MNK/RUN In Delve?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » MNK/RUN in Delve?
MNK/RUN in Delve?
 Shiva.Kastiel
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: 32h2h
By Shiva.Kastiel 2013-07-18 11:18:51
Link | Citer | R

Hello, I've noticed quite a few of the Japanese players are subbing Runefencer on MNK in delve atm, has anyone tried this extensively, was just looking for some feedback on the pros and cons, and where this combo would excell, thankyou.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-07-18 11:21:06
Link | Citer | R

Its used for taking down the Delve Bosses shields.

Shark you can use 2 MNK/RUNs with Thunder to take down his shield. (can't stun him with shield up)

Tojil's shield can be taken down with elemental damage as well but its much less documented.

Wind > Fire > ???Thunder > Water
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Boomslang
Serveur: Fenrir
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-09-09 11:33:34
Link | Citer | R

I dont know the specifics because I was on BRD at the time but when we did Tojil, we had 2 mnk/run w/ thunder melt away Kurma. Was super effective.
 Asura.Melbufrauma
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2013-09-09 12:51:02
Link | Citer | R

/RUN is only recommended for Dakuwaqa. Tojil and Muyingwa MNKs should be /WAR.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-09 13:38:44
Link | Citer | R

I clear in about the same time with mnk/run vs mnk/war on tojil, I actually prefer having the aura off since it gives us a little room if for some reason our stunner lagged. It's also different and makes it slightly more entertaining!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-09 13:44:44
Link | Citer | R

shouldn't really die to lahar unless your dd are tarus, and losing sv to [dispel move] is probably worse than 30-45 seconds of weakness hurting dps

not that it really matters, both work
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-11 17:58:09
Link | Citer | R

I'm often rolling with mediocre people in pickup runs who may know how to gear for DPS but many will completely lack proper DT/weak sets, and dualboxed healers who won't react quickly enough. Just adds a little more room for error.
By Yandaime 2013-09-18 07:41:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
I clear in about the same time with mnk/run vs mnk/war on tojil, I actually prefer having the aura off since it gives us a little room if for some reason our stunner lagged. It's also different and makes it slightly more entertaining!

Meh... my LS tried RUN sub vs Tojil once and we didnt like it. Tojil seems to be highly resistant to Rune-Damage cuz we were doing around 5ish Damage per hit iirc which even with 4-6 MNKs wasnt enough to break Aura lol. We literally broke Aura once at the start due to hundred fists and then Tojil's HP was dropping too fast for us to drop Aura again lol. Normally get 35~ on Daku but its looking like you will need to have the GEO(s) Nuke if you want Aura to drop, 5ish Damage per hit isnt gonna cut it. Run sub is pretty nice for Elemental resist tho. I do like the idea of throwing up Water Runes + Vallation + Pflug so that I can fight through Tojil's spikes care free lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [225 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Keme
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2014-05-01 09:27:15
Link | Citer | R

I tried /war and /run, and it's really easy to break aura if 2 mnks toss lunge (with the correct element)

With /war, you're suppose to do more dps, but you have attack down aura the whole fight.

With /run, you're suppose to do less dps, but you can break the aura really easily. Which makes you safe from lahar for the first 50%, and you havent any attack down status. So this make your dps equivalent to /war, but with a safer fight. (Nb : spells and moves used by tojil do less damage to /run than /war)

Both works well.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-01 09:28:22
Link | Citer | R

We have a necrophiliac here.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-05-09 18:24:16
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
We have a necrophiliac here.

Yes, but why out yourself in this forum? (yeah I get the joke 6/10)
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-05-09 18:39:07
Link | Citer | R

i usually bring a rune fencer on 12~18 man runs or come rune myself. most dd jobs can just use /run on lowman runs for w/e zone and works out fine w/ auras
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-05-09 18:45:42
Link | Citer | R

I don't always post...but when I do it's a thread months old, and still some how fool other people into contributing to it?

*bump*
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2244 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-06-30 06:50:39
Link | Citer | R

just finished well over 3m beads in 1 day with mnk/war and geo/rdm granted it was during campaign but still. This was a mix of all 6 zones and nothing even bothered me so I would say /run is completely unnecessary.

amg necro sorry
By Pantafernando 2020-06-30 06:57:40
Link | Citer | R

At that time, it was the standard to break auras though
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-30 08:35:34
Link | Citer | R

Jeez, all these necrobumps.

And nobody is coming anywhere close to the record set by me.