Pulling TEs On THF

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Pulling TEs on THF
Pulling TEs on THF
By Sykotik7S 2013-07-01 08:39:06
Link | Citer | R

Good morning, everyone

First off, I'd like to apologize in advanced if this advice has been given in another thread. I google'd using the best search key words I can use, and a thread did come up for pulling TEs in dynamis but it advice for a BST. So, on to my dilemma. I'm looking to build a relic (obviously) and I've read on my threads and such that THF/DNC is the way to go not only for the TH but the ability to proc as well. So I shelved my DNC, brought my THF back out just for dynamis. My problem is: I can't seem to pull any of the TEs in a particular zone without linking with a bunch of other mobs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-07-01 08:57:44
Link | Citer | R

Sykotik7S said: »
Good morning, everyone

First off, I'd like to apologize in advanced if this advice has been given in another thread. I google'd using the best search key words I can use, and a thread did come up for pulling TEs in dynamis but it advice for a BST. So, on to my dilemma. I'm looking to build a relic (obviously) and I've read on my threads and such that THF/DNC is the way to go not only for the TH but the ability to proc as well. So I shelved my DNC, brought my THF back out just for dynamis. My problem is: I can't seem to pull any of the TEs in a particular zone without linking with a bunch of other mobs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you haven't already read the THF guide I'd start there.

Dreamworld Dynamis is the ideal place, because of spacing. Most of the city zones are clustered, and anyone will have a hard time managing links and aggro.

Hide is a very underated ability. The guide talks about this too, but often you can ditch links with this ability (not always but many times). So if you get more than you can handle, run and hide.

Reraise - Always have it up.

If you don't have access to dreamworld Dynamis, your pretty much limited to Beacedine and Xarcabard, of which I find Xarc easier. But to get the most coins your better off in dreamworlds like Qufim/Burb/Valk.

As THF/DNC your worst enemy will be mage mobs. You just need to have patience, and know your mobs a bit. You could also pull beastman mobs by themself to clear the way.

I'd also suggest, if you can, to grab Field of Valor buffs prior to entering. Never hurts.

I'm no dyna-pro, but I manage without too much trouble.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2013-07-01 09:31:02
Link | Citer | R

Make sure when you want to use hide that you're not trying to hide from Orcs/Quads and make sure there are no pets aggroed to you like avatars and beast pets.

I usually try to save tp on easier TE's like goblin, or yag, since I can hide from them if I aggro and just wait behind the orc/quad statue until they're clear from aggro and SA+Rudras(insert whatever WS if you don't have) them and they should be dead.

Always be sure to pick up reraise from a fields/grounds of valor book, it lasts two hours! Also an instant reraise/hairpin just to be safe. Oh, and getting protect/shell from the book is like getting ProtectV and ShellV, it definitely could save you!

Happy hunting, sorry if this is all sloppy and incoherent, just woke up!
By Pantafernando 2013-07-01 09:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Sucks you have to wait till all mobs go away. Seems impossible, but happen of the te suddenly go to wall far from any mob.
You should know but remeber orcs and yagudos link by sight. So you dont really need to wait them go away. If they just turn back, its a good time to pull or even to kill there if you have your tp100, bully, sa+assassins charge ready. Otherwise look for a clear way and use your x bow. Remember your best friend are your acid bolts. They drop def by ~10%, that could mean 500 dmg plus per ws. Sleep bolts also come in handy in case of few links. Large links, the tip above: flee+hide. Or at least die in a safe place to not to ruin entirely your run.
Quadavs are sound agroing so its harder to pull.
Just study a little about beastman behavior. I think they have some pattern like: movement-> short waiting -> movement -> a little bigger waiting. Look for the high window waiting time to pull. Happened a lot of time i rushed in short interval waiting and the damn mob turn just when i drop inv.
But thats for dreamland dynamis. Cities sucks. I dont see how to pull the te aside killing one by one mob to create a way. Often i just bring my mule or someone and do a sac pull.
 Sylph.Krsone
Serveur: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-07-01 09:43:40
Link | Citer | R

Hide works on quadav.

Darktrance and Crystalchan covered most points. Only other thing I can think to add is that you can always loiter around the trail markings and wait for a group or a bst to enter and team up with them.

My second point is that its a good idea to consider what game time you are entering. I perfer to enter dynamis 5:30, 13:30 or 21:30 finishing te as it hits 8, 16 or 24 and usually exiting close to this time too. Just means you arent at a nightmare camp for 2-3 mins before moving at the start or the end.

Also helps sometimes to hang around the entrance before your entry time to make sure theres a gap between you and anyone else inside just finishing up te's.
 Fenrir.Sigfreid
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Sigfreid
By Fenrir.Sigfreid 2013-07-01 09:46:25
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
If you don't have access to dreamworld Dynamis, your pretty much limited to Beacedine and Xarcabard, of which I find Xarc easier. But to get the most coins your better off in dreamworlds like Qufim/Burb/Valk.

As THF/DNC your worst enemy will be mage mobs.
The Ranged mobs (NIN and RNG) in Xarcabard can also suck as a THF/DNC as their ranged attacks will hit you every time.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2013-07-01 09:56:25
Link | Citer | R

The greatest problem about ranged attacks in dynamis is that they stand some secs just waiting more and more links before going after you.
Pull one and run as far as you can to force him to get out of the camp.
And be worried more with its 1 hours as they can one shoot you.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-07-01 10:20:27
Link | Citer | R

When I saw the name of this thread, I nostalgia'ed hard. Thank you for that.
By Sykotik7S 2013-07-01 10:30:12
Link | Citer | R

@Ashman You're welcome! I'm glad you posted- I've been reading the forums a lot and I appreciate a lot of your input in the various DRK threads I've read. Thank you every of the input/advice. I'll be implementing these tonight. Have a good day! ^-^