Shinryu Stagger?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Shinryu Stagger?
Shinryu Stagger?
By tiresias 2013-07-16 15:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Haven't seen anything posted about this in a while so I'm sorry if this topic is already about.

Last night two friends of mine and I went to Stagger Blue!! and brew Shinryu last night. Turned out to be Staff weapon skills which I have them all. Everything was going fine until I finished a solid 6 rotation sets. My two friends and I will swear up and down that all rotations were clean. Mighty Guard was NOT up, he took regular damage during the WS, and he was neither casting, moving or doing a melee attack. I try to spend more time waiting for an open shot than anything.

I'm not sure but it REALLY feels like it's glitched or I apparently forgot how to stagger Shinryu. I find this odd considering before the recent update I staggered him 4 times.

Anyone else have a 0 stagger issue on this guy or have any advice? GM's are being... well, GM's aka useless peons.
 Ragnarok.Alahra
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-07-16 15:26:07
Link | Citer | R

A friend of mine did Shinryu just yesterday and didn't have any trouble proc'ing as far as I know.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By tiresias 2013-07-16 15:29:27
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't know what the Stagger weapon type was by chance do you? At this point I'm trying to build a consensus as to what the he** I did wrong.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
Serveur: Fenrir
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-07-16 15:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Delay/Lag/Latency. The timing is sometimes really weird. I usually have to start my WS at the end of his swipe animation so that the effect gets applied 'clean.' If you're starting when he's sitting there idle you may be too late. I've had runs where he's just been a total see you next tuesday and after swearing up and down my rotation was clean and randomly I get the proc.
 Ragnarok.Alahra
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-07-16 15:33:37
Link | Citer | R

tiresias said: »
Wouldn't know what the Stagger weapon type was by chance do you? At this point I'm trying to build a consensus as to what the he** I did wrong.

Not sure, they just mentioned it off-hand. I know they did a ton of runs, though, and never mentioned anything seeming off.
By tiresias 2013-07-16 15:35:05
Link | Citer | R

I have a bit of crour saved up so we'll try it again later tonight. While on that note, will paralyzing Shinryu hurt the stagger process? Not sure but one of my friends dual boxed a RDM and Paralyze II stuck like crazy.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-07-16 15:48:01
Link | Citer | R

Just stun. Just bad luck.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [861 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-11-24 18:54:25
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to necro, but I figured it is better than making a new thread.

I am spamming shinryu for a twilight cloak for a mule and am having a terrible time hitting blue !!. I haven't hit it once and have been trying off and on for a few days. I know the that his melee hits count as TP moves, so I always time my WS's until he WS's/casts and then gets in one more melee hit. I generally count to 1 (tried 2 as well) then WS. I am getting them in in a timely fashion and not causing him to regen during open-wing phase. Still can't get it.

Anyone have a tip that helped them when they were trying for blue !! on shin? I've got plenty of experience with him, but this particular run on him has me super frustrated.

Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestions.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-11-24 19:04:42
Link | Citer | R

Hit the button to WS towards the end of his melee hit. When he's half a second from returning to his idle position, you can proc then.
 Fenrir.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-11-24 22:07:58
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Hit the button to WS towards the end of his melee hit. When he's half a second from returning to his idle position, you can proc then.
Thanks! I'll give it a shot.