Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » News » Site Update 2015.08.18
Site Update 2015.08.18
By Nyruul 2015-08-19 13:44:31
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
I still don't see the issue with 2-way block.
So people who where mass blocked felt lonely and complained or was there a technical issue who blended out non-blocked users after a certain amount?

People were using it to launch personal attacks without fear of retribution (since no one who would report them could see what they were saying). There were other reasons, but it ultimately boiled down to it being a very anti-social tool, and wasn't worth the hassle. One way blocks still work obviously, and if someone is following people around and causing issues based on their posts, the existing harassment rules cover that.

Well... If this has happened then you must have seen the evidence of it and the people involved. You shouldn't let that crowd ruin the best tool at stopping the things that they do. You should remove the 2-way blocking for them. inb4 indirect Nazi comments in random areas of the forums later on.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-19 14:55:48
Link | Citer | R

Two way blocking is all or nothing, due to the structure of the query. It's a particularly hairy chunk of code that I intend to rewrite, but not right away (other priorities).

One way block still works normally, it just doesn't hide your posts anymore. If someone is following you around causing problems based on your posts, that's literally the harassment rule in action, so report it.
 Valefor.Damnit
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: bignig
By Valefor.Damnit 2015-08-20 11:48:43
Link | Citer | R

I have a couple quick questions, one I think I have the answer for and the other I am lost.

1. Assault achievement is stuck at 50% (1000) points, so i changed my title to Captain from the bard in whitegate, flushed guildwork and logged out waiting for LSCOM to update, If I recall I think that was the fix for that.

2. Why is synergy Achievement stuck at 37% when I'm at level 80? Is it just preset for the possible update to level cap raise to 110?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-20 11:56:18
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Damnit said: »
I have a couple quick questions, one I think I have the answer for and the other I am lost.

1. Assault achievement is stuck at 50% (1000) points, so i changed my title to Captain from the bard in whitegate, flushed guildwork and logged out waiting for LSCOM to update, If I recall I think that was the fix for that.

2. Why is synergy Achievement stuck at 37% when I'm at level 80? Is it just preset for the possible update to level cap raise to 110?

Yeah, the captain title change still has to come from the LSCOM, not guildwork. I'm fixing that, but as of today, it's LSCOM only. So yeah, once you can get it from LSCOM it should work.

Synergy achievement is busted. Cap is still 80 :)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-20 19:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I think they should make the most blocked player on FFXIAH the new moderator, that would piss a lot of people off.
I don't want the job.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-20 20:05:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't want the job.

Who says you're the most blocked? You aren't even top five.

No, you don't get to know who is.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-08-20 20:06:01
Link | Citer | R

I don't want the job.

You can see that now?
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-08-20 20:06:43
Link | Citer | R

Guessing game, go!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-08-20 21:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
I don't want the job.

I would personally love if you started a Stats august 2015 thread or something with various info like this (but not this exact fact if you want it hidden etc)

We know very little about ffxiah as users, like traffic and averages/countrys most hits come from, all sorts of harmless interesting goodies. similar to SE's yearly thing.
Ragns over at BG does something like this monthly.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-20 21:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
I would personally love if you started a Stats august 2015 thread or something with various info like this (but not this exact fact if you want it hidden etc)

We know very little about ffxiah as users, like traffic and averages/countrys most hits come from, all sorts of harmless interesting goodies. similar to SE's yearly thing.

Well, it won't include that particular fact, no ;)

I've got a number of fairly high-priority tasks right now, so this is going to take a back seat to those, but if people assemble a list of things they want to know, I'll see what I can do.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-08-20 21:55:46
Link | Citer | R

I don't want the job.

It's me

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-08-20 21:58:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
I know for a fact that more people block me than you Kali, nice try!
She has you blocked.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-08-20 22:02:26
Link | Citer | R

I would never block Josiah :<
By anik 2015-08-20 22:35:51
Link | Citer | R

what is this thread about
[+]
 Leviathan.Behemothx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2015-08-31 20:16:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Behemothx said: »
Hey Rooks, is there something you could do to make our equipped linkshells shown? My current linkshell hasn't been listed on my character for like 6 months. Talked to Stan about it and from what he said it's not on his end.

