Timers (Duration)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Timers (Duration)
Timers (Duration)
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-09-17 20:50:07
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the duration that displays? As in, I know that all my rolls last 6m20sec or 380 sec, due to my gear and merits. I know where this duration is stored in the status.xml file. I've tried to adjust the duration, but timers still shows 5min14sec or 314, which the status file doesn't even have set.

Where is this data coming from? Can it be adjusted to our needs?
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-09-19 15:42:54
Link | Citer | R

Bump?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-19 16:14:18
Link | Citer | R

I thought there was a way but I can't seem to find any info on it. Though documentation on windower stuff can be sparse.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-19 16:35:24
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if you're talking about recast or status timers, but there should be a text file in the plugins folder called StatusData.txt.

It has an explanation of how to add alternate durations for different status effects.

If you're talking about recast/duration timers, the only way I know of is to edit the resource file and change the static duration of the buff, but that won't account for the actual buff duration, only a value you manually entered.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-09-19 16:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I thought there was a way but I can't seem to find any info on it. Though documentation on windower stuff can be sparse.
I thought I saw it at one point too.. but with the forum restructure, it seems to have been buried. Hence, why I'm asking the community.

Odin.Jassik said: »
I don't know if you're talking about recast or status timers, but there should be a text file in the plugins folder called StatusData.txt.

It has an explanation of how to add alternate durations for different status effects.

If you're talking about recast/duration timers, the only way I know of is to edit the resource file and change the static duration of the buff, but that won't account for the actual buff duration, only a value you manually entered.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, though.

Yes, I'm talking about Recast Timers (was yarnball and recast, is now just called Timers). I know the statusdata.txt you are talking about, but that only affects the status timers shown up top by signet ionis, protect and haste and such.

I've tried editing the resource file, but it doesn't change the time displayed at all. I've set it as high as 900 (triple the default), and the time stays the same.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-09-20 18:28:46
Link | Citer | R

Bump for the edits. Still seeking info.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-09-20 19:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Works when I edit the plugins/resources/status.xml. Did you make sure to reload Timers after editing the file?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2013-09-20 19:22:52
Link | Citer | R

I did. I've even reloaded FFXI.

Maybe I'm editing the wrong value (cause I'm HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE like that at times). Any chance you can share your file or maybe show an example of what you edited?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-20 19:32:48
Link | Citer | R

The only thing I can think of is that you're editting the resource file in Windower 3 and not windower 4. That is where most of the plugins get their values so that they don't have to be updated if SE changes a spell.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-09-20 20:08:01
Link | Citer | R

I happened to be on THF and couldn't change at the time I read this, so I tried changing THF timers and it worked for all of them. Reloading plugins has a nasty habit of crashing the game, so eventually it caught up to me before I went to change to COR.

But since you're still having the issue, I logged back on to check on rolls, and I have two issues. First, I get a mysterious timer with just the letter "b" counting down from 45-60 seconds, in addition to the roll. I am not sure what in the world this is. I don't get it from using any other types of abilities on THF or COR.

Second, no matter what I edit the time to be, it is 5 minutes (no gants). Since you're getting another 14 (probably actually 15) seconds, I'm assuming you're wearing Navarch's Gants+1, and I'm guessing that Timers has set aside COR rolls somewhere else in the code itself to calculate the time; but it is flawed because they have both hardcoded the default time and not taken merits into account. It's possible the 'b' timer is an unfinished part of this and it is failing to add to the roll timer.

You'll have to file a bug report to Windower, but not sure how quickly you'll get a response.

Personally, I use a plugin called Slacker, which you install separately from Windower and add to load in your init file. I prefer it because it's dynamically accurate for both rolls and songs, and can display externally. Unfortunately, I downloaded this years ago and can't find it again, but maybe someone else can chime in with an address for you.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-09-20 22:11:44
Link | Citer | R

Can still find Slacker in the "Third Party Approved App" of the old Windower Forums.
It was made by my LSmate "Leolai".

Ultimately he made the code completely open source but nobody took his project so it's very outdated now.
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2013-09-20 23:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
I happened to be on THF and couldn't change at the time I read this, so I tried changing THF timers and it worked for all of them. Reloading plugins has a nasty habit of crashing the game, so eventually it caught up to me before I went to change to COR.

But since you're still having the issue, I logged back on to check on rolls, and I have two issues. First, I get a mysterious timer with just the letter "b" counting down from 45-60 seconds, in addition to the roll. I am not sure what in the world this is. I don't get it from using any other types of abilities on THF or COR.

Second, no matter what I edit the time to be, it is 5 minutes (no gants). Since you're getting another 14 (probably actually 15) seconds, I'm assuming you're wearing Navarch's Gants+1, and I'm guessing that Timers has set aside COR rolls somewhere else in the code itself to calculate the time; but it is flawed because they have both hardcoded the default time and not taken merits into account. It's possible the 'b' timer is an unfinished part of this and it is failing to add to the roll timer.

You'll have to file a bug report to Windower, but not sure how quickly you'll get a response.

Personally, I use a plugin called Slacker, which you install separately from Windower and add to load in your init file. I prefer it because it's dynamically accurate for both rolls and songs, and can display externally. Unfortunately, I downloaded this years ago and can't find it again, but maybe someone else can chime in with an address for you.

the "b" is double-up timer

and i've changed the Status.xml to show time remaining for "status timers" plugin, but not for Timers, its annoying when doin 4 rolls you cant see the reamining time left on previous rolls..