Forum » Windower » General » Autoexec help
Autoexec help
 Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: deezymmo
By Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy 2014-01-16 23:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Trying to figure out how to say something in chat and having it run a script on my alt For example if I say "mpsongs" in party chat my bard on another char would then cast ballads. I appreciate any help as I had no luck finding it anywhere.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-01-16 23:03:16
Link | Citer | R

What you need is the send pluginAddon*. Rather than detecting chat, it literally sends the command to your alt.
 Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy 2014-01-16 23:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I used to use that awhile back it always crashed my game. Plus I'd rather just type stuff out I need instead of using macro space.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-01-16 23:26:05
Link | Citer | R

You could just make an alias such as //mpsongs that will send the command, but you'd still need to use send for that. If send is crashing you, get a crash dump to byrth, he'd want to know about it but likely whatever it was is fixed unless it was something on your end.

I'm fairly sure that autoexec purposefully doesn't have this ability to prevent using it for outright botting. I know there are many other dualboxing tools but I've never really used any.
 Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy 2014-01-17 00:07:19
Link | Citer | R

This is better than what I was even looking for depending on who says it in chat it will be a different action. It's going to be a long night typing all the spells up for 5 chars but will be worth it! So now my friends can even say cure4 in chat and it will cure them in case I'm busy on another char etc etc
Code
	<register event="chat_party_Senketsuhiro_cure4">input /ma "Cure IV" Senketsuhiro</register> 
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-01-17 00:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Byrth can't actually use the crash dump, if something is crashing it's not a Send problem, it's a Windower problem and we need to know about it.

Also, AutoExec can do that (react to chat), but Send is still the only proper way to accomplish this. You can type things out normally with Send, don't need any macros.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-01-17 00:13:14
Link | Citer | R

Ah cool. I guess the chat log thing was only for mob actions or something. Glad that works for you.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-01-17 00:13:55
Link | Citer | R

If you're going the AutoExec way (which I still don't recommend) consider using tells instead. It will not spam the party chat and you don't need to type out characters. You can just make it cast on <r> and it will cast on whoever sent that tell.
 Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Deeezy 2014-01-17 00:33:07
Link | Citer | R

@Acorn It was well over a year last time I used Send(when it was a 3rd party program?)I'm sure it's more stable at this point and I use party chat because I'm really only ever in a party doing stuff with my buddy. I'll load up Send and mess with it some.