Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » News » Site Update 2016.02.05
Site Update 2016.02.05
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-02-05 15:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Clinpachi said: »
SO, I can't help but notice SOMEIMTES the star shows up by jobs, and other times it does not. When it does show up, if i refresh the page it goes away.

What kind of wonky sorcery is this o_o;

Also I might suggest a bit more of an orange tint to the star if possible. The yellow is super hard to see being that it's so small X_X; Sorry about backseat web developing you lol. Actually a SLIGHTLY lighter blue than the capped color might work better in this instance.

Caching issue. I've fixed it but it hasn't been deployed. I used up my Scragg Time for a while. Fix likely goes on Wednesday with the item update. As for the star, if you give me a new image I'll use it.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Rooooks could you please add cross-server AH stock to the Shopping list paaaage?

Maaaaaybe. (I'll see how hard/obnoxious it is. I recall there being a reason I didn't do it in the first place)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-05 15:46:09
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
Clinpachi said: »
Also I might suggest a bit more of an orange tint to the star if possible. The yellow is super hard to see being that it's so small X_X; Sorry about backseat web developing you lol. Actually a SLIGHTLY lighter blue than the capped color might work better in this instance.

Caching issue. I've fixed it but it hasn't been deployed. I used up my Scragg Time for a while. Fix likely goes on Wednesday with the item update. As for the star, if you give me a new image I'll use it.
Putting a black outline around the star would probably be enough. I'd send you the stars I used for my dat mod but I don't have them on this computer and there's a blizzard going on, so it'd be after a few days (as if you were in a rush).
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-02-05 15:57:38
Link | Citer | R

Rooks, while we're on the subject of achievement points, shields, and instruments, I'm going to pretend I'm asking if there's any updates about the missing RME shields & instruments issue when I'm really just surreptitiously prodding you to fix it so I can see my epeen numbers go up.

I'm going to follow that up with a bit of flattery (lightly sprinkled with guilt) by saying the reason why I don't really need an update is because I know you're a hard-working guy, and if I'm simply patient you'll get to it when you can.
By Draylo 2016-02-05 16:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Oh I like the little stars, that's a nice touch.
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-05 16:09:40
Link | Citer | R

rooks boss man

where is my icecream?
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-02-05 16:21:54
Link | Citer | R

ibm2431 said: »
Rooks, while we're on the subject of achievement points, shields, and instruments, I'm going to pretend I'm asking if there's any updates about the missing RME shields & instruments issue when I'm really just surreptitiously prodding you to fix it so I can see my epeen numbers go up.

I'm going to follow that up with a bit of flattery (lightly sprinkled with guilt) by saying the reason why I don't really need an update is because I know you're a hard-working guy, and if I'm simply patient you'll get to it when you can.

I know more or less what the issue is, but wanted to get a couple of easy bugs/features into a patch to get things moving again. It'll be fixed by the XI update patch (Wednesday).

Bismarck.Misao said: »
rooks boss man

where is my icecream?

Don't you have a dentist appointment tomorrow? Ask about it after that.

Draylo said: »
Oh I like the little stars, that's a nice touch.

Credit where it's due: I got the idea from this post by Tanag (and cheered on by Clinpachi).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-05 16:28:45
Link | Citer | R

Rooks, where's my keys?
 Ragnarok.Hulkamania
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Hulkamania 2016-02-05 17:14:06
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for doing this, too bad the site still won't recognize my mission completion ><.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-05 17:39:59
Link | Citer | R

Where are we supposed to see the yellow stars? I'm not seeing anything :(
By Draylo 2016-02-05 17:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Right after Rooks made that post the stars dissipated o.O
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-05 17:53:00
Link | Citer | R

I also am unable to send PMs, I get the "That character isn&#039;t registered" whenever I try to send a PM.
I received a PM but I can't reply to it in any way atm.

Also there's still a small bug in the Merit Points section.
When you reach "45" maximum merit updates, the number 45 should become bold (it's the cap) but it doesn't.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-02-05 18:03:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I also am unable to send PMs, I get the "That character isn&#039;t registered" whenever I try to send a PM.

When you reach "45" maximum merit updates, the number 45 should become bold (it's the cap) but it doesn't.

The PM thing has been happening in specific cases for a while; the entire PM code needs a REAL revamp, but I don't even know where to start on it.

Merit caps will be fixed Wednesday; there's an obnoxious implementation detail with max merits that I need to think of a way to solve, but I have a couple of terrible ideas, so here's hopin'

You have to get 2100 more JP to get them back
[+]
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-05 19:20:58
Link | Citer | R

You have to get 2100 more JP to get them back

Cool Dray! Make a cp party and invite me plz! :)
By Felgarr 2016-02-05 21:16:36
Link | Citer | R

I can confirm I see stars only on first viewing of someone's profile.

I used this guy's profile who has BRD/DNC @ 2100 JP:

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Phoenix/Supakoneko/#forum

When I refresh, the stars go away.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-02-05 22:45:09
Link | Citer | R

There is now a badge for the Cards Against Humanity tournaments. The badge is ugly right now, just a bad .png of an Ace of Spades, so if you have ideas for one that isn't terible, let me know.
WOO HOO!!

Next one's coming soon!

Very soon...

Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-05 22:46:57
Link | Citer | R

Waifu badge.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2016-02-05 23:54:37
Link | Citer | R

I want a special star....a Seekerstar....
 Sylph.Feary
Serveur: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-02-06 00:59:31
Link | Citer | R

my server rank says im 8 on my profile. however on the overall server page im 9.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-02-06 01:29:19
Link | Citer | R

like SE you forgive SHield and Instrument Aeonic weapons achievement lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-09 04:37:39
Link | Citer | R

[XI] The achievement point value for Job Points has been reduced. The original value was set when you couldn't get so many of them, and they were harder to get.

The same could be said for RME's cause right now the point system is dominated by those who spammed level 75 content. At least JP are a reflection of doing current stuff, even if it's killing level 130 crabs for hours upon hours.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-02-09 04:41:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

The first happend to me when a friend switched server and his AH.com never updated that - maybe he never flushed? idk - Just a direction to seek the solution maybe.

Same. Shoulda be bold.
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2016-03-01 22:29:57
Link | Citer | R

Does the yellow star only appear if using gw plugin, or am I missing something?