Best Off Hand (non Rme) Wep For Ninja?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Best off hand (non rme) wep for Ninja?
Best off hand (non rme) wep for Ninja?
 Bismarck.Lubyone
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Lubyone 2014-02-02 23:32:24
Link | Citer | R

Specifically, I'm curious if Pamun (124 dmg 242 delay) is a better off hand than the RoE Katana (92 dam 190 delay). There are obviously other stats that prolly factor into the decision on the weps as well.

Anyone already done the math?
 Bismarck.Lubyone
By Bismarck.Lubyone 2014-02-02 23:35:54
Link | Citer | R

Should add i just got my AA katana.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-02-02 23:57:16
Link | Citer | R

Depends on buffs, but generally they're about the same, so I'd highly recommend selling your Pamun for 10M back. Plus accuracy matters again, making Kaitsuburi even more attractive.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lubyone
By Bismarck.Lubyone 2014-02-03 00:19:36
Link | Citer | R

Thx Llew - that helps.
By Santi 2014-02-26 16:45:47
Link | Citer | R

Assuming 119 R/E, is Kaitsuburi still best offhand?
 Sylph.Peldin
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-02-27 10:10:18
Link | Citer | R

+63 accuracy is kinda hard to beat (unless you don't need it)
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-02-27 10:22:31
Link | Citer | R

Are you adding the non-latent and latent accuracy values together? It's just 39 with latent active.
 Asura.Hoturi
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoturi
By Asura.Hoturi 2014-02-27 10:51:27
Link | Citer | R

I'd use Kaitsu for any accuracy intensive fight (Mithra AA) otherwise I'd just use a high dps offhand, which would be Raim since it arguably takes the least effort versus something like Kannikiri +2. I find with most of the Skirmish weapons they're only better than their 119 counterparts if you have near perfect rolls (especially on the damage).

I'd sell the Pamun. Rather have 10m in cash considering alternatives regardless of how comparable it is.
 Odin.Shuinam
Serveur: Odin
user: Tyrael
By Odin.Shuinam 2014-02-27 11:05:23
Link | Citer | R

Raimitsukane/Kannakiri+2 depending on augments I would think is best (not involving R/E/M as OP stated).
 Odin.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2014-02-27 11:19:32
Link | Citer | R

Delve and WKR katana still to come, too.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-02-27 11:38:15
Link | Citer | R

Katana is overdue for being a delve megaboss drop considering its one of the remaining weapon types they haven't included yet if you look at prexisting bosses and take a tally of whats 'missing' (Katana/Gaxe/Scythe/Gun/Staff/Club/Bow).

Pamuns should be avoided, they are already crashing because some people are converting to kannakiri+2, and AA katana/RoE katana is really 'good enough' until you take the plunge to make an RME.
 Sylph.Peldin
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-02-27 11:52:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Are you adding the non-latent and latent accuracy values together? It's just 39 with latent active.
Woops. Well either way, it's still a LOT of accuracy on one slot. It will definitely be the best offhand for VD MR. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the best offhand for the other VD AA fights as well.
 Asura.Hoturi
Serveur: Asura
user: Hoturi
By Asura.Hoturi 2014-02-27 15:06:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Shuinam said: »
Raimitsukane/Kannakiri+2 depending on augments I would think is best (not involving R/E/M as OP stated).

If what Arcto says is true, then Raim will always be better, if both are available.

Fenrir.Arcto said: »
I had to pass up DMG+11 MDB+3 WS DMG+5% since it doesn't work in offhand. /sadface
By Sieha1 2014-02-27 15:34:10
Link | Citer | R

if only these katanas looked as good as the Ichijintanto. sad to use such a cool model on a crappy weapon.
 Odin.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2014-02-27 16:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Sieha1 said: »
if only these katanas looked as good as the Ichijintanto. sad to use such a cool model on a crappy weapon.

Maybe part of the gear lock coming up...?
 Lakshmi.Kyera
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2014-02-27 17:23:26
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Katana is overdue for being a delve megaboss drop considering its one of the remaining weapon types they haven't included yet if you look at prexisting bosses and take a tally of whats 'missing' (Katana/Gaxe/Scythe/Gun/Staff/Club/Bow).

Pamuns should be avoided, they are already crashing because some people are converting to kannakiri+2, and AA katana/RoE katana is really 'good enough' until you take the plunge to make an RME.

And of those 7, 5 are already represented by existing WKR (Yumcax GAX/Club, Hurkan Scythe, Kumhau Staff/Bow) so by that logic, the final of the 7 WKR should drop Katana and Gun.
By Sieha1 2014-02-27 18:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Rikiyame said: »
Sieha1 said: »

Maybe part of the gear lock coming up...?

I dont know how I feel about the gear locking. Every zone you change including going into a battle it unlocks, every time you weapon changes it unlocks. Seems like there is going to be alot of effort in locking the gear all the time and you probably have to own the gear to lock to it.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-03-12 08:47:06
Link | Citer | R

From what I heard, you won't be able to lock your weapons.
 Siren.Kentai
Serveur: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2014-03-12 09:44:41
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sisko said: »
From what I heard, you won't be able to lock your weapons.

Maybe they'll be cool and simply not allow you to change weapon "type", since no matter what katana you appear to have, the animations are the same. Just wishful thinking.
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2014-03-12 10:18:07
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kentai said: »
Maybe they'll be cool and simply not allow you to change weapon "type", since no matter what katana you appear to have, the animations are the same. Just wishful thinking.
Would be nice, but I highly doubt it :(

I like the look of the Uguisu katana, they actually made a new interesting model for that katana... sadly it was short lived as iLvl weapons killed it's short lived existence lol

Was a decent offhand and the only katana with duel wield; maybe if we get a delve katana it will have duel wield on it... but that's wishful thinking :P
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-03-12 10:25:16
Link | Citer | R

Well, we'll see this in 6 days.

However, most delve weapons have effects directly related to the job (Triple attack for thf, pet acc/att for bst, tp for sam etc..) I wouldn't be surprised if Dual wield +2% were found on it.)
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-12 10:28:45
Link | Citer | R

From how its worded I would imagine it will keep the lock until you change weapon type since all the motions are exactly the same for each weapon of the same type.

Im hoping they do allow same type weapon locks I want to use my empys that I havent been able to 119.