Windower 4 Not Working On Windows 8 64bit

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Windower 4 not working on Windows 8 64bit
Windower 4 not working on Windows 8 64bit
First Page 2
By Tajinjr 2013-07-14 21:46:38
Link | Citer | R

Usually I am really good with computers but this past weekend i got a new laptop and wanted to put the game on it. I am having some trouble now.

I installed ffxi with all the expansions and i am able to go online and play. I d/l windower4 and it runs pol and goes into ffxi but i noticed some of my plugins are not working at all even though it says it has loaded them and i have them added through the plugin bar on windower4 start screen.

For example: Timestamp, Tpparty, and some others are not working right.

Now on my PC i notice when i play ffxi with windower4 it shows my characters name at the left hand corner of the window bar. On my laptop it doesn't do that it just shows "Final Fantasy XI" like its not picking up my character.

I don't know what to think or do i have pretty much tried everything and need some help. I have been running windower4 in Admin when starting and i have the security notifications at the lowest settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By Tajinjr 2013-07-15 07:32:09
Link | Citer | R

No one has an answer for this? or Any help?? I'm to the point where i am wanting to go back to the store and make them install windows 7 on the laptop.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-15 07:40:11
Link | Citer | R

I installed FFXI with W4 on 64bit Windows8 just yesterday, and after I turned off UAC everything has been working perfectly.
By Tajinjr 2013-07-15 07:54:18
Link | Citer | R

See i downloaded the game off SE website yesterday and after that installed windower4 off there website. I too turned off UAC and it works but some of the plugins will not work at all. I have a desktop computer that runs ffxi on windows7 64 bit and i have no problems at all with plugins/addons.

I am installing windower 4 in C:/programs x86 did you do the same?

Brand new Windower 4 downloaded.
All compatability boxes unchecked.\

I keep reading about disable Secure Boot should i try this?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-15 08:26:23
Link | Citer | R

I installed it to E:/Windower4, trying to keep most stuff off my C drive, but I really doubt that makes a difference =/
By Tajinjr 2013-07-15 08:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Yeah i don't think that would make to much of a difference either >.< I am just stuck at this point. Makes me want to go back to best buy and tell them to put windows 7 ult. on it... I posted in windower4 support forms on there site too and haven't heard anything yet.
By Tajinjr 2013-07-15 11:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Called geek squad see if they could fix my problem. i know it has something to do with Windows 8
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2013-07-15 11:20:51
Link | Citer | R

I have a MSI laptop with windows 8. I had to go into the Bios and shut off the secure boot in the bios to get windower 4 to run.
[+]
By Tajinjr 2013-07-15 11:36:38
Link | Citer | R

I will try this as well Thanks!
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2013-07-16 09:41:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Harkonnen said: »
I have a MSI laptop with windows 8. I had to go into the Bios and shut off the secure boot in the bios to get windower 4 to run.

I want to add this fixed my problem! All the plugs in work now! Thanks a ton!!!
 Bismarck.Kenpu
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Kenpu
By Bismarck.Kenpu 2013-08-06 21:24:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm having a similar problem. I have windows 8. When I open windower 4, all plugins and addons used to be working. But now, some don't. I am no computer expert so where do I shut off the secure boot in the bios? A step by step instruction would be great! ^.^
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2013-08-06 21:35:16
Link | Citer | R

I bought a new laptop with Windows 8 recently as well. I downloaded and installed every expansion and whatnot from a friend who bought the package online with a direct installer, and had no issues at all. It went right into my /x86 folder, every so often POL will freeze when my plugins load from Windower 4, but other than that, it runs smoother on my laptop than it does on my desktop.

I didn't have to go into the BIOS or anything of that nature, are you running FFXI as an administrator? I've heard that gives people issues. I've heard horror stories about running FFXI on Windows 8, but installing it myself from a clean Windows 8 laptop, I don't know where these issues arise from.
 Bismarck.Kenpu
user: Kenpu
By Bismarck.Kenpu 2013-08-07 11:59:11
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I watch it in youtube of how to turn off secure boot for windows 8.. windower 4 is perfectly fine now.. I wasn't running it as an administrator.. I don't know what happened.
By Eraofnoobs 2013-08-11 19:07:35
Link | Citer | R

I downloaded W4 on a Windows 8 laptop also, all my plugins work but it isn't windowed, any idea on how to fix this?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-08-11 19:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Eraofnoobs said: »
I downloaded W4 on a Windows 8 laptop also, all my plugins work but it isn't windowed, any idea on how to fix this?
Have you made sure the settings on the profile have it set to "windowed" and not "Full Screen?"
By Eraofnoobs 2013-08-11 19:43:47
Link | Citer | R

how do I check?
By Eraofnoobs 2013-08-11 19:44:39
Link | Citer | R

oh, yeah..its on borderless window
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-08-11 20:50:31
Link | Citer | R

Eraofnoobs said: »
oh, yeah..its on borderless window
Then it appears you've found your problem~
By Eraofnoobs 2013-08-11 20:52:51
Link | Citer | R

tried it on bordered window also, same problem
By Balias 2013-08-19 16:13:56
Link | Citer | R

Windower 4 was working for me on Windows 8, but after today's update, my system locks up forcing a reboot if I try to load the game via Windower 4.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2013-09-20 20:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Aso having this problem.
Old pc with windows 7 worked fine but this windows 8 dont.
I can log everything, the game run normal, the red text appear in left side of window and all, but any add on or plugin work. I just have batlemod and distance instaled and nothing.
Also i try to insert command using //bm colortest (example) and the game just dont recognize any command.
Also im running as administrator and config is set to "window" in window mode.
Will try this bios trick now. But i apreciate any info about that.
Thanks.
By Pantafernando 2013-09-20 22:32:40
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Aso having this problem.
Old pc with windows 7 worked fine but this windows 8 dont.
I can log everything, the game run normal, the red text appear in left side of window and all, but any add on or plugin work. I just have batlemod and distance instaled and nothing.
Also i try to insert command using //bm colortest (example) and the game just dont recognize any command.
Also im running as administrator and config is set to "window" in window mode.
Will try this bios trick now. But i apreciate any info about that.
Thanks.

The bios trick solved this issue.
Problem solved (aparently).
By Jetackuu 2013-09-21 10:32:26
Link | Citer | R

what bios trick?
 Leviathan.Behemothx
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-09-21 11:13:09
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
what bios trick?
Disabling secure boot.
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-09-21 12:30:50
Link | Citer | R

Also, make sure you 'Right Click' and Select "Run as Administrator" on the Shortcut.

I have to actually do that, "Running as Admin" in the properties of the shortcut doesn't work. Well, at least for me anyways.
By Jetackuu 2013-09-21 13:09:04
Link | Citer | R

makes no sense, no part of xi or windower runs on startup, it shouldn't affect it at all.

then again, I don't use 8, I prefer to stay sane.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-09-21 14:24:46
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Harkonnen said: »

Some versions of Windows 8 (laptops especially) can not have the secure boot feature turned off, just a heads up, meaning this will not work on certain versions / combinations of Windows 8 and PC's.

Only way t fix, Buy windows 7.
 Ragnarok.Eropiro
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Eropiro
By Ragnarok.Eropiro 2013-09-21 14:45:36
Link | Citer | R

makes no sense, no part of xi or windower runs on startup, it shouldn't affect it at all.

I have no clue why it works, but it does. I disabled secure boot on my HP Win8 Laptop and everything on Windower4 started working. It just works!
 Leviathan.Behemothx
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2013-09-22 13:37:23
Link | Citer | R

Safe boot is not just for boot, it prevents unsigned drivers, also processes from hooking (windower).

UEFI Secure Boot
By Jetackuu 2013-09-22 14:21:19
Link | Citer | R

ah the last thing I read of that did not mention anything past the booting process, then that makes sense.

silly M$.
First Page 2