First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-06-28 08:16:04
Link | Citer | R

Dammit, I need to get a 3DS now so I can catch up on the main storyline ><

Unless someone can link me to a site with very detailed plot summaries or whatnot?
 Odin.Boleslaus
Serveur: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-06-28 08:23:00
Link | Citer | R

yea cant wait the graphics looked pretty sweet
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-07 05:03:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Nomura likes the idea of incorporating Marvel and Lucas Arts into the Kingdom Hearts series. He noted that there are restrictions by Disney, so it may not be easy to add the licenses.
I hope not, Marvel would feel way out of place <.<
 Cerberus.Eugene
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-07-10 19:54:53
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-03 15:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Tetsuya Nomura: Porting Kingdom Hearts III to PS4 and Xbox One “Very Similar”, Introduces the Kingdom Shader
by Giuseppe NelvaJuly 02, 2013

Tetsuya Nomura doesn’t seem to have much of a preference between the two platforms that will host Kingdom Hearts III, as he expressed as part of an interview interview for the online spin-off of the Japanese magazine Famitsu.

When asked about using Luminous Studio with the game he talked about porting the game to PS4 and Xbox One, and shared an additional tidbit of trivia about the trailer we saw at E3:

We used Luminous as main engine for the game. We’re developing over-spec (Editor’s note: this is the term he actually uses in English), so porting to both the PS4 and Xbox One is very similar. In addition to this, in the battle part of the trailer there was an issue with the tool so we had to use pre-rendered video, but if you look at the parts where it is animated in real time there’s no big difference.

He also shared some very interesting information about a new shader the development team is using for the game and that will ensure a high degree of visual variety:

We’re using a visual tool called “Kingdom Shader”. In the original world characters will retain their original textures, but the shader is adjusted by world, so we’ll have an unique visual style in each of Disney’s worlds.

This is actually quite interesting, as the different worlds are one of the main features of the Kingdom Hearts series, and giving each of them a different visual feel will most probably add even more flavor to the game. Bring it on, Nomura-san, our bodies are ready!
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-03 15:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Nomura-san gets interviewed at Japan Expo
speaks about KH3 and FFXV
by Humad Ali ShahJuly 07, 2013

Tetsuya Nomura, the director of Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV showed up at the Japan Expo in France and was interviewed by Finaland and Final Fantasy Dream about his two upcoming games.

The complete interview is as follows:

Finaland & FFDream: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX includes Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, which was released exclusively in Japan. How then will the new cutscenes be localized for the Western version? Will it be dubbed in French?

Tetsuya Nomura :Unfortunately we didn’t have any opportunity to put the french voice over in this 1.5 version so it’s going to be french subtitles only.

Finaland & FFDream : How did you come to split the development team into two teams? How far are you involved in the development of Kingdom Hearts III?

TN : For this HD version of Kingdom Hearts 1.5, the main programmers never actually worked in the Kingdom Hearts series before and they did all the remastering, all the processing, all the actual work by themselves and for Kingdom Hearts III the other staff is doing all the testing, deciding which kind of elements we want to put in the game and everything.

So there’s one team doing HD 1.5 and another one doing KH3, that’s how we’ve been working for the last couple years.

Regarding my personal involvement in Kingdom Hearts III, I always have been heavily involved in this project compared to the other games i’m actually producing or directing.

The team creating Kingdom Hearts III is in the studios in Osaka, and as you guys know Osaka and Tokyo are a little bit far away from each other but we meet enough with meetings quite often and we’re doing telephone conferences too. So we communicate all the time as I am quite heavily involved on this project.

Finaland & FFDream : With the acquisition of Marvel and Lucas Arts by Disney, could you imagine adding some kind of stuff from these licenses in the game ?

TN : (laughs) Of course it would be great if we could add those licenses as well. But there are lots of rules and restrictions by disney so we can’t actually put everything people want, so it’s a quite difficult decision but we’re gonna prepare some surprises for you so, just wait for the informations.

Finaland & FFDream : Because you know that Kitase-san (Yoshinori Kitase) is a big fan of Star Wars ! So you have to do that !

