Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy Explorers - Megathread
Final Fantasy Explorers - Megathread
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-16 08:39:23
Link | Citer | R

Tried out a couple jobs last night, GEO and MCH.

GEO - Holy equip limitations batman, the load is so low. Was able to put on the most popular skills, but not leaving much room if you like to equip white/time magic sheesh. Also the two best abilities kill framerate super hard to the point of FFEX:The Powerpoint Experience.

MCH - Didn't get much of a feel for it, I made the strongest weapon that was available to me and didn't even look at the effect. I thought MCH was super OP or something, but turns out the weapon had inflict death on it, great for trash mobs but not so great on bosses.
 Bahamut.Badstreak
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Streak
By Bahamut.Badstreak 2016-02-16 09:35:33
Link | Citer | R

Machinist is super strong for a few reasons:

-Once you get lightning flash and desperado and link them, your rate of damage sky rockets.

-The insanely high load allows you to cross class some of the best skills. For example, my machinist always runs with Renew and Reraise. Basically full cure every 15s and reraise without eating up time. These together cost something like an extra 100 load. No other job can do that and still be functional.

-Trance is super strong with massive stat bumps and no damage limit. Machinist's Ingenuity trait takes these even further with longer and stronger trances than other jobs.

I've tried playing other jobs and when you go from having 225 load to only 140 your hands are really tied.
Serveur: Hyperion
user: mikuu
By Hatsune Miku 2016-02-16 13:25:53
Link | Citer | R

MCH and RNG are the most OP for one reason, and that is you can have the turrets and have them shoot too. I'm not too familiar with how to do it, since I only play Thief, but essentially you set up like... a few turrets or so and you can just barrage the most skills and you can make it so they all crit. With trance boost and etc... yah, they're op.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-16 13:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Hatsune Miku said: »
MCH and RNG are the most OP for one reason, and that is you can have the turrets and have them shoot too. I'm not too familiar with how to do it, since I only play Thief, but essentially you set up like... a few turrets or so and you can just barrage the most skills and you can make it so they all crit. With trance boost and etc... yah, they're op.
I don't hardly use Drones but I probably should. I don't use Renew or Reraise either but I do know that with Desperado + Lightning Flash and a fully upgraded Tiny Bee (for AP conservation) MCH can be mean.

I need to Encase a bunch of Amaterasu and rep some of my +AP with +STR.

The -Shot skills can be pretty mean too. Head Shot not only can hit pretty hard early on but can also kill in one shot. Arm Shot and Leg Shot was occasionally doing 1-3k (no crit) before I could pull off four digit hits consistently.

EDIT: Currently, my skills are the following...

R
Desperado
Lightning Flash
Head Shot
Magitek Ray

L
Drive (my unique is always here except on BST)
Gun Drone
Arm Shot
Leg Shot

I have Tiny Bee (+8 STR) fully upgraded, MCH armor (+200 AP/piece) fully upgraded, and my best THF Anklet so far with added +AP and +9 Absorb HP.

I don't have any mutations yet, never got around to it. >.>

EDIT2: Can multiple Links be applied to one skill? Think if you linked all your usedskills to each other. <.<
 Siren.Obysuca
Serveur: Siren
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-16 13:58:48
Link | Citer | R

Welp, that was a bit disappointing lol Got to 10 star a few days ago, but waited until last night to finish them with a friend. It took a total of about 40 mins to finish all 10 star. Now to sit here and do nothing until Fire emblem >_>

Not that it was bad, but part of me wishes I waited until the price dropped >_> seeing as if I had played it all day (only ~4 hours because I was playing it with friends), I probably could have beat it in ~2 days :/ It really feels like games these days are extremely short, compared to pre-2010. Like, 1/4th the gameplay, for more money.
By Clinpachi 2016-02-16 14:15:57
Link | Citer | R

I think it's more of a problem we play games like FFXI where it feels like we trained for a marathon around the world when it ends up being a marathon around a state park lol.

