Forum » Windower » General » Mule Timers on Main
Mule Timers on Main
 Fenrir.Divinian
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-07-19 18:32:12
Link | Citer | R

I was reading an old post (from 2014) and a player said they had been able to use the send addon to have his mule's buff timers sent to his main's screen. I can't seem to find any info about how to set that up. Is there anyone who does this that can help out?

Thanks in advance.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-07-19 18:41:25
Link | Citer | R

It's possible to use //timers commands to create custom timers. The player was likely using buff gain events in GearSwap to do something like:
Code
function buff_change(BuffName,g_or_l)
    local BuffDurations = {Haste=180,Presto=30}
    if g_or_l and BuffDurations[BuffName] then
        windower.send_command('send Main timers c '..BuffName..' '..BuffDurations[BuffName]..' down')
    elseif BuffDurations[BuffName] then
        windower.send_command('send Main timers c '..BuffName..' 0 down')
    end
end

Where Main is the name of the main character, BuffName is a string name of the buff (the normal first argument of the function), and BuffDuration is a table of durations keyed to the appropriate buff name. I only put Haste and Presto in the BuffDurations table, but you could expand it as far as you want.

It has been a while since I last wrote Lua code, but the intent of the above code is to send a message to your main that creates a custom timer with a set duration and then erases it when the buff wears off (in case of dispel or consumption or something). IDR if there's a cleaner way to erase a timer in Timers than overwriting it with a 0 duration buff.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-07-19 19:02:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
It's possible to use //timers commands to create custom timers. The player was likely using buff gain events in GearSwap to do something like:
Code
function buff_change(BuffName,g_or_l)
    local BuffDurations = {Haste=180,Presto=30}
    if g_or_l and BuffDurations[BuffName] then
        windower.send_command('send Main timers c '..BuffName..' '..BuffDurations[BuffName]..' down')
    elseif BuffDurations[BuffName] then
        windower.send_command('send Main timers c '..BuffName..' 0 down')
    end
end

Where Main is the name of the main character, BuffName is a string name of the buff (the normal first argument of the function), and BuffDuration is a table of durations keyed to the appropriate buff name. I only put Haste and Presto in the BuffDurations table, but you could expand it as far as you want.

It has been a while since I last wrote Lua code, but the intent of the above code is to send a message to your main that creates a custom timer with a set duration and then erases it when the buff wears off (in case of dispel or consumption or something). IDR if there's a cleaner way to erase a timer in Timers than overwriting it with a 0 duration buff.
Thanks a lot! I'll try to add this in to my mule's gearswap, once I figure out which buffs I'd like to see.