LOL Wipe Vs Warder Of Courage ;)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » LOL Wipe vs Warder of Courage ;)
LOL Wipe vs Warder of Courage ;)
By hushmunkey 2017-10-07 16:36:25
Link | Citer | R

Did it SAM, NIN, BLU, THF, GEO, BRD, RUN, WHM, GEO; with CORx2 rolls then CORx2-drop-from-pt pre-fight. WoC died in under a minute.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-10-07 16:45:39
Link | Citer | R

We kill adds as they spawn, but wait for tank to get hate before doing so. Our tank has a pt chat macro he uses when AoE hate is established via /blu so dd's don't get themselves killed and geos can cure tank for the bubbles to hit adds. It makes things a lot safer and more organized in my opinion.

Quick note on thf, using larceny on SV will not prevent chsrm fest.

If you bring a rdm, you won't need 2 whms so for a 12man fight id go something like... whm geo dd x4, brd geo tank rdm and maybe 2 pet jobs with prefight cor rolls from a mule. Other than pet jobs with prefight rolls from a mule, those last 2 slots are going to make your life more difficult.

Last thing is bring lots of pops. You don't have to be near a warder NM to get its key item, so mass farming multiple NMs at once can speed up the process greatly. Even the best groups, aside from conduit burns, can still fail WoC sometimes if he just says F U repeatedly. Sorry if some of this info is obvious or repetitive, but they are things i didn't learn until after the fact.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-07 16:58:10
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
]If you bring a rdm, you won't need 2 whms so for a 12man fight[/b] id go something like... whm geo dd x4, brd geo tank rdm and maybe 2 pet jobs with prefight cor rolls from a mule. Other than pet jobs with prefight rolls from a mule, those last 2 slots are going to make your life more difficult.

Last thing is bring lots of pops. You don't have to be near a warder NM to get its key item, so mass farming multiple NMs at once can speed up the process greatly. Even the best groups, aside from conduit burns, can still fail WoC sometimes if he just says F U repeatedly. Sorry if some of this info is obvious or repetitive, but they are things i didn't learn until after the fact.
[/b]

Truly depends on the Rdm. A Pink mage will easily keep up on cures and erase np. If a DD rdm, dual wield Can be high or tops on DD list if they are geared for it. Work with what you have but GEO and Whm should cover cures if at all so rest can be pure DD
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-10-07 17:20:46
Link | Citer | R

Yea I should have mentioned in my scenario we had our rdm setup for curing/buffing/debuffing. The geo can cure but will get petrified at times so it's best to have the rdm cover curing the tank+geo and debuff WoC. If you lack a good rdm though, a decent brd should be able to handle the tank and geo np. A 2nd whm for just the tank and geo is really a wasted slot in my opinion.

I will also add that some of these posts claiming sub 1-2 minute kills are unrealistic for a first time clear. There will be hiccups, nerves, and whatever else initially. There are so many things that are obvious before the fight starts, but once the pressure is on you will be amazed at how many minor, or huge, mistakes you make until you beat it finally lol. That last 10-20% felt like hours on my first kill, it was so awful lol.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-07 17:37:29
Link | Citer | R

How are they getting petrified?
Javelin is only way I know of and unless the geo is tanking should not be an issue. Tank should be making WoC face one way and everyone else on the back side of WoC. I can see terror landing if Carols wear but should not be a massive issue.
3~5 min is a good rate of kill speed. Anything over 5 min really risk the chance of Bene or Mijin, though have seen it as early as 90 sec.
Keep on plucking and remind every DD to have both Temps and a -dt set ready if they take hate, cuz it can happen.

As said before, Bring at least enough pops so incase you have a bad roll and things just cascade down you can reset 1hr and come back with lil down time.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-10-07 17:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
How are they getting petrified?
Javelin is only way I know of and unless the geo is tanking should not be an issue. Tank should be making WoC face one way and everyone else on the back side of WoC.

Yes this is obviously ideal, but crap happens and people get petrified lol. Just saying relying on a geo to cure could be risky, especially with adds out. I'm sure a geo could handle it though, but I wouldn't go that route for a first time group.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-10-07 18:06:26
Link | Citer | R

I agree, but none of my group seems to get petra on, and even if they do Yag whm gets it off within a sec or 2 depending on if midcast or not
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-07 18:17:17
Link | Citer | R

If you are concerned about things going wrong, less is more. Meaning, do it with fewer people and smaller parties. Build a lot of pops, find a size that you can routinely win with and expand/win multiple times from there.
[+]