Citer | R

Download windower
click on the .exe
When install is done, click on the green lil mandy icon or w/e it is

At first you dont need to use any addons/plugins and can just launch PoL and start everything like normal. As you play you can make profiles where specific addons are on/off for each profile.

Once you install windower it will reset you ffxi config settings, make sure to run Windower and ffxi config as admin or it might crash on you like you are describing.

Anytime you go from windower to vanilla ffxi it will reset your ffxi config again to full screen.

Basic comands
[insert] - default button to open the console (dont really ever need to)

//lua list (lists addons)
//list (lists plugins)

//lua load [name] (eg //lua load gearswwap)
//load [name] (eg //load statustimer)

//lua unload [name]
//unload [name]

Once a plugin or addon is loaded, they all have config files to help you out, most with shortcuts so you dont have to retype as much.

//gearswap help
//gearswap reload
//gs help (etc)
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-16 14:18:17
Link | Citer | R

dustinfoley said: »
Once you install windower it will reset you ffxi config settings, make sure to run Windower and ffxi config as admin or it might crash on you like you are describing.

how do i do that? When i right clicked the mandy icon and selected run as and then select 'the following user' 'Administrator' i get an error message. Possibly because the admin password box is blank, but i dont recall ever setting a password for that. I always use my account.
By Jetackuu 2016-02-16 14:46:55
Link | Citer | R

Is this still on your XP box? Windower doesn't support Windows XP, that probably doesn't have anything to do with what you're describing, but it's worth noting.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-16 15:03:08
Link | Citer | R

yea, still xp. Does this mean i cant use it on this OS?

edit, i havnt logged into xi with it yet but i do have windower dl'ed on the lap top, and can start it up to the profile window with no problem.
By Jetackuu 2016-02-16 15:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »
yea, still xp. Does this mean i cant use it on this OS?

edit, i havnt logged into xi with it yet but i do have windower dl'ed on the lap top, and can start it up to the profile window with no problem.
It may work, but there's been issues with it, I just know it's not supported, beyond that I don't really recall, Rooks could probably tell you more.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-16 15:22:36
Link | Citer | R

i guess well find out. What about this? Does this no longer apply since its on xp?

dustinfoley said: »

how do i do that? When i right clicked the mandy icon and selected run as and then select 'the following user' 'Administrator' i get an error message. Possibly because the admin password box is blank, but i dont recall ever setting a password for that. I always use my account.
By Jetackuu 2016-02-16 15:24:03
Link | Citer | R

The admin thing? I believe that it's not necessary on XP, but I'm not 100% certain.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-16 15:30:08
Link | Citer | R

resolution question. The ffxi config has two resolutions. the background and the graphic overly. I have to keep the graphic overly larger because the default is hard for me to see. So my background has been set at 512x512 and graphic overlay at 640x480. on windower only see one spot for resolution. And it only says resolution. Nothing specific. Is there a way to adjust windower so the text/chatlog/icons are larger? Maybe the UI scale?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-16 16:04:48
Link | Citer | R

I tried loggin in as is. The log in itself worked. But as the game is starting up i get an 'encountered a problem' error and it shuts the whole game down.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-16 18:05:56
Link | Citer | R

I tried loggin in as is. The log in itself worked. But as the game is starting up i get an 'encountered a problem' error and it shuts the whole game down.

through a lot of trial and error. I can now log in. It seems the addon plugin_manager is what was causing it to get that error and shut down while logging in. With that turned off, i am able to get on. However it does still get an error when i shutdown.

Ims till left with that resolution question tho. Havnt toyed with the UI scale to see if thats what that is.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-17 21:55:13
Link | Citer | R

i dont get this one. I read that the blinkmenot was no longer supported in another thread. So i turned that off. When i did that i got a pol error any time i tried to log in and the whole thing shut down. When i turned it back on, i was able to load up without the error.
 Asura.Cyleena
Serveur: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-17 23:05:23
Link | Citer | R

Blinkmenot has not been supported for awhile, and is known for crashes, making characters turn into chocobo etc. Make sure you are using current version of windower as well (windower4) cause other versions do not work well with xp.
According to this link: https://gist.github.com/z16/f73d0912e5c5ed02c58b BlinkMeNot has been deprecated and replaced by dressup

Deprecated

These already have a replacement and will be removed in the future. However, the replacements are not direct ports and may require some change in settings and usage, hence they won't be removed until people had time to switch.

