Max Characters That Can Be Input Into Chat?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Max characters that can be input into chat?
Max characters that can be input into chat?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-29 09:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know the max number of characters that be entered into chat window? Using standard chat commands....
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-08-29 11:22:01
Link | Citer | R

I'm at work, but I think I have a method that may help you if you're on FFXI right now:

* Choose two characters on your keyboard; I recommend the R and U keys, for personal reasons, but any keys pair is fine. Performance is based on what job you're currently on anyway.
* Alternate between pressing your two keys, counting each time you press a key (note: this requires the counting ability).
* When the chat bar stops adding the letters that you are typing, whatever number you counted up to should be the max number of characters that can be entered into a chat window.
* You may want to repeat the process before posting your results; many formulas in FFXI require a large sample size to correctly calculate mechanics (although this mostly applies to things with percentages, such as drop rates, double/triple attack rates, proc rates on certain weapons, etc).
* And of course, share your results! It's a community!

Good luck with your research.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-08-29 11:39:31
Link | Citer | R

I'm fairly sure the /shout or /linkshell counts toward the max, so if you are trying to squeeze in every char you can use /l or /sh.

I think if you set your chat type to a certain type such as /yell you can utilize the full amount without any prefixes but I rarely care if I get everything in one go and just type a second chat at that point so it's hard to recall.

I want to say it's around ~130ish characters total including spaces.