All my other linkpearl/sack/shell in inventory do show but not my current one.

My current linkshell does show on my guildwork profile though...just not here.

edit: Thanks for all the fixups btw, really appreciated! :)

If it's right on GW, I'll see if we're not receiving that information or just not storing it. Thanks for letting me know!

Sorry to bring this back up but 2/3 of my characters still don't show in up my correct linkshell... Oddly enough, my bazaar mule shows up in my linkshell and I've never even registered it on LSCOM site, while the two that are don't show up.

All on guildwork/ash

edit: and yeah, it shows up in guildwork
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-31 20:27:32
Link | Citer | R

The Guildwork integration is getting a substantial overhaul, post FFXIVPro 2.0.
 Leviathan.Behemothx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2015-08-31 20:30:07
Link | Citer | R

I was talking about ffxi though :D
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-31 20:34:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Behemothx said: »

I was talking about ffxi though :D

So am I. We don't have character level GW integration for XIV (yet?!). Right now getting the XIV side into something resembling usable is priority one.

I have a pretty good idea of where all the changes need to be made, so it won't be a long project, it just requires more focus than I can give it right now, with half the site basically unusable.
[+]
By Armyguy 2015-08-31 21:03:38
Link | Citer | R

Why are people getting 24k for have a level 110 craft. Is this going to stay or something that is going to be fixed? and if its going to stay can fishing not get 24k since a large number of people probably cheated.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-31 21:05:27
Link | Citer | R

Armyguy said: »
Why are people getting 24k for have a level 110 craft. Is this going to stay or something that is going to be fixed? and if its going to stay can fishing not get 24k since a large number of people probably cheated.

You'd have to eliminate all crafts, jobs, mythics... A lot of people cheat, that shouldn't reduce the value of your own achievements.
By Armyguy 2015-08-31 21:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Having crafts @ 24k is saying there harder then a mythic is that true? since mythic only worth 20k
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-31 21:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Armyguy said: »
Having crafts @ 24k is saying there harder then a mythic is that true? since mythic only worth 20k

It could be argued since they removed the time walls on making a mythic. 119 Mythics are worth more than 75, though I don't know the numbers off the top of my head.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-31 21:32:19
Link | Citer | R

Most of the cheaters are actually banned and aren't on the list anymore anyways, shouldn't be an issue.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-31 21:32:37
Link | Citer | R

A 119 mythic is currently worth 36,000 points, as you get multipliers for upgrading them.

Achievement totals overall need some love, but two things need to be remembered:

- There is nothing in this game that SOMEONE didn't cheat to get, so that's not a barrier I will ever consider
- No system is going to make everyone happy

Anyway, once I have XIVPro straightened out, I'll give the XI side some more love, but I've neglected XIV too long and it needs to be working properly before I do anything else.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-08-31 21:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Did Ergons ever get added to achievements? If so what are they valued at?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-31 21:36:42
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Did Ergons ever get added to achievements? If so what are they valued at?

They're actually calculated and added, but not displayed (ran out of time that I allotted myself for that, too much else to do :\). They're equivalent to a 119 mythic.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-08-31 21:39:01
Link | Citer | R

I see. Thank you. And don't think I'm trying to rush you to do it or anything. Just curious. ^^
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-31 21:43:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I see. Thank you. And don't think I'm trying to rush you to do it or anything. Just curious. ^^

What I had intended to/still intend to do was revamp how RMEE points are calculated in general, to better quantify the gaps in stages. Right now each stage is basically a 10% boost, but Relic 75->80 isn't the same as Empyrean 90 -> 95, for example.

I thought about just restricting points to 119s (plus 99 harp/horn/shields) to make it easier, but I didn't want to Matsui myself, so I'll figure out some math for it and add proper graphics Any Day Now™
[+]