TN : (laughs) We’re not going to decide it whether Kitase-san likes Star Wars or not but we’ve been talking about Star Wars itself since it became Disney’s content recently. When I eared the news I was like “Wow ! Wow !”. Yeah obviously it’s gonna be great if we could add it, but like I said there are a lot of restrictions and rules by Disney so we don’t know what’s gonna happen but yeah, we’ll see.

Finaland & FFDream : Can we expect a multiplayer cooperative mode with many playables characters in KHIII ?

TN : The Kingdom Hearts series always had Sora as the main character, so we want to make the most of Sora, playable Sora of course. But again, Kingdom Hearts III is going to be the last chapter of the Kingdom Hearts main numbering title series, so lots of fans actually want to play as their favorite characters in Kingdom Hearts III so we will consider that, we will listen to what fans wants but hopefully we could give you some surprises in the future announcements.

Finaland & FFDream : You watch a lot of movies, how does that inspire you ? Do you pick some ideas in the movies you watch ?

TN : I watch movies a lot, I mean A LOT (laughs), normally like two, three films a day, it’s my pace. I watch quite a lot so I don’t always remember the names or titles even. So I watch and then I get a bit of inspirations from films and stuff, I can’t name the actual titles of the movies that actually inspired me to create games but when I’m watching movies sometimes I feel like “ Oh ! That’s nice !” or “That’s good!”, something like that.

Finaland & FFDream : Nomura-san, your character outfits are more and more detailed. When we saw Cloud for the first time in 1997 and now Noctis in 2013, there’s a lot of greatness in them. Have you received some fashion lessons or do you just follow fashion ?

TN : Obviously I always think about the current kind of trend and fashion and everything when I create the characters but this time for XV and Noctis and all the main characters that have been revealed, this time we actually asked for a professional brand to create the characters outfits, we also have the actual clothes in the office so our CG team and all the teams can actually see the clothes with their own eyes to create exactly the same image in the game. And that’s really easier because previously when I created the characters, all the CG team and all of our entire development team always asked me “Is this leather? Is this coton? Is this nylon? How many percentage ? Dadadada” That’s a lot of detailed questions so it’s always difficult to precise what kind of texture are the clothes made off and stuff like that, so that’s why this time we had the actual clothes made and then we take it from there and put it in the game.

Finaland & FFDream : Nomura-san, you work on a lot of project like Final Fantasy XV, the Kingdom Hearts Saga, The World Ends With You. How do you manage all the projects you have at the same time?

TN : Actually I am not very good at managing myself, especially at managing lots of different projects, but because of my staff and all the staffs are very very intelligent, very good and very capable I’m able to run all the different projects at the same time. And also the most important are the Co-Directors in each project, again they are very capable and skilled people, they are the people actually managing the actual everyday job on the ground. That’s why I’m here, they are supporting me all the time.

Finaland & FFDream : You’ve created a lot of characters for the Final Fantasy series. What’s your favorite character between all those you’ve created ?

TN : Hmm if I had to choose a favorite character, I would say Sora, and Noctis. Why them? Of course Sora, I’ve been together with him for more than ten years now, this is the first time i’ve been with a character for such a long time, so he’s very very special for me and he’s been adopted by Disney also, so he’s a very very good boy. More like a good son actually.

Also there is Noctis, he hasn’t been in front of you, I mean moving etc yet in a real gameplay but he will soon, in the future.

Do you know the name Sora mean the “sky”, in japanese and Noctis, his family name is Caelum which mean sky as well so basically, Noctis mean “night sky”, so they are kind of complete opposites to each other. There is a reason why I named these characters as opposites. Noctis is kind of like my latest boy, or latest son and I expect him to be more clever than Cloud.

Finaland & FFDream : Okay, one question Tetsuya Nomura, very important for us, and for Hideo Kojima because Hideo Kojima said he’d love a remake of Final Fantasy VII, but what about you ? Would you like to play a Metal Gear Solid 1 Remake ?

TN : To play ?

Finaland & FFDream : Yes, to play.

TN : Of course I’d like, if he were going to do a MGS remake.

Finaland & FFDream : And what do you think about the differences of the Fox Engine and your own Luminous Engine ?

