Archery and SAM
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-07 18:34:07
Link | Citer | R

Are you using the skill up roe gear and /RNG and scavenge?
By Pantafernando 2014-11-07 18:44:13
Link | Citer | R

Jassik will pay the extra quiver for misleading advertising, dont worry.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-07 18:57:00
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

I'm just surprised, I used less than 7 quivers.
By Luthiene 2014-11-16 15:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

Sorry about the late reply, Ive been away. I did use the skillup gear from sparks, but no /RNG, and consequently, no Scavenge. Maybe that has something to do with it. Its capped now however, wasnt too bad, and it was really cheap with Iron Arrows.

Now, excluding Yoichi, what bows to SAMs use? Ive seen in the guide here to use the Cibitshavore with the Store TP path. Is that better than the Tenzen bow?
By Pantafernando 2014-11-16 15:56:18
Link | Citer | R

Luthiene said: »

Sorry about the late reply, Ive been away. I did use the skillup gear from sparks, but no /RNG, and consequently, no Scavenge. Maybe that has something to do with it. Its capped now however, wasnt too bad, and it was really cheap with Iron Arrows.

Now, excluding Yoichi, what bows to SAMs use? Ive seen in the guide here to use the Cibitshavore with the Store TP path. Is that better than the Tenzen bow?

Its not just the stp, the str also is a benefit for melee and ws.

Using bow for anything relevant (delve boss+) aside yoichi normally is a bad idea, due to low racc (normally you have 100 less racc than acc), so that forces player to ask specific buffs (preludes instead madrigal or minuet), having racc food instead att food or having racc in all possible slots, resulting normally your fudo being stronger even with piercing benefits.

I would use cibi more for melee helps instead racc. Also, tp bonus for apex dont exactly increase its dmg anyway.
By Milnickel 2014-11-16 16:37:59
Link | Citer | R

i know you dont have rng lv'd. but it would split your upping time in half. Acc ja + barrage on abby worms! was seeing .4 / .4 / .3 / .4 per JA combo
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-16 17:05:45
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, no recycle trait and scavenge. Cibit is the best ranged slot for SAM unless you're using ranged WS, then yoichi is better. Basically, if you don't have yoichi, you should always have Cibit equipped.
By Luthiene 2014-11-16 17:27:48
Link | Citer | R

Cibit trumps the +1000 TP Bonus from Tenzen bow?
By Pantafernando 2014-11-16 17:45:55
Link | Citer | R

I dont know about dps number, as i only tried apex against dakuwaqa, and after seeing how my racc was bad, i just build an yoichi.

Probably an apex with hangaku will deal more dmg than an apex with cibi (path c ofc): has less dmg but has more ratt and to bonus, what will improve pdif, one thing for sure apex will lack in any decent mob.

But cibi with stp will make easier to achieve lesser xhits, and str will benefit your fudos, so overall, im positive cibi will make your sam better.

And path C only. Any other path will give up most of cibi potential.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-16 18:09:53
Link | Citer | R

Apex's TP scale is defense ignored, so TP bonus is kinda meh overall. Tenzen bow is slightly better for Apex itself, but falls behind for TP, it's just not worth the headache of carrying and changing bows for what little it adds.
By Luthiene 2014-11-16 18:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Oh wait, does the TP bonus from the bow not affect GK weapon skills too?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-16 18:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Oh wait, does the TP bonus from the bow not affect GK weapon skills too?

No, only ranged WS.