BlinkMeNot

Replaced by DressUp (addon)

You can always post issues on their website as well if your questions are not answered here. https://github.com/Windower/Issues/issues
 Bismarck.Linkka
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Linkka 2016-02-17 23:22:41
Link | Citer | R

resolution question. The ffxi config has two resolutions. the background and the graphic overly. I have to keep the graphic overly larger because the default is hard for me to see. So my background has been set at 512x512 and graphic overlay at 640x480. on windower only see one spot for resolution. And it only says resolution. Nothing specific. Is there a way to adjust windower so the text/chatlog/icons are larger? Maybe the UI scale?

In Windower for resolution, you are selecting the screen resolution (graphical overlay) windower will then set the background resolution to twice that resolution to make the game look better. See the old graphical improvement guide: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=1298371341322114666
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-17 23:30:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cyleena said: »
Blinkmenot has not been supported for awhile, and is known for crashes, making characters turn into chocobo etc. Make sure you are using current version of windower as well (windower4) cause other versions do not work well with xp.

thats the part i dont quite get. When i have the blinkmenot turned on, my game loads up correctly. When it is turned off, THEN i have errors that shut the whole thing down. Its backwards of what id expect.
I am using the current version.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-18 14:57:16
Link | Citer | R

gets more and more odd.

With blinkme not turned OFF, i was getting pol errors that shut it down. with blinkmenot turned ON, i wasnt having an issue with that.
However on both it still got a pol error that shut it down when i would hit shut down in the game menu.

So i just tried turning off blinkmenot and installing the dress up. Tried loogin in. I didnt get an error but it did seem to have a system lag a bit. But it was logging in so thats a plus.
I shut down to work on resolution and instead of getting a pol error that shut it down, the whole thing just froze.

So i changed the resolution to something i could actually read. Granted i do like the default resolution, but its just to small for me to read the chat log and the players h/mp bars. - I logged back in. When the crystal cs screen came on i hit enter to pass that and i got a pol error that shut everything down again.
So i tried again. I waited a few extra moments at the crystal scene before hitting enter, and it didnt get an error.

So im logged in with readable graphics atm. But i get the feeling its going to be glitchy as hell. This cant all stem from being on xp...
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-18 20:09:07
Link | Citer | R

know i keep getting errors when i try to log in. keeps shutting down. I swear, this has been nothing but annoying as hell.
This time it mentioned something about a Luacore.dll which is in the plugins folder.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-18 21:32:22
Link | Citer | R

little searching and found that Luacore.dll was associated with gearswap. Or in my case im guessing the dress up. I got rid of the blinkmenot.dll and tried getting rid of the laucore.dll as well. It didnt help when i loaded up because the file reappeared. So i turned off dressup and got rid of laucore again. I was able to log in twice. Then i got the error again; and noticed the file suddenly showed back up in folder. Got rid of it again and was able to log in again.

So looks like somethings up with the Luacore.dll
So just what is this file? And how do i stop it from showing up in my folder again?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-18 22:28:11
Link | Citer | R

apparently luacore.dll is necessary for everything. Perhaps one of the other plugins or addons is the issue then.

i already uninstalled windower and got rid of everything. And redownloade it. This time i havnt dl'ed any addons or plugins. I was just able to log in 3 times in a row. Which is a record. /grin So maybe it was one of the other addons or plugins. Granted i didnt even dl that many of them.

Ill just see if this works for now. If it does, ill try adding one each day and see...
Been mostly gone since the end of 2013. Im hoping either tomorrow or the day after to finally be able to make a return.