Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Keep or toss
Keep or toss
 Bahamut.Devlon
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: xDevlon
By Bahamut.Devlon 2013-06-22 15:21:48
Link | Citer | R

I have a whole bunch of Magian weapons collecting dust and taking up precious inventory space. Dex/agi daggers, katanas etc.

Any info if they will be useful again or can I just toss them?

Thanks
 Fenrir.Caladbolg
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Caladbolg 2013-06-22 15:28:45
Link | Citer | R

I've tossed a bunch already, I only kept 1 AGI/Eva katana. There's no way to know for sure what they're gonna do, but, if they do upgrade them eventually, you can always make another one. They're not too bad to make. I would however say to hold on to any fire-path ones cause they can be annoying to re-make.
 Bahamut.Devlon
By Bahamut.Devlon 2013-06-22 15:35:04
Link | Citer | R

Yeah that's what I was afraid of, having to remake them. I'm lazy in a sense when it comes to things like that.

Have any ideas on TP Bonus great katana?
 Lakshmi.Zyaan
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: loluded
By Lakshmi.Zyaan 2013-06-22 15:42:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure that TP bonus GKT is still useful until you get devle gkt. I don't know but I could be wrong.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-22 16:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Devlon said: »
Yeah that's what I was afraid of, having to remake them. I'm lazy in a sense when it comes to things like that. Have any ideas on TP Bonus great katana?

I tossed an unfishined Kannagi and a couple lvl90 Agi daggers a while back and am kinda kicking myself now. There are plenty of things you can send to a mule or toss before trial weapons. Most of the elemental path weapons are still quite useful for their augments, the base damage being decent was mostly a bonus.
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2013-06-22 16:53:35
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure the SE devs will follow this topic and if you toss them they will update magian weapons. Personally I'd keep em if you could spare the space.
 Asura.Aikchan
Serveur: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-06-22 17:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Yeah that's what I was afraid of, having to remake them. I'm lazy in a sense when it comes to things like that. Have any ideas on TP Bonus great katana?

I tossed an unfishined Kannagi and a couple lvl90 Agi daggers a while back and am kinda kicking myself now. There are plenty of things you can send to a mule or toss before trial weapons. Most of the elemental path weapons are still quite useful for their augments, the base damage being decent was mostly a bonus.

"Unfinished Kannagi" that could be a WoE Weapon? lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-22 17:47:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aikchan said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
"Unfinished Kannagi" that could be a WoE Weapon? lol

That wasn't really a viable option at the time, was before the coin updates and the talk about releasing the WS for other weapons. At the time when I dropped it, I almost never played NIN anymore.
 Bahamut.Devlon
By Bahamut.Devlon 2013-06-24 15:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for all the input. I'm a little heavy into delve content and those weapons with the augments are pretty much what's replacing Magian. So I went ahead and tossed some anyhow.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-06-24 16:12:41
Link | Citer | R

Dex weapons: keep 1. If DW jobs become more viable, the ton of acc in offhand can be quite handy for upgrading your general gear/food builds.

Agi weapons: keep 1. They tend to be transitional weapons, and aren't too useful right now, but there's plenty of scenarios where a ton of evasion just makes life a lot easier.

Str weapons: the most likely to be completely replaced by newer weapons, and thus the most eligible for tossing, though it hurts to throw away all that effort.

DA/OAT/OAx: keep if you have a specific niche for it; otherwise toss.

TP Bonus: keep dagger (still a useful offhand); toss GK once you have a better one.

PDT: keep if you have specific niche uses (eg: pet PDT)

Additional effects: have potential uses, but are difficult to use well. you should know exactly what you want to use it for if you want to keep it.