TN : I think the Fox Engine and Luminous Engine are totally different engines because they each got different kind of abilities and skills and stuff that we could use in a game. One engine can do certain things the other engine can’t for example. It depends on what you want to do, but I think they totally are two different kind of engines.

Finaland & FFDream : A Final Fantasy XV question, what should we expect in terms of vehicles ? Can we pilot airships and explore the world of Final Fantasy XV and discover its secrets ?

TN : We don’t have any big plans for having different type of vehicles and stuff like that. There’s one you saw in the recent trailer of course.

Well two things you probably could use, first, the car, the car is gonna be the vehicle you’ll use probably the most in the game. The other one, the magitek armor, you can actually control and ride the magitek armor as well, in a future reveal you’ll probably find more.

Finaland & FFDream : A motorbike ?

TN : (laughs) In Final Fantasy XV you play as a party, you’re always with your friends so five guys riding a motorbike together, I’m not sure if this would works.

Finaland & FFDream : In a gang ! Like Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo.

TN : (laugh), yeah maybe it doesn’t look very good in a game.

Finaland & FFDream : Why did you change Stella’s design and made her look so much younger. Is it because of story development or because you made a survey with the audience ?

TN : There is no specific reason behind hit, but we didn’t want to make her look younger, we just wanted to make her a little bit prettier. That’s all.

Finaland & FFDream : But in 2007 she was very nice ! She’s very nice and still pretty but she’s still a little younger.

TN : When I created Stella, back in 2007, I actually created something that is not my type of character, but obviously time has past since then, about six years now, and then she actually became something that I quite like now.

Finaland & FFDream : In the trailer we could briefly see Noctis with red eyes. Will the red eyes give him some sort of special power during the battles ?

TN : In the last promotion trailer, Noctis got red eyes because he got the ability of teleportation, so that’s why when he did that, his eyes got red. Actually Visual Works created the trailer back then in 2007.

When you actually play the game, you can’t really see and zoom in the face of the character anyway. And he moves very fast as well so… if the character’s face is actually seen in a zoomed-in on the screen, we probably could still make his eyes red but we haven’t decided whether we’re gonna need the red eyes or not.

Finaland & FFDream : The game looks very serious and fatalist. Have you planned to add some sort of fun moments or funny mini-games ?

TN : We are actually thinking to have some sort of fun elements in the game, but for the moment the priority is to create the main game itself. I will add or not add stuff like that depending on how the development of the main game goes , but yeah we are thinking about that.

Finaland & FFDream : About the artistic direction of the game. The appearance of the Kingdom of Lucis is much like the Shinjuku district in Tokyo and Accordo has the same feeling of Venice, in Italy. Can we hope to see some places inspired by the french regions perhaps ? Paris perhaps ?

TN : Well do you have any games actually based in Paris ?

Finaland & FFDream : Deling City from Final Fantasy VIII with the Arc de Triomphe.

TN : If we’ve used it before we might not want to use it in a new game (laughs). So i’m not sure about using Paris. In my opinion, in lot of RPG games there are many European motives, European things, cities and stuff where your characters live and play but you guys still think like you need more European things or French things?

Finaland & FFDream : We’d just love to see that in Final Fantasy, we are sure it would be very nice.

TN : Well we’ll thing about that, that’s all I can say.

Finaland & FFDream : Thank you very much !

We’ve seen a lot of male characters with Noctis and his friends. Is there going to be girls as playable characters as well ?

TN : I can’t say anything specific now but it would be… quite difficult, to have a girl playable.

Finaland & FFDream : Question about this place, we are in Japan Expo, there are more than two hundred thousand people there, loving japanese culture so much. We actually watch anime in original version and we watched Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete only in japanese.

Can we hope to get the original japanese voices for Final Fantasy XV in Europe.

TN : That all depends of the capacity of the disc. The two main reason are the disc space and also the lip sync, because if we’re making the game, with the characters speaking in english but with the voices in japanese, the lip sync would not match. Even though you’d prefer having the japanese voices?

Finaland & FFDream : Yes, actually, please, we have a solution for you, can you think of a limited edition with only japanese voices and french text, would it be possible to do that?

TN : You really want this that much?

