Mephitas Strategies?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Mephitas strategies?
Mephitas strategies?
By Mookies 2015-04-04 20:31:59
Link | Citer | R

Looking for info.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-04 20:45:21
Link | Citer | R

Whats its problem?
By Jimmyballsack 2015-04-04 20:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Did with PLD, two THFs, WHM, BRD, and GEO. Could've been done without the GEO, and to be honest, a PLD worth his salt with songs can go a long way alone on it, as I did around 30% of its health in damage while the THFs recovered from KOs. The biggest savior of this NM--bring stacks (emphasis on the plurality) of antidotes and macro them in. Good luck.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-04-04 21:03:14
Link | Citer | R

If relying on PLD, and with biggest problem poison (probably poison from AoE), I would sugest bringing SCHs, for skillchains with immanence and high tier nuke magic burst. Should be as effective as thfs rudra storming, without the hassle of dying. Could even drop WHM and BRD to have GEO and extra SCH, as every fight the mp is filled.
[+]
By Jimmyballsack 2015-04-04 21:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Yep, sounds good too. The THF deaths were only on the first fight till we realized the extent of its poison (somewhere around 250/tic). Once we returned with potions, it was smooth sailing.

It doesn't do any scary damaging moves either, just moderate AOE damage with the asinine poison potency.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-04-04 21:59:12
Link | Citer | R

Everyone should be standing near the NM since his AoE stuff will hit mages standing away anyway. WHM using Esuna after Venom Storm makes the poison a non-issue. Can also make everyone stand on top of each other so the WHM can Esuna the Venom Breath move quickly as well. The only thing that may kill anyone is Venom Sting. Had someone get hit for over 2k from that move even with Scherzo somehow. If you're going with a PLD, there's no reason anyone should be dying if your WHM knows how to Esuna and Curaga.

Replace Esuna with just Poisona if you bring along a Yagrush, obviously.
[+]
By Xaiha 2015-04-04 22:55:46
Link | Citer | R

We did our setup as NIN SAM WHM RDM BRD, we wiped the first time, but the second run, the SAM died early on and I was tanking it to the end, seems very easy when you're not feeding it TP. The rest of the fights was just me on it with the SAM dropping some fudos here and there.

One thing that is important, have everyone who will be engaging bring a few stacks of antidotes, don't wait or rely on your healer to take it off. its much easier for the WHM to keep you alive that way. The whm was far away enough not to get hit from that jump move so the fights after the initial wipe were pretty easy.
[+]