Tenzen II D "Solo" With Trusts?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Tenzen II D "Solo" with trusts?
Tenzen II D "Solo" with trusts?
First Page 2
By Mookies 2015-10-12 03:17:39
Link | Citer | R

I've seen the RDM video of the true solo on D that is listed. Does anyone know if this is possible on other jobs with trusts?

I mainly do this fight as DNC/WAR on VE for kill speed. It's super easy but you can get unlucky with RNG. In other fights, when I tried to bump up the difficulty one or two notches, it seemed to all go to hell. So I didn't really think of doing it here. I typically sub nin when attempting anything harder than VE.

Does he still stay rooted when he starts the WS spam, like on easier difficulties? I usually just run away and wait.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-12 03:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Mookies said: »
I've seen the RDM video of the true solo on D that is listed. Does anyone know if this is possible on other jobs with trusts?
Pretty confident if I go BRD/NIN and use both SP abilities I should be able to do it on D.
Would need Apururu, Qultada, tank (August? Gessho would be better for the shadows, but he sucks at keeping hate compared to August), Mumor (for haste samba + steps + stun) and uh... Zeid2 I guess (decent damage, SC potential and stuns).

Not sure the damage would be enough, considering how trust DDs don't really excel in damage and in fights like (D) and higher they usually lack accuracy (I tried to send them tells to use sushi, but they refuse to listen to me!)
Supposing the damage would be enough, BRD/NIN could easily do this BC on (D).

The problem I see with most other non-mage jobs doing this on (D) is the fact that you have no reliable way to keep the tarus slept, and without that it's kinda... hard I suppose.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-12 07:27:59
Link | Citer | R

BLU/RDM isn't bad, or potentially any subjob. Have done a couple times "solo" with trusts and have helped a lot of people do it without the use of a BRD.

Silent Storm knocks out the BLM Taru for 5 minutes which for me would be a little over half the fight. Dream Flower will take care of the other two Taru. You're also able to Entomb them, so if you wanted to make sure they never got to act you could alternate Entomb and Dream Flower. Probably too mp intensive to do that if you don't have Tizona, but King of Hearts helps a lot in this regard.

Tenzen himself comes down to just killing quick while he WSes into your Occultation. Save TP during Yaegsumi and move out of range when he invincibles, he won't bother to follow you.

Gekko is probably the most annoying thing, but with King of Hearts and Apururu you'd be fine if it even managed to hit you when Occultation's up. I'd usually recast it when down to 2-3 shadows to keep the proc chance high. Also, don't recast right before the Tarus wake or you could get hit with silencega/paralyga from Cherruki. That would leave you shadowless and waiting on recast.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-12 16:46:23
Link | Citer | R

Wanted to give it a shot when I came home from work:
http://www.twitch.tv/giraffeme/v/20409178

Some sloppiness, ended up using Occultation while a slow effect was on which wrecked my recast, but with Sanguine Blade it was still manageable.
[+]
By Mookies 2015-10-16 00:32:15
Link | Citer | R

Do you use -pdt sets?

I can make it till he eats the rice ball but then he'll randomly one shot me with a single WS, or a ws and auto. Trying it on Normal. Not sure what is the deal there.

What is your recast time on Occulation? I think mine is at around 32 seconds with rdm sub.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-10-16 00:58:12
Link | Citer | R

Mookies said: »
Do you use -pdt sets?

I can make it till he eats the rice ball but then he'll randomly one shot me with a single WS, or a ws and auto. Trying it on Normal. Not sure what is the deal there.

What is your recast time on Occulation? I think mine is at around 32 seconds with rdm sub.

How's your defense in terms sets like WSs and fast casts? Is he hitting you with WSs while you are doing these things?

Mahayaya is going pretty fast with his WS but I also see that there is good priority in buff and debuff maintenence. Things like Stoneskin right before that AoE WS ender, sleep + silence + def down during the 2hr from range and making sure Occultation and other buffs is kept up. Some emphasis on survival is necessary I think for this battle.

Great video btw Mahayaya. Took your ideas and used some of them as BLU/NIN because I don't have Tizona and it worked out great. Was Retinal Glare mainly for the trait or did you use the spell for MB?
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-10-16 02:30:31
Link | Citer | R

Yea that was a great strat I appreciate it. I copied it and tried it on D and got it down to 22% before wiping due to my own mistake. I chose to do /nin even though I have tizona just from a comfort perspective. There's a lot going on, but it's pretty simple so long as you prioritize survival over dd output. Just don't screw up your kiting path during 2hr like I did and eat back to back ws's with shadows down lol.

As for the person having issues with trusts getting 1 shot. Pay attention to your own ilvl. Your trusts lvl will fluctuate throughout the fight ANYTIME you change gear, not just when you summon them. So if your precast/midcast/pdt or w/e else set isn't 119, it could be that your trusts are getting hit while their lvl dips to 113 or 109 etc... depending on your current ilvl at the time of attack. It's no different than a bst pet's lvl changing mid fight if you take 119 weapon off the main hand, but trusts interact with overall ilvl, not just main hand weapon.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-10-16 02:42:25
Link | Citer | R

Huh, wonder if I could pull him far enough back just to stab him on NIN.

I know that on those occasions when sleep resist happened on D with others, I didn't have too many taru issues.

My bigger worry is not killing him fast enough to prevent the unblinkable Elucidation, but meh. Haste 2 is gonna be a must either way.
[+]
By Mookies 2015-10-16 04:14:01
Link | Citer | R

I'm using Augmented Taeon + Emet harness. I think the only thing that swaps for WS are the accessories. For fastcast it's accessories + body (body is 109 so I guess that may be an issue).

How much MACC are you guys using to reliably sleep the tarus on D?
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-10-16 06:42:05
Link | Citer | R

I was doing decent on tenzen normal with trusts. apoc drk using august, king of hearts , ulmia , apururu and the cor (fergot name). I got him down to 75% everything was smooth no mp issues. only thing that got me was mages got silenced. If I bring in a way to take silence off of my trusts I think I could solo it
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
Serveur: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-10-16 13:21:49
Link | Citer | R

I've noticed Cherukki sleeps very easily, and one other almost never sleep (I think Makki?). The third taru sleeps maybe half the time or so. Attempts done as BLU/RDM.

As for MagAcc gear, I'm using Amalric Coif (35), Orunmila's Torque (1), Hashishin Mintan +1 (24), Amalric Gages (15), Weatherspoon Ring (10), Cornflower Cape (15, +10 BLU Skill), Eschan Stone (7), Psycloth Lappas (35), Hashishin Basmak +1 (27)... haven't really optimized this set yet, but it's still a considerable amount of magic accuracy, I think (+169 total)...

As for MP in this fight, I've had to convert most fights, but mostly because I've been too lazy to mess with chat filters, so I probably recast Silent Storm or Tenebral Crush a bit early in case I "missed" them wearing off.

Quote:
I was doing decent on tenzen normal with trusts. apoc drk using august, king of hearts , ulmia , apururu and the cor (fergot name). I got him down to 75% everything was smooth no mp issues. only thing that got me was mages got silenced. If I bring in a way to take silence off of my trusts I think I could solo it

Try landing Sleep on Cherukki, she's pretty easy to sleep - the others not so much. She's also the one that casts ***like Slowga and Silencega.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-19 11:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Tried to solo this on BRD/NIN, by using both SP abilities (total 4 songs).
Used these trusts

August
Gessho
Arciela
Apururu
Qultada (who only used a single buff because I forgot I had the CP bonus up :P)

Brought Tenzen down to 20%ish, and then died.
Problem is that after a while I was basically tanking, spending too much time casting shadows (slowing down the damage), and when I had to re-sleep adds for the first time, I kinda died during Tenzen's SP ability.

Would be totally possible if it weren't for too much enmity generation, or if tanks could hold hate fine >.> but alas no.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-19 11:38:50
Link | Citer | R

Btw songs were:
March2, Madrigal2, Madrigal1, Minuet5, Minuet4.
Ballad3 for Arciela in place of Minu4.
Ballad2 and 3 for Apururu in place of both Minus.

Acc was 100% for Arciela and August
96% for me
74% for Qultada
56% for lolGessho

If I were really bored and were to try this again maybe I'd go with Mumor and Zeid2 in place of Gessho and August, for additional stuns, damage and debuffs (steps).
Maaaaaybe that way would be possible, but a single error casting shadows at the wrong time and you're basically dead.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-10-19 11:58:21
Link | Citer | R

It seems like it isn't the Taru that are the main issue, it's damage. Why do DD trusts suck so hard? Could try Ayame, if

A)I thought she'd hit
B)I thought I wouldn't be doing 2 WS for her every one

At least she'd light or darkness with me.

That said, I'm going to try this later this afternoon, though not sure if I'll do it on BLU or NIN. I don't think I'll be able to keep up with the MP costs on BLU, though timing convert during Invincible could help...gonna assume Magic Hammer isn't going to help.

At least on NIN/DNC I can remove silence from my healer and heal myself if things don't go well. I'll just have to try positioning very carefully.

tentative team of myself, King of Hearts, Derpururu, Joachim and his rocks, and I have no idea who. It's gonna end up with my arse jammed into the corner with no trusts and eating Meteor followed by a WS because San's down, but hey, this is a game, it's for fun.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-10-19 12:21:21
Link | Citer | R

I do not have a Tizona. :P

And the idea of relying on Occultation to prevent OMGWTFBBQ skillchain damage sounds tactically unsound.

Meh, I don't know, I did pretty well against Fenrir on BLU/NIN last night (wasn't a solo, duo+trust, but I did end up tanking because Amchuchu died in like two seconds). Totally different fighting styles going on there, though.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-19 12:28:32
Link | Citer | R

If going NIN, maybe /SCH would be better provided you have a good macc set. Manifestation Sleep > Sleep II could lock out 2/3 Taru which I think keeps them from using Meteor.

Plus Cherukiki is the one who loves casting Silencega and Paralyga. Sleeping her will help keep things less annoying. If the BLM uses Sleepga, you'd have Cure from sub to wake the trusts too. When BLM uses an aga put up a good DT set in case Tenzen uses that chance to cheapshot you. And you've got Stoneskin safety net.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-10-19 13:07:44
Link | Citer | R

I tried this a 2nd time and wiped in the 30%'s, 35 i think. The biggest issue is by far that trusts can't hold hate for crap. I often find myself just sitting back, waiting on August to regain hate while eating rng'd attacks with the most broken snapshot set I've ever seen in my life. Even with tizona, mp is still a concern because if you stay on Tenzen full time, even without spamming cdc, you will be tanking full time. I'm using August, Koru (might swap to KoH), selh'teus, apururu, and mihli (having a 2nd whm trust, especially with cureskin, makes August nearly impossible to take down). I'm getting close to swapping august with qultada or brd trust and just set myself up for tank mode and trying that way. I think with defensive traits/gear, I could tank this fight np so long as I can find time to put up dream flower and silent storm.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-19 18:27:30
Link | Citer | R

Yeah Libbien, hate was my issue as well on (D) on BRD/NIN.
If only the trust tanks could really keep hate off me, it would be over in a few mins =/

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-10-27 12:38:28
Link | Citer | R

how high your MP stays most of the fight makes me reallly want to start working on my mythic. that's insane. I've never actually seen it in action before.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-10-27 13:26:34
Link | Citer | R

in group content I usually wind up having to rest between fights or soak up devotions and radial arcanas from things like keeping shadows up and keeping people buffed with MG. That convenience combined with the damage is very attractive to my play style.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By zaxtiss 2015-10-29 03:11:37
Link | Citer | R

Is there anyway to keep my pet from wondering after the tarus when I solo on bst anyone know?
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-11-15 16:50:27
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Francisco said: »
I've noticed Cherukki sleeps very easily, and one other almost never sleep (I think Makki?). The third taru sleeps maybe half the time or so. Attempts done as BLU/RDM.

As for MagAcc gear, I'm using Amalric Coif (35), Orunmila's Torque (1), Hashishin Mintan +1 (24), Amalric Gages (15), Weatherspoon Ring (10), Cornflower Cape (15, +10 BLU Skill), Eschan Stone (7), Psycloth Lappas (35), Hashishin Basmak +1 (27)... haven't really optimized this set yet, but it's still a considerable amount of magic accuracy, I think (+169 total)...

As for MP in this fight, I've had to convert most fights, but mostly because I've been too lazy to mess with chat filters, so I probably recast Silent Storm or Tenebral Crush a bit early in case I "missed" them wearing off.

Quote:

Try landing Sleep on Cherukki, she's pretty easy to sleep - the others not so much. She's also the one that casts ***like Slowga and Silencega.
sweet I made sure to sleep her and i soloed on normal everything went smooth. it was little slow but smooth. apoc drk useing ulmia august king of hearts apururu and the cor that starts with a Q. I can never remember his name.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-11-16 03:19:37
Link | Citer | R

I tend to 2-box it on Normal and Difficult.

Me as MNK/nin - I switch it up between Spharai and Glanz to keep it interesting.

Alt as BRD/nin - carn+daube mostly 4 songs, but sometimes 5 whenever SP's are up.

Trusts - Since I always have hate on me so figured I dont really need a tank , so mixing it up between: Apururu(UC) , Churiki, Silh' , Tenzen/Ayame. Sometimes I take out Silh and make it a 3way DD-fest tenzen+Ayame+Me.
First Page 2