Finaland & FFDream : YES YES YES we really want japanese voices.

TN : (laughs) You’ll have to say this YES YES YES to Square enix though for not to me. If you guys really want THAT kind of request very much from all the fans and all the community side and everything, it would probably be best to tell Square Enix France or Square Enix Europe to make that happen. Square Enix France of Europe could speak to Square Enix Japan and it probably could make it happen, but we’ll see.

Finaland & FFDream : Thank you !

Next question, is it Game Over if Noctis dies ?

TN : At some time I said that the game was gonna be over when Noctis died, when we were talking about Versus XIII, but now as Versus XIII became Final Fantasy XV we haven’t decided it actually so we can’t really say if it’s going to change or not, we’ll see.

Finaland & FFDream : Will we be able to customize weapons and equipments of our characters ?

TN : I’m sorry but we can’t say anything about that, yet.

Finaland & FFDream : What can you tell us about the future of Dissidia, on PSVita or PS4 maybe ? With the addition of Noctis ?

TN : I’m not that heavily involved in Dissidia project, but if director Takahashi want to include Noctis in the next Dissidia game, I would probably think about it then, but I can’t really say anything so far.

Finaland & FFDream : You made the two video presentations for E3 from Artnia the place for all your fans in Japan

The announcement was so exciting for us, how do you react to that and are you glad to be back?

TN : I was very very busy, I didn’t prepare enough to do that video message recording at all…

Finaland & FFDream : It was GOOD !

TN : (laughs) Actually that recording was, yes, happening in Artnia, recorded by the promo and publicity staffs. There was not even a microphone there, so it probably was quite difficult for you guys to listen to what I actually said. I was myself really surprised as well because Sony said they needed a video message so that’s why we did it, only a couple of days before flying for E3.

Finaland & FFDream : What will the addition of Hajime Tabata, the great producer of Final Fantasy Type-0 bring to the FFXV team ?

TN : The reason why we bringed Tabata-san into the team is because he always said to me that it wanted to join the Final Fantasy XV project. I asked him in the team, his vitality and mentality are always very motivated and very high. In the future campaign and until the game is out, Tabata-san himself will be going to speak in front of you guys more often so please ask him in details when he’s available.

Finaland & FFDream : Nomura-san can we imagine that you’ll work on Final Fantasy XV-2 just after finishing the first one?

TN : Obviously we haven’t decided yet. We don’t have any concrete plan for a future sequel of FFXV, it would be good if we could do that but we can’t announce it or say anything into detail for the moment so wait for future informations.

Finaland & FFDream : Last question, Nomura-san it’s the first time we saw you with the fan communities in France, we are very happy to see you. Do you think that you will come again next time ?

TN : Of course i’d love to come again, but other people working on my project obviously want to come to meet the fans and meet you guys as well, so we’re gonna decide depending on what kind of event or opportunity we’ll have in a future. You guys definitely want to see the same face every year so (laughs) we’ll see about that.

Finaland & FFDream : We always see Kitase-san and Toriyama-san. Hashimoto-san too. We saw them every year for XIII, XIII-2, Lightning Returns. I saw Shinji Hashimoto in 2010 and we talked about Versus XIII and we were talking about teleportation in the game and he said “Oh I don’t know if Nomura-san will do that” and now we actually see that in the game and it’s just amazing.

Thank you very much for your work and we all hope that you will succeed with this project.

TN : This time I came here to promote Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (laughs) so it’s a bit early for me to talk to you about the details of Final Fantasy XV, but when we’ll have to decide when to release, or for the campaign kick-off i’ll probably come back again, we’ll see, and thank you.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-03 15:07:11
Link | Citer | R

Tetsuya Nomura Would Like Voice Recognition With Kinect and PlayStation Camera in Kingdom Hearts III
by Giuseppe NelvaJuly 08, 2013

Kingdom Hearts III Game Director Tetsuya Nomura seems to be definitely interested in the features coming with the Xbox One and the PS4 thanks to Kinect and to the PlayStation Camera, and his personal favorite seems to be voice recognition, as he stated as part of a larger interview on the French fansite KHDestiny.

