Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-10-01 05:42:58
Link | Citer | R

@Ariaum

huh?

I don't think you were around at 75cap.

Have no idea how you think Suzaku is dying in 2 weaponskills at Lv.75, even Kirin's version wouldn't be close to that.

Also don't know how you can say mages "where" terrible for not landing something very dificult to land and was otherwise worthless at that time anyway.

Idk, must have only fought Suzaku at Lv99, probably the instance prior to engaging Kirin with your Lv.85 Kannagi Ninja.
 Asura.Alucardr
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Alucardr 2013-10-01 07:03:00
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Exeter said: »
Shiva.Ariaum said: »
Wrong your mages where terrible if they couldn't land silence on suzy @75 it was common, it just appears you play with terrible or are terrible yourself, and should feel bad. Why silence something that is going to die in 1-2 ws.

This image made me laugh. Thanks.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2013-10-01 16:40:14
Link | Citer | R

Thks for tips, just try it, easy win.

^^

edit : any one have an idea for a next solo target ?
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-10-01 17:41:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Next time you're bored Charlo I'm curious how rdm soloing arch omega would go since it's also pre adoulin.

I'm thinking of trying arch cristelle as well but never fought before, wondering if razorfury and a rdm to chainspell stun will be enough to kill it fast enough duoing

You should use SCH for stuns (not to mention embrava on melee), but I'm sure it's possible, especially with BLU + SCH combo. Just stun all her TP moves. Sudden lunge does stick. Should be pretty easy really. Could even zombie her if you really had to BLU/THF. She doesn't aggro. Only fought her pre-adoulin with 6-7 people @99.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-10-01 18:00:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Psylo said: »

^^

Pandemonium Warden :)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-01 18:15:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »

^^

I would think PW is still a bit ambitious even for a top geared RDM. There are a handful of videos of people trio'ing it WHM, BRD, PLD. The lamps just do too much damage simultaneously so self cure through without at least ballads.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-10-01 18:16:18
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

^^

I would think PW is still a bit ambitious even for a top geared RDM. There are a handful of videos of people trio'ing it WHM, BRD, PLD. The lamps just do too much damage simultaneously so self cure through without at least ballads.
I know lol, it was a joke, Psylo is in my LS.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-01 18:20:50
Link | Citer | R

^^

I'd actually resub and donate a PW key to anyone with a legitimate chance of doing it...
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-10-01 18:24:21
Link | Citer | R

^^

I'd actually resub and donate a PW key to anyone with a legitimate chance of doing it...

I actually popped it for a few people in my LS lastweek, Psylo being one of em.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-01 18:50:02
Link | Citer | R

Those were pre adoulin, I believe it was a Burtgang/Aegis PLD and similarly geared WHM and BRD mule. Might have been a THF to tag it for TH, but the lamps do TP at the same time as PW and cast T3-aga's in different forms. It's a lot of damage to mitigate, not just the physical/defense aspect of the fight.

I'd imagine it's much more doable with SoA gear, but probably still a tall order for solo. Especially considering the length of the fight, starting each stage terror'd, and that -DT gear rarely has refresh or legitimate melee stats.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-01 20:33:55
Link | Citer | R

This is one of the video's I was referring to.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-01 20:56:34
Link | Citer | R

the adds were no problem to ignore on pre-delve mnk with berserk up and only a whm for healing

would be pretty surprised if a good aegis pld couldn't win
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-01 21:10:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
the adds were no problem to ignore on pre-delve mnk with berserk up and only a whm for healing

would be pretty surprised if a good aegis pld couldn't win

That's definitely possible, the last time I did PW was at either 95 or 99 and it was a battle to keep HP topped off even with decent DT sets, at least for the DD's.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
Serveur: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-10-01 23:00:18
Link | Citer | R

On Pld I think it would just be a problem of positioning so all the adds were hitting you from the front, so you could get cures and spells off.

A few of the boss specialty moves may prove troublesome though.
 Shiva.Cziella
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-10-02 01:39:38
Link | Citer | R

Unrelated to the jobs mentioned, but since someone mentioned Arch-Christelle. I was able to kill it yesterday 2/2 with BST+SMN (2box) both had iLVL 113+ pets (Falcorr+Fenrir). Fight took around 20 minutes or so, it can probably last alot less with more preparation, I used the weakening items which was the hardest part (Getting near it to use the items w/o getting hit by 800+ breaths dmg and 100hp/tic poison, or instantly charmed and losing your pet) along with positioning pets so they wouldn't get hit by EBB at once. My SMN mule has really bad gear and so I just kept fenrir out for the best dmg:mp ratio I could get without resting/swaping avatars, BST on the other hand is top notch.

The fight was pretty intense, between keeping both characters buffed full time, Falcorr's HP up with Reward's timer and Mulsums, and BP rage timers while managing MP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Scwall
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Scwall 2013-10-09 01:37:30
Link | Citer | R

I'd be pretty surprised if a bad Aegis PLD couldn't win.

Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-10-15 03:12:57
Link | Citer | R

Arch omega definitely doable i got pod ejaculated at 27% though :(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-10-15 07:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Scwall said: »
I'd be pretty surprised if a bad Aegis PLD couldn't win.
we were talking about pandemonium warden but congrats on ur autoattack
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-10-20 14:14:00
Link | Citer | R

Thanx for the video. The Pld was still taking a substantial amount of damage over time.

Would definitely need to stick with Ochain (and use magic evasion/etc to reduce the magic damage), stacked with good defense from the new sets and some Hydra food perhaps.

Should be doable after Burtgang update (probably doable now tbh).
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-20 14:17:01
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Neosutrax said: »

Thanx for the video. The Pld was still taking a substantial amount of damage over time.

Would definitely need to stick with Ochain (and use magic evasion/etc to reduce the magic damage), stacked with good defense from the new sets and some Hydra food perhaps.

Should be doable after Burtgang update (probably doable now tbh).

Well, when you consider the sheer amount of -DT he is wearing, that damage is even more substantial.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-10-20 20:37:05
Link | Citer | R

I want to try this on RDM now, I'm quite sure it is possible to solo, just don't have a key and the motivation to get one from scratch.

This video is before SoA (obviously), with the addition of SkirmishII equipment, everything bar end tier voidwatch/Adoulin hit for absolute laughable numbers. This includes Absolute Virtue, I'll use one of the 75caps most fearsome monster for reference (Mind you, he was never beaten legitimately pre-Lv80 cap, unlike PW.)

On a resist(which were VERY common occurrence, even without baraero) his Tornado II was reduced to a laughable 100 dmg. On a full land it did something like 400 dmg, Meteor/Comet were similar numbers. Everything else isn't even worth mentioning.

Not only does the Skirmish gear come with a large amount of DEF/Magic Evasion, it also comes with Evasion, and in excessive amounts. I don't have an exact figure, but AV's hitrate was pretty poor. I didn't win, but this isn't because of his AV's strength as such, but because of Benedicton and unlucky charms when starts spamming the BRD charm song. It's worth noting I never casted Stoneskin, had there been a need for it, casting it repeatedly would have been easy, with his hitrate/dmg output it would have been a strong tool.

Now with PW, his adds really do not faze me whatsoever. With the Beatific Shield, capped shield skill, and the increased block rate perk present on the base of the shield, you will be blocking their already pathetic dmg output often. That'll be when they hit you though, as their hitrate will be poor as well, stick on Ice Spikes and get them all paralyzed to evade even more attack rounds. The shield can be augmented with Shield Mastery +1~2, this will make shield blocks prevent spell interruption which ultimately makes Stoneskin easy to reapply further making the adds negligible.

Their nukes aren't even worth considering to be honest, the times they don't get completely resisted into the ground (which will not be often, mind you) they will be hit with 50% MDT, Phalanx (RDM makes this spell very potent at 500 skill) and RDM's MDB traits.

Pandemonium Warden himself isn't fearsome at all save two instances. The Discoid Chariot, this has the potential to kill or place you very low pending on how much of it is resisted with magic evasion. To alleviate this, sub either BLM or DRK and stun it, this sub choice doesn't really come to any disadvantages against adds as the defense from cocoon should not be necessary. It could actually be a wise choice for Aspir. The Chariot, much like PW's other forms are very squishy, even for a soloer.

Then there's the Astral Flow phase, this phase shouldn't really be an issue with Stoneskin up, but it's something I'd actually like to see for myself.

I made the sets I use on my profile.
Serveur: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Caliber
By Scrappy Doo 2013-10-20 20:39:18
Link | Citer | R

kraken drk zergs wasnt legitimate? :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-10-20 21:00:17
Link | Citer | R

@Mat; I forgot about those wins to be honest.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-20 21:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Meteor on a full land will be much higher than 400, that was a partial resist. The only thing dangerous about AV is bracelets meteor+chainspell or manafont, and charm. You'll rarely ever get hit for much per meteor, but if you got RNG'd, you could get hit for an FU 1shot still. Discoid wouldn't be worth changing your sub for though imo, it should only get like 1 TP move off tops before dying.
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2013-11-04 04:33:06
Link | Citer | R

Ok PW tanking in RDM/BLU => done

Wipe my face by a discoid, unless have DEF 1200 & cocoon & PDT 50%.

Thats too bad.
By charlo999 2013-11-04 08:33:57
Link | Citer | R

apart from the fact discoid is aoe magical damage and pdt and def will do jack for it
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2013-11-04 08:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Shell up & beatific and natural MDF from job & gear, or maybe was just unlucky on it
By charlo999 2013-11-04 08:40:46
Link | Citer | R

If you cant get it down to manageable levels id suggest saving tp for stunning with flat blade if you see it if not use that tp to req and take it down depending on how many tp moves it can do before you kill it. Which shouldn't be many
Don't know if magic evasion helps with discoid and if you got unlucky also.

Also could kite nuke if your really worried since discoid is only 10 yalms.
Not sure is break will land to stun it.

its 4400 damage base so down to 2200 with capped mdt, not sure how mdb affects it or Dstat but phalanx and SS should bring that down to 1750 ish.
Arrabiatta and /war and some hp gears may be another option.
If you don't like saving tp for flat blade /dnc is another option since I doubt coccon is really needed.