You get about 40-50 hours out of the game which is still pretty good for a 3ds handheld game, but I agree it could be a bit more. I do love the game though. I hope this opens more doors in this direction.
By Ackeron 2016-02-16 15:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Hope the next one at least acknowledges IX.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-16 15:42:26
Link | Citer | R

Ackeron said: »
Hope the next one at least acknowledges IX.
No doubt. Imagine Kuja's Attire. Lol
By Clinpachi 2016-02-16 16:22:48
Link | Citer | R

I liked it when they started adding armor sets to FFXIV, I just hated the playing time to earn it. Hey cool FF7 cloud outfit, shame I have to be subscribed to the game for 720 days to get it. I mean seriously?

I heard they released Firion's outfit for 800+ days now too. I would GLADLY pay $5.00-$10.00 for an outfit of my favorite characters. Especially if you can dye them different colors than the default.

Forcing someone to play for like a billion days to get one is just stupid.

I love the direction explorers seems to want to go. It's lacking sometimes, but on the right path. XIV has improved nicely at least, but it's still not enough to keep me subscribed for eternity. I only resub for major patches and then quit before that 30 days is up only to repeat.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-16 17:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Well it is a handheld game, which traditionally are not really meant to be long games because you are not meant to sit and play them for more than an hour or so at a time.

I have 60 hours on the clock and still on the 9* quests because I am getting distracted with other things. I am sure you *could* beat this game in a short period of time but that doesn't somehow make it an *** game.

Comparing it to the "golden days" of games is silly too. Remember the good ole days of FF4? You can beat it in under 3 hours. Chrono Trigger? Just over 3. FF9? Under 10.

People who blow through content and complain there wasn't enough drive me crazy, seems to happen with every FFXIV update in our FC. Especially frustrating when the people who do so clearly learned jack and ***about the content in doing so.
By Ackeron 2016-02-16 17:46:34
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »
Well it is a handheld game, which traditionally are not really meant to be long games because you are not meant to sit and play them for more than an hour or so at a time.

I have 60 hours on the clock and still on the 9* quests because I am getting distracted with other things. I am sure you *could* beat this game in a short period of time but that doesn't somehow make it an *** game.

Comparing it to the "golden days" of games is silly too. Remember the good ole days of FF4? You can beat it in under 3 hours. Chrono Trigger? Just over 3. FF9? Under 10.

People who blow through content and complain there wasn't enough drive me crazy, seems to happen with every FFXIV update in our FC. Especially frustrating when the people who do so clearly learned jack and ***about the content in doing so.
Hey!
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-20 22:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Trying to make an alternate build not based around the thieves/miracle shoes.

Right now I have 2 axes, I forget the names but they are Crit Chance/Slash+ and Absorb HP/Crit Power. Farming aberrant Alex to increase the crit power, easy enough, but I don't know what the cap will be, guessing 10?

Resist Death on headpiece.
Absorb AP on the body - caps at 5 though, kinda sucks, but still not having to do regular melee attacks unless something runs during a berserk.
Not sure what to put on the final armor slot, right now I have Magic Evasion.

Acc-wise right now looking at trying for the Auto-shell/Auto-protect ones. I managed a decent Flash Frieze with Freeze +8, Stop +7, and Restore Movement +10. So far it triggers on most bosses sans Shiva. Anyone have any idea on how resistances on enemies are affected in multiplayer?
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-02-21 08:08:35
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm working on getting Kain's Lance to try out Dragoon. So, I wonder if it's fine to keep Brave Blade and Tiny Bee permanently. I like those two weapons. I was going to get Cerberus but when I unlocked it, I saw it eats up AP really fast and the AP conservation on Tiny Bee is one thing I love about it. Also, It looks like a Desert Eagle and it was one of my fave weapons from X-2. If only Gun Mage used it instead, I hated that weird gun they had.

Starting to like Blue Mage, I have it as a physical attacker. I want to like Dark Knight but it's just way too slow for my liking.

EDIT: A look on Reddit lead to a list of fully upgraded stats. Looks like I can keep these weapons permanently. Though Cerberus has a significantly higher attack because it is special so I suppose I should get one at some point.

Bit late but yes get Cerberus it has 205 patt when fully upgraded and you will want to add on crit power+30. You will also want a trigoddess for the bypass def+20 with crit rate+8. Also with a decent absorb AP on thief's anklet the conserve AP-30 on cerberus doesn't matter.

As for armour I have the Ebon set fully upgraded with str+5 on the head, str+8 on the body and luck+10 on the feet.
By Pantafernando 2016-02-25 19:20:38
Link | Citer | R

The awkward moment, when after creating over 30 Thief's Anklets and some leech bat farming, just then someone reminds me that S/L is a valid move in any non-online game...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [189 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-09-01 18:22:17
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking of buying this game. How are the graphics and gameplay on the 3DS? I liked Legend of Legacy so not sure how this compares or to other FF titles.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-09-01 19:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
I was thinking of buying this game. How are the graphics and gameplay on the 3DS? I liked Legend of Legacy so not sure how this compares or to other FF titles.

Oddly enough I got bored with FFEX and am now playing Legend of Legacy lol.

Graphics are kinda meh, the usual 3DS limitations squashing things down.

Gameplay is very very very bland. It had an interesting system for leveling skills, but it gets old after about 10 hours, becomes a grindfest.

At least leveling up is not 100% completely RNG.
By Pantafernando 2016-09-01 20:23:47
Link | Citer | R

i really enjoyed this game when i started, it was interesting building combos and upgrading those, but unfortunelly the game was kinda dropped by SE as i didnt heard about any expansion or new content added since release.

It had potential, it will entertain during a week or 2, but i this game wont go anywhere after you can figure how the avatars works.

Playing multiplayer could be interesting if there was any way to communicate aside pre fixed phrases, and again, if the game could have anything after killing the same bosses or any revamped version of them.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-09-01 20:55:11
Link | Citer | R

Funny this got bumped, I actually picked up FFEX last night while waiting for my Ambien to kick in.

I think I might build up my Ranger at some point.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-09-01 21:15:01
Link | Citer | R

You complain about grindfest and RNGfest but you're playing Legend of Legacy lol.

That game while I did enjoy it is RNGfest on the magic and weapon skills lol It's VERY grindry lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Badstreak
user: Streak
By Bahamut.Badstreak 2016-09-01 21:21:35
Link | Citer | R

I moved on go to my first Monster Hunter title, Generations.

Similar but much more complex game.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-09-01 21:24:54
Link | Citer | R

You complain about grindfest and RNGfest but you're playing Legend of Legacy lol.

That game while I did enjoy it is RNGfest on the magic and weapon skills lol It's VERY grindry lol

Dem Eloise boobies tho!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-09-01 21:32:00
Link | Citer | R

Faelar said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Funny this got bumped, I actually picked up FFEX last night while waiting for my Ambien to kick in.

I think I might build up my Ranger at some point.

Ranger is one of the easiest classes to start off with. Great choice!
I play a lot of Machinist, Knight, and Red Mage. I assume Ranger is similar to Machinist.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-09-01 21:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Dem Eloise boobies tho!

lol i won't ruin her storyline for you then but hint hint she's ancient and old lol that's why she pursues the Star graal lol
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-09-01 22:55:47
Link | Citer | R

Eloise
Nice.
Serveur: Sargatanas
By Kalyna Maimhov 2016-09-11 01:09:17
Link | Citer | R

I picked this game up too recently. Been having fun with it, I just wish it wasn't so repetitive.

Go out. Kill <insert mob here>. Area looks bland (until the great crystal, love that area).

I was able to solo it as Monk (a class I liked to play as in FF14). My armor and weapons are pretty gimp. I did try online coop the other day. It was pretty fun but no real-time chat really annoyed me. I'm on the 6* quests right now so I'm not sure how much harder it's going to get.
Serveur: Sargatanas
By Kalyna Maimhov 2016-09-12 03:40:30
Link | Citer | R

One thing i learned last night:

Trying to Encase Leviathan with pets = impossible.

The tidal wave is just urgh.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22