We’d love to implement those features in Kingdom Hearts III, but the one we find most interesting is voice recognition. I feel it would be awesome to be able to control Donald and Goofy with your voice and tell them what to do. That would be nice, wouldn’t it?

How do you feel about it? Do you actually think the idea would be nice, or (like me) you still prefer the old dear controller and its traditional and trustworthy buttons? Whether you like the idea or not, I guess the option can’t hurt, as long as it’s just an option, even if the ability to order Disney characters around like puppets does seem somehow appealing, especially for emergency commands.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-03 15:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Talking Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts & Development Philosophy with Tetsuya Nomura
We chat to Square Enix's most prolific designer.
by Alex DonaldsonJuly 16, 2013

For readers of a site like RPG Site, Tetsuya Nomura really needs little to no introduction. To most he is the character designer of Final Fantasy VII, arguably the most beloved in the series, but his career extends far beyond that. He's responsible for much of the design in the eigth, tenth and thirteenth FF titles, too, and is the creator and Director of the Kingdom Hearts series - a franchise with unprecedentedly rapid growth that led it to even threaten eclipsing Final Fantasy sales for a period.

It's no surprise that so much of the current Japanese output of Square Enix hinges of the creative juices of this particular individual. He's now at the helm of both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III, the company's two biggest next-generation bets. In a sense, Nomura embodies all that Square Enix currently is - and after rocky financial returns, his vision needs to produce results.

We catch up with Nomura at the tail end of a rare slew of interviews. He's known for his privacy, preferring to remain with the team working than head out on press tours, and this is his first time being interviewed in Europe since around 2006. He tells me he's very tired, but still puts in the effort to answer my questions on development, philosophy and the bizarre sort of fame his characters have gifted him in detail.

Though notoriously private, we finally managed to snag Nomura for an interview.

RPG Site: It must be an interesting time for you right now - in Kingdom Hearts 1.5 you're revisiting a major milestone in your career, while building two new ones in Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III. When you look back at your older titles, such as KH1 or FF7 and 8, what do you see? Do you see changes you would like to make, or do you release your creations once complete?

Tetsuya Nomura: Well, as a creator I always create something new - I keep challenging myself to create something new. Looking back on my old games and everything I was involved in, I often think to myself 'I could have done this' or 'I could have added that,' and stuff like that. It's part of the process.

Right now, though, for Kingdom Hearts specifically - the original game was released more than ten years ago now, but looking back, the original Kingdom Hearts Final Mix... I don't feel like I should add this or that, or any more. Back then, it was perfect as it is.

Even though I've played this HD version of the game knowing its age, I don't feel that it's very old when I play it. I can still feel the passion I had back then in this original game - so, yeah. If we remake a game, maybe we then go and think about adding new elements and sequences and stuff like that, or making large changes - but I think a HD remaster, with the visual upgrade, is the right thing for this particular game.

RPG Site: One thing that fascinates me about you, as with Kojima-san, is your taste in and love of movies. I saw a great quote from you at E3 about Les Miserables. I'm curious about your personal taste in movies and how that inspires what you do - can you tell us a bit about that, and how your taste in moves effects your game creation philosophy?

Tetsuya Nomura: Hmmm... Well, yes, I watch movies a lot. I mean -- a LOT. Sometimes I watch a film to try to get some inspiration from it, and sometimes I just watch them for fun, with a really flat feeling about it, not thinking anything. Basically, normally, I'm not feeling anything - I just put the film on and watch.

Because I watch so many films, I struggle to remember specific ones that I got my inspirations from, but if we were talking genres, I love watching horror films probably the most. If you look at my work on Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts -- [laughs] Is there any horror influence there? For me personally, it doesn't work that because I have been inspired by something I then create something similar - it doesn't work like that for me.

With such a love for movies, it's no surprise Nomura made Advent Children happen.
It all depends on the genre, and the kind of feeling I get from a particular movie - that all depends on what I feel after I've watched a film. Maybe I get something, maybe I can't.

If you take Les Miserables, which you mentioned - I don't like the musical genre anyway. It's not because I like musicals I liked that film -- but as a total score, that film was really good.

It's not like I love one particular type of film - it's all about the balance. The balance of artwork, actors and actresses, also story - if everything matches, it can make one particular film great, like Les Miserables.

Les Miserables and Romeo and Juliet [The 1996 movie version], which of course I also like - they are old, traditional plays that have been updated. I've never actually seen the original stage play, but the reason why I really like those classic plays is because of the total balance of everything - the balance of all the levels.

For me, especially the last scene of Les Miserables where everybody is singing together - that scene was unbelievable.

RPG Site:Even the dead get their encore, right?

Nomura: [laughs] It's amazing, isn't it? Very moving - all the music, it's a very powerful scene. That kind of classic play always has a really good total balance.

RPG Site: You use the word balance a lot; is that something you seek in your game design? Do you think there's a parallel between movie and game creation?

Nomura: To an extent, but of course there's a massive difference between balance in films and balance creating a game. Especially creating some games for next-gen consoles - because the next gen consoles have a high spec and a lot of new functionality and everything - there's a kind of gap between the film-making and game creating at the moment.

Especially at the moment for game-making, there's just loads of staff involved... as a director, I can't do anything by myself! A director on a film can control things more, but I can't instruct all the people by myself. If the game is triple-A, a big, big project... the way I can use my power, and how to direct people... it's very difficult!

RPG Site: After the E3 announcement and showing, a lot of people online are defining FF15 as having Kingdom Hearts style combat. When 15 was Versus, I always figured it as an experiment - that your team would then go on to KH3 after completing that - but now Osaka is on KH3, which also looks to have that signature gameplay style. Does that concern you - that the two games could end up too similar in gameplay?

Nomura: Okay, so... [pauses] Two games. Both directed by myself. [laughs] However, both games are developed by two completely different teams. The two of them - they don't fight, but they compete - in a friendly way - and they try to create better things together. Both sides are, of course, developed for next-gen consoles as well.

KH3 and FF15 share some base action RPG gameplay mechanics, it's clear, but Nomura seems unphased.
There's a difference between the two, of course; Final Fantasy XV is a numbered title - the big history behind Final Fantasy, the task they have on their shoulders is huge, because it's the latest Final Fantasy game and has to live up to that history.

For the Kingdom Hearts team there is less history, but there are thousands of people around the world who are so passionate about the Kingdom Hearts series and have been for years - and this of course is the first announced numbered Kingdom Hearts title in many years, as well. People's hopes and expectations are very, very high there, as well - so that is on their shoulders as well.

So, the two teams have different kinds of tasks, different kinds of missions they have to complete and accomplish. That's the most important thing for both teams.

From the user's point of view, I don't think they worry about these things, or think 'which is better?' or anything like that - both teams look in a different direction. The most important thing for me is that they focus on the tasks - the missions - that each team has.

RPG Site: It's appears it's all about sequels and spin-offs now. There were many Kingdom Hearts titles between II and III, while on the FF side we have sequels - X-2, XIII-2, Lighting Returns - and you've already announced FF15 will have sequels. How does planning for multiple titles at a time instead of just one effect you as a creator?

Nomura: To start, the reason why we have had so many Kingdom Hearts spin-off games... well, look - it's above your imagination, seriously, believe it or not - creating a HD game is unbelievably difficult. [laughs]

People think it's easy - even a HD remake like 1.5, they think 'Ah, easy job' - but it actually isn't like that at all. Everything is difficult in the process, even with a HD remaster of a game. For 1.5 for instance, when we decided to make it, we had to decide where we were going to concentrate because it was so difficult, there was so much work involved.

We'll likely spend the better part of the console generation with FF15's core cast via sequels.
The main reason why we had so many spin-offs for Kingdom Hearts is because we couldn't start preparing for Kingdom Hearts III for a while - for a long time - because... well, because of some reasons, basically. However, if we didn't release any Kingdom Hearts games after the second at all, people might forget about the game, might forget about the series.

Obviously, I didn't want to do that - that's why we decided to make a spin-off game until the preparation for Kingdom Hearts III was ready to do.

So, in a way, because of this, if there were no spin-off games, there was no Kingdom Hearts III. It was kind of needed to have all those spin-offs - a lot of spin-offs - because the time was quite long before the Kingdom Hearts III preparation started.

With Final Fantasy, each game has a different reason why we decided to do sequels and stuff - for Final Fantasy X, for XIII... Of course, with Final Fantasy XV, we announced at E3 that there will - probably - be a sequel to this game, as well.

There's a lot of different reasons, and they all depend on the game and the situation as well. Of course with FFXV I wanted to release the previous version of the game constantly - but it was very, very difficult to do so.

Now we have re-revealed the game, I'm excited to bring more information in the future.

RPG Site: For creators like you, your famous characters will follow you forever. Cloud, Squall, Sora - and now Noctis - they'll follow you everywhere, and likely live on long after your career is over. In turn, you have become somewhat famous for creating them. I once asked this question to Sakaguchi-san, and he said that he did sometimes think this - Do you ever wish you could escape that legacy, and create something as an unknown, like 20 years ago?

Nomura: I've never actually felt that way ever before! [laughs] I'm not sure if you know the term, but in Japan I'm what you'd call a salary man! [laughs] The company's slave, basically - I don't feel any fame too much. I never feel the pressure - and because of that I've never felt the desire to drop my name and go anonymous.

I've really never felt burdened at all. All the characters I've created up until now... they're my kids! My children. I've obviously never thought about dropping or abandoning my kids! [laughs] Really, I've never felt that way before.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-03 15:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Tetsuya Nomura speaks KH III and FFXV
by Humad Ali ShahJuly 17, 2013

RPGSite, who managed to speak to game director Tetsuya Nomura, asked questions about Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV and how the two games will be different, along with their previous questions.

Tetsuya Nomura is the director of both Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV. Both these games are coming to next-generation consoles; both these games have a large fan-base and high expectations; both these games were announced together. Since they share some similarities, one wonders how these two games will be different. Will Nomura perhaps show us similar elements in both games, hence causing each of them to lose it’s charm by forgetting to be a unique experience? After all, Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV are sharing a similar real-time combat system. Anyone can notice the striking similarities by watching their trailers.

“Okay, so… two games. Both directed by myself,” Nomura said, laughing. “However, both games are developed by two completely different teams. The two of them – they don’t fight, but they compete – in a friendly way – and they try to create better things together. Both sides are, of course, developed for next-gen consoles as well.”

The fact that the two teams are competing is a good thing here. Each team will strive to bring something new into the game; something that the other team does not have. This will certainly make the two games different.

“There’s a difference between the two, of course; Final Fantasy XV is a numbered title – the big history behind Final Fantasy, the task they have on their shoulders is huge, because it’s the latest Final Fantasy game and has to live up to that history.

“For the Kingdom Hearts team there is less history, but there are thousands of people around the world who are so passionate about the Kingdom Hearts series and have been for years – and this of course is the first announced numbered Kingdom Hearts title in many years, as well. People’s hopes and expectations are very, very high there, as well – so that is on their shoulders as well.”

The topic of sequels and spin-offs was also raised. Square Enix has been known (and sometimes blamed) to produce sequels and spin-offs, some of which like X-2 and XIII-2, were quite unnecessary, according to many fans. Others, however, like Crisis Core were met with great enthusiasm. According to Nomura, “creating an HD game is unbelievably difficult.” A sequel or two are already being considered for Final Fantasy XV – even before it’s release!

“Of course, with Final Fantasy XV, we announced at E3 that there will – probably – be a sequel to this game, as well,” said Nomura. “There’s a lot of different reasons, and they all depend on the game and the situation as well. Of course with FFXV I wanted to release the previous version of the game constantly – but it was very, very difficult to do so. Now we have re-revealed the game, I’m excited to bring more information in the future.”

Speaking about HD remasters, “Everything is difficult in the process, even with a HD remaster of a game,” explained Nomura. “For 1.5 for instance, when we decided to make it, we had to decide where we were going to concentrate because it was so difficult, there was so much work involved.”

Nomura also explained that the reason Kingdom Hearts spawned spin-offs was because the third main title could not begin production, for reasons that he could not share. In order to prevent the Kingdom Hearts series from being forgotten, the spin-offs were created.

“So, in a way, because of this, if there were no spin-off games, there was no Kingdom Hearts III,” said Nomura. “It was kind of needed to have all those spin-offs – a lot of spin-offs – because the time was quite long before the Kingdom Hearts III preparation started.”

I wonder… would the story of Kingdom Hearts III be different if no spin-offs had been created? Or would their stories have been delivered to us in the third game itself?

What are your thoughts on Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV and this new information? Let us know in the comments below.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-03 15:08:04
Link | Citer | R

Kingdom Hearts 3 Not Possible Without Spin-Off Games
Without the many Kingdom Hearts games we've seen as of late, there'd be no Kingdom Hearts 3.
by Josiah RenaudinJuly 17, 2013

Disney and Final Fantasy fans are some of the most loyal, dedicated groups out there. These two brands carry a weight that few can match, so when Kingdom Hearts released years ago on the PlayStation 2, you could almost hear the cheers of millions of people who’ve kept their Sephiroth-themed backgrounds on their laptops from miles away. Each subsequent release brings in excited members of the community in droves, but the continued success of the franchise has never been a guarantee. In the eyes of series director and creator, Tetsuya Nomura, spin-off games had to be made to keep the brand alive.

Speaking with RPG Site, Nomura admitted that the many Kingdom Hearts games we’ve seen without a “3” on the end were made so that people wouldn’t forget about his believed action-RPG.

“The main reason why we had so many spin-offs for Kingdom Hearts is because we couldn't start preparing for Kingdom Hearts III for a while - for a long time - because... well, because of some reasons, basically,” he said. “However, if we didn't release any Kingdom Hearts games after the second at all, people might forget about the game, might forget about the series.”

We may never know what these “reasons” were, but it’s fortunate that they’ve been resolved. Kingdom Hearts 3 is now in the works, and that could have only been possible through the many non-numbered releases.

“Obviously, I didn't want to do that - that's why we decided to make a spin-off game until the preparation for Kingdom Hearts III was ready to do,” Nomura continued. “So, in a way, because of this, if there were no spin-off games, there was no Kingdom Hearts III.”
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-03 15:08:19
Link | Citer | R

Tetsuya Nomura is ready — at last — for ‘Kingdom Hearts 3” to progress
by Todd MartensJuly 26, 2013

It’s been seven-plus years since the last core “Kingdom Hearts” game was released in the U.S. Although there’s been no shortage of spinoffs in the Disney-meets-”Final Fantasy”- role-playing-game series, a 10-year-in-the-making story will finally reach its conclusion when Square Enix publishes “Kingdom Hearts 3″ on next-gen consoles.

So how did series architect Tetsuya Nomura know he was ready to start bringing many of the branching plot points outlined in the numerous “Kingdom Hearts” to an end? He just did.

“First and most important,” said Nomura, speaking through a translator, “is the determination in my mind. That will launch the project. It’s difficult to explain what kind of determination I am talking about. As you can imagine, expectations by the fans for franchise with sequels go up each time.

“Fan expectation for ‘Kingdom Hearts 3′ is extremely high,” he continued. “To respond to those expectations, I have to provide something really good. Technology is really important, as is the [Disney] world.”

Unlike other franchises that Nomura helps shape, such as the “Final Fantasy” series, “Kingdom Hearts” has a more complicating element: Nomura must work closely with Disney. Throughout the games, heroes have traversed numerous Disney-inspired worlds, encountering universes built around properties as diverse as “The Little Mermaid” and “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”

Disney looks different today than it did in 2006, when “Kingdom Hearts 2″ was released in the U.S. Disney, for instance, has long since completed an acquisition of Pixar. Characters from Disney and Pixar films will collide in August’s “Disney Infinity” platform.

Could Pixar-inspired lands make their way into “Kingdom Hearts 3″? Nomura wouldn’t budge on what’s confirmed for the game but said the biggest challenge in designing the “Kingdom Hearts” titles is working with Disney to see which brands Square Enix will have at its disposal.

“What world is available for the title is an important question,” he said. “The story — it has to be great enough to meet the expectation of the fans. When that’s ready, and I feel like I am ready, then the game can start. The counterpart that I’ve been working