Updated Fishing Guide.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Updated fishing guide.
Updated fishing guide.
 Phoenix.Meektaru
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Meekriot
By Phoenix.Meektaru 2013-08-03 17:05:11
Link | Citer | R

Hi all.

Recently returned to the game after a 4 year or so hiatus. I just finished the Lu Shang quest and now I'm trying to skillup (want to start working on Ebisu as soon as I can).

I'm looking for an updated fishing guide. Kida's is great but outdated. I know there are some great fishing areas in Nashmau, but I'm not sure where to skill up from here on out.

Current rod: Lu Shang
Fishing skill: 28

Any updated guides/tips/suggestions?

Thanks!

PS - profit is not a big concern for me. I have a 99THF that I primarily farm with when money is low. So I'm not looking for a skill up/for profit guide. Strictly a skillup as fast as possible guide lol
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2013-08-03 17:24:39
Link | Citer | R

Just stick with nashmau until you hit 90+ or so on the ahtapots, then hit qufim for black sole until 96, and then from there just work on your Ebisu and get Hakuryu until 110.

Incidentally, Cave Cherax cap at 104 if you are going to try to fish your own Ebisu with the bait you get from gutting those. (IIRC they give you Dwarf Pugils to go after Lik with.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2013-08-03 17:41:11
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to add, as great as nashmau is for skill ups, that I recommend going to buburimu and catch shall shells until lvl 53. They bite at such a high rate. I personally think it was faster than going to nashmau before capping on those, but nash is a good choice as well and dont have to worry about catching the occasional monster.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-03 18:16:24
Link | Citer | R

if you're one of those people that fish all day everyday, shall shells will also be 'too small to land with this rod' about 75% of the time with composite, resulting in a much larger daily cap(similar chance of skillup without counting against your 200)
[+]
 Phoenix.Meektaru
By Phoenix.Meektaru 2013-08-03 18:50:16
Link | Citer | R

I have Lu rod. I'm just looking to land skull ups. So bubu til 53 then nashmau?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-08-03 18:54:57
Link | Citer | R

Gigant squid are actually kinda *** awesome for gil and skillups last I checked, form 28 to 80's.

After that, Dil to 90-whatever

Then you kind of just do w/e.
 Asura.Kohanu
Serveur: Asura
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2013-08-03 19:30:04
Link | Citer | R

If you just want skill ups, Lu's isn't the way to do it. Catching things too small for your rod can get you more skillups per day than simply catching the 200 fish can.
 Phoenix.Meektaru
By Phoenix.Meektaru 2013-08-03 20:14:37
Link | Citer | R

Oh I see. I didn't know you could skill up on those. I will give that a try. Thanks
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [623 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Striker
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-04-19 03:23:19
Link | Citer | R

Anyone got a guide that works? I ask, because I just spent 2 hours fishing what 2 different guides said to fish and didn't see a .1 skillup.
By gargurty 2015-04-19 04:41:32
Link | Citer | R

thats normal. Fishing gains sux. Sometimes not gainging for an entire day or 2, sometimes more lol
 Bahamut.Striker
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2015-04-19 04:45:46
Link | Citer | R

I guess that explains why my fishing skill is 11 after 11 years
By myaihze 2015-04-26 20:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Im not sure exactly how to phrase this but, try fishing up fish at a level as high as you can possibly reel in, it seemed to me that i gained more skill ups that way. if your level 11 try in the 20s, 10+ levels seemed to work really well for me.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [70 days between previous and next post]
By fillerbunny9 2015-07-05 16:29:13
Link | Citer | R

/sigh for the necro, but in Nashmau, you can actually target Pterygotus pretty easily with Lugworms. if you pay for the ferry and just fish on that side, you can sell them to the NPC behind you for ~780 per fish, so no long runs to the rats to empty your bag. the skill cap is 99, and you will not get smaller Mercanbaligi which is great if you are working on the RoE to +1 your shangs as well.