A Spellcast And XML Question..

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » A spellcast and XML question..
A spellcast and XML question..
 Asura.Eurewyen
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tessy
By Asura.Eurewyen 2014-03-02 17:56:51
Link | Citer | R

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to update my SCH spellcast with some new gear. So far the spellcast works fine besides a minor issue wich I hope you can help me with. My SCH spellcaster is found here

My question to you regarding spellcast and xml is as following.

1. How can I write the xml so I can get rid of the error I'm getting each time when casting any spells, not so god at writing these myself. I hope it can be solved, gonna be annoying to look on this error line each time i cast under events.
* (Photo added to post aswell on error)

But it says this!
"You must have a tow-handed weapon equipped in the main weapon slot in order to equip a grip"

I use club Tamaxchi with Genbu Shield in idle, town, cure, enhskill, Drakmagic, Mndenf, sets. But when resting and nuking I use a staff and a grip.

In advance thanks!

/Eurewyen
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-02 18:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Your fastcast set has a grip in it, but no staff. And you idle in a club/shield. yeah, you're gonna see that error a lot.

Even if you put a staff in your fastcast set, you may still get that error sometimes. As there's a delay between putting on a staff, and being able to wear a grip.

I'd either ditch the vivid strap(it's 1% fastcast. SCH can cap without that.) Or start idling in a earth staff and oneiros grip. Which is what I do.
 Asura.Eurewyen
By Asura.Eurewyen 2014-03-02 18:16:42
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Your fastcast set has a grip in it, but no staff. And you idle in a club/shield. yeah, you're gonna see that error a lot.

Even if you put a staff in your fastcast set, you may still get that error sometimes. As there's a delay between putting on a staff, and being able to wear a grip.

I'd either ditch the vivid strap(it's 1% fastcast. SCH can cap without that.) Or start idling in a earth staff and oneiros grip. Which is what I do.

Thanks for the help,

Yeah when I was aware of the vivid strap standing alone in the fast cast set it went up a light for me aswell. But huge thanks for advice and help :)
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-02 18:16:57
Link | Citer | R

errr. why are you equipping all your cure,nuke,etc sets in precast? Typically you do fastcast in precast, then potency in midcast. The exception being spells with a very short cast time. In the case of these, you'd make an exception, and use the potency in precast.
 Asura.Eurewyen
By Asura.Eurewyen 2014-03-02 19:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Issue is solved thank you for all the help and advices.
 Asura.Eurewyen
By Asura.Eurewyen 2014-03-02 19:03:40
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
errr. why are you equipping all your cure,nuke,etc sets in precast? Typically you do fastcast in precast, then potency in midcast. The exception being spells with a very short cast time. In the case of these, you'd make an exception, and use the potency in precast.

Well easy to awnser that. Still very new to XML writting and alot to learn, so listening and asking more pro writers on this helps alot, and trying and hopefully learning from the mistakes :)

But thanks for the heads up, I will look into that aswell next weekend, now time for sleep and yet another work week!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-02 19:28:15
Link | Citer | R

you may want to look at switching to gearswap. its similar to spellcast, but can do swaps better, and you can have menus open and it will still do stuff
 Fenrir.Zheta
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Zhizi
By Fenrir.Zheta 2014-03-03 21:49:32
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
you may want to look at switching to gearswap

I just re-subbed. How easy is it to make the switch?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-03-03 22:49:33
Link | Citer | R

If you're a programmer, extremely easy. If not, you get used to it. About as long as it took you to learn SC I'd say. It only takes a while to see the patterns and find sense in it, then it's very fast, and once you know it you can be as productive in it as in SC.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Serveur: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-03-04 01:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Zheta said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
you may want to look at switching to gearswap

I just re-subbed. How easy is it to make the switch?

this can help

http://sc2lua.windower.net/
[+]
 Bahamut.Juandbz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Juandbz
By Bahamut.Juandbz 2014-03-04 01:40:32
Link | Citer | R

I have a question.

How can I move those damn recast timers of magic/job Abilities off my menu but still have them?