Forum » Windower » Support » Windower 4 will not launch FFXI past POL
Windower 4 will not launch FFXI past POL
 Sylph.Yviee
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Yvelle
By Sylph.Yviee 2013-07-02 19:11:14
Link | Citer | R

I am having a problem with a new computer, Windows 8, I just purchased this weekend, windower 4 and FFXI. I redownloaded the game and windower and now I cannot connect to FFXI using windower. It makes it to the connecting to FFXI screen through POL but when it goes to load the game at the "Accept" user agreement screen it goes directly to a full screen that is completely white. From there I cannot do anything and must terminate the instance.

I have check everything, checked the graphics drivers, run with no apps or plug-ins loaded, redownloaded both windower and FFXI multiple times, I am running as admin. The UAC is on the lowest setting/off. I have searched many forums and tried all of their suggestions but nothing is working.
The game will run without windower fine.

Any ideas as to what is going on between POL and FFXI when I am using windower that would cause it to go to the white screen. At this point I am left with no ideas of anything else to check or change.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Boleslaus
Serveur: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-07-02 19:43:57
Link | Citer | R

you right click on windower and select run as admin?
 Sylph.Yviee
By Sylph.Yviee 2013-07-02 19:48:13
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the reply!
It is set on windowed mode. Is there anything that needs to be changed with direct x? I have Direct x 11
 Sylph.Yviee
By Sylph.Yviee 2013-07-02 19:50:45
Link | Citer | R

Yes, I am running in admin. I stated that in the first post.

I have another computer that I bought in November and everything works on it and it's basically identical, so I am confused as to what the difference is. I have done everything the same on both PC. I have even copied the files from my November PC to the New PC and that did not work either.
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2013-07-02 19:52:44
Link | Citer | R

Go into your bios and disable secure boot, that is what I had to do to my MSI GT70 to get it to work
 Sylph.Yviee
By Sylph.Yviee 2013-07-02 20:19:34
Link | Citer | R

How do you disable it on windows 8? I found secure boot but there isn't a way to disable it.
By Xnite 2013-07-13 09:59:14
Link | Citer | R

Im having almost the same problem as Yviee but at the accept screen the game freezes and stays that way. i tried all 3 window settings. but if i try w/o windower and just POL it works. any clues?