UI Scaling Troubles

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » UI scaling troubles
UI scaling troubles
By Slaanesh 2013-08-15 01:24:53
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to only scale ffxi's ui without scaling all the windower elements?
changing the ui scale to anything above 1 causes all the text from the plugins, add-ons and windower console to become blurry, is there a workaround ?
 Fenrir.Divinian
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2013-08-15 16:22:56
Link | Citer | R

I have the same exact question. I want to have my plugin overlays at a lower scale than my ffxi text. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance.
By anderxero 2013-08-20 06:19:49
Link | Citer | R

I too am seeking a solution to this.

I run the "Overlay" resolution at 1920x1080, "Background" at 1920x1080, and "Menu" at 1280x720, but doing so makes the window elements appear based on the 1280x720 resolution (huge pixelated text that becomes even more pixelated at smaller text sizes, Attainment encroaches on the text input bar of the chat box and the Timers bars take up a rather large part of the screen (same issue with other plugin text).

Is there a way to adjust the resolution of the windower elements?
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2013-08-20 06:31:10
Link | Citer | R

No. There isn't. Whenever you adjust the UI Overlay to be anything other then the "------" (default), Windower elements will no longer fit properly. Some of the plugins you can manually adjust it's position in the windower folder > plug ins > config files*. Other then that it always best to keep the UI at default. Used windower a very long time and it's always been this way as far as I know.
By anderxero 2013-08-20 06:46:50
Link | Citer | R

The old one (3.xx) doesn't scale with the menu resolution (because for the longest time, the menu resolution wasn't adjustable), it scales with the "Overlay." If this were still the case, it wouldn't be a problem.

Being able to adjust windower's resolution separately from any FFXI resolutions is certainly something that would be nice if it could be implemented in the future (which I would post in the actual windower forums, but between their registration and my email, I can't get the needed activation key)

As a side note/question: Anyone have the most recent 3.xx Autoexec plugin? The one from 4.0 won't work and since they redid the forums and got rid of all of the 3.xx bits on the windower website, I can't find it.
Scratch that, found a series of links that I used to download the old autoexec.