Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » BRD Terpander GS
BRD Terpander GS
 Hades.Triet
Serveur: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2014-05-25 01:39:10
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a decent working lua for Terpander?

Using Motenten's but songs are acting funky (I bet its something in the lua) even with specific song gearsets to remove the song duration+. Using Hymnus/Fantasia for dummy song. (Ghorn in progress)

I have +3 instruments for majority of songs. Ballad=+1 (Cithara&AF3 Legs), Scherzo=+1 (AF3 Feet), March=+4 (Langeleik&AF3 Hands), Minuet+4 (Apollo's&AF3 Body), Madrigal=+4 (Cantabank's&AF3 Head).
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2014-05-25 23:54:25
Link | Citer | R

Bump?

;_;
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-05-26 00:16:21
Link | Citer | R

You edited more than you should have. You should not be editing job_setup() if you don't have the skill to debug stuff on your own, since that function defines things that the job file as a whole depends on. You should only be editing values in user_setup() for personal adjustments.

You also managed to completely destroy the indenting, making it very difficult to determine whether you've messed up any of the processing logic.

Suggestion: scrap it, get a fresh copy, create a sidecar file (brd_gear.lua) and only copy over user_setup() and init_gear_sets(). Edit those functions in the sidecar file, test, and then get back with what your current situation is, if you're still having issues.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Serveur: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-05-26 00:35:16
Link | Citer | R

i have one. i use different songs tho.
By Sieha1 2014-05-26 02:10:36
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
You edited more than you should have. You should not be editing job_setup() if you don't have the skill to debug stuff on your own, since that function defines things that the job file as a whole depends on. You should only be editing values in user_setup() for personal adjustments.

You also managed to completely destroy the indenting, making it very difficult to determine whether you've messed up any of the processing logic.

Suggestion: scrap it, get a fresh copy, create a sidecar file (brd_gear.lua) and only copy over user_setup() and init_gear_sets(). Edit those functions in the sidecar file, test, and then get back with what your current situation is, if you're still having issues.

I think he is wanting a derrrr solution, not a I understand and will do that, solution.
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-05-26 02:59:01
Link | Citer | R

Hymnus will cause problems for you during Soul Voice because it gets a duration boost instead of potency. It's such a shame, that low casting time is so nice. ; ;
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2014-05-26 14:48:19
Link | Citer | R

Is there a better suggestion for dummy song? I noticed someone using Shining Fantasia, which I also use sometimes.

And yeah. The lua has Ghorn, which I don't have, so I removed it from all the sets and tried adjusting the midcast sets with the appropriate instruments (adding those that were missing. But I am now thinking that I should just remove Ghorn from all the sets and put "/equip range "(insert instrument here)" before each of the macros for each of the songs.
 Shiva.Siral
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-05-26 17:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Carrelo said: »
Hymnus will cause problems for you during Soul Voice because it gets a duration boost instead of potency. It's such a shame, that low casting time is so nice. ; ;

Usually when using soul voice you use night/troub so cast time should be instant.

So you can use hymnus for the dummy song for all normal times and then use paeon or something similar for the dummy song when night/troub/soul voice is active.

Pretty sure you can probably set a rule that when soul voice is active and you use hymnus it forces it to a paeon song or something so you don't have to worry about 2 seperate macros.
By Miang 2014-05-26 17:38:41
Link | Citer | R

I use Fire Carol II as my dummy song, since it has a range of 10' with stringed, whereas most songs have a vast range that ends up overwriting melee or tank songs.
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-05-26 22:54:19
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Siral said: »
Alexander.Carrelo said: »

Usually when using soul voice you use night/troub so cast time should be instant.

So you can use hymnus for the dummy song for all normal times and then use paeon or something similar for the dummy song when night/troub/soul voice is active.

Pretty sure you can probably set a rule that when soul voice is active and you use hymnus it forces it to a paeon song or something so you don't have to worry about 2 seperate macros.
If you want to go to the trouble, of course. I just mentioned it as reasons the OP's rewriting might've been going wrong lol
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2014-06-04 22:04:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Did this, wrote in all my sets, changed nothing else but the 'Terpander' bit and maxsongs to 1. I have the macro for the dummysong

line 1: /console gs c set Terpander Dummy
line 2: /song "Shining Fantasia" <me>

and all it does is overwrites one of the 2 previous songs.

My way around this right now is to have a macro with /equip range "Terpander" and spam it as I am singing 3rd song. Trouble is when I use Nightingale/Troubadour that doesn't work so well. :P

Here is the code

**EDIT: Nevermind I fixed it.
 Sylph.Ryogo
user: Rolypoly
By Sylph.Ryogo 2014-06-19 21:04:47
Link | Citer | R

Is there an advantage to using a dummy song? I just got my Terpander and I've been planning on playing the least prioritized song using the harp with quickening, fast cast, haste, and song duration -, then replaying the same song immediately after using the ghorn and song duration +. For example, I might play two marches with the ghorn, then play minuet with the harp, then overwrite minuet with the horn right away. It sounds to me like bards are replaying all 3 songs with the harp and then playing over them with the ghorn when a song is dropped. What am I missing? Advice appreciated.
By Zephin 2014-06-19 21:06:34
Link | Citer | R

i do 2 ghorn, 1 terp dummy song, then ghorn right after.

dummy song is to tell your DD's not to run off or outta range
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-06-19 21:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ryogo said: »
Is there an advantage to using a dummy song? I just got my Terpander and I've been planning on playing the least prioritized song using the harp with quickening, fast cast, haste, and song duration -, then replaying the same song immediately after using the ghorn and song duration +. For example, I might play two marches with the ghorn, then play minuet with the harp, then overwrite minuet with the horn right away. It sounds to me like bards are replaying all 3 songs with the harp and then playing over them with the ghorn when a song is dropped. What am I missing? Advice appreciated.

You'll be waiting on the recast of your third song no?
I do march1, march2 with Ghorn, fantasia(for short duration and AoE) with harp, then third song with Ghorn for full potency for all songs.

Anyone casting 3 songs in harp then overwriting all 3 again is just wasting time.
 Sylph.Balthamos
user: spamjab
By Sylph.Balthamos 2014-06-24 06:37:12
Link | Citer | R

I seem to be having a similar issue, I'm not sure if its because of the recent update but my Dummy Macro...

/console gs c set daurdabla Dummy
/ma "Shining Fantasia" <me>

doesn't seem to equip terpander, and Gearswap still swaps out precast and midcast sets (I'm using /gs showswaps)

I'm doing what people suggest, casting 2xwith Eminent Flute, 1xDummy song with Terpander and then overwriting with a 3rd song with Eminent Flute, it always overwrites the 1st song I cast

I'm wondering if I don't have sufficient gear yet to make a noticable difference in duration? if not could someone have a look at my .lua?
By fractalvoid 2014-07-10 19:25:10
Link | Citer | R

nevermind
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [232 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2015-02-27 21:45:03
Link | Citer | R

For anyone using Mote's lua, I was having the same problem and it looked it was always equiping my other instruments during midcast.

I just added this it disables gear swapping midcast for the times when extrsong mode is not none. just search for job_midcast and add it at the top of the function.
Code
-- Set eventArgs.handled to true if we don't want any automatic gear equipping to be done.
function job_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	-- add_to_chat(121,'midcast ')
	if state.ExtraSongsMode.value ~= 'None' then
		-- add_to_chat(120,'NOQUIP '..state.ExtraSongsMode.value)
		eventArgs.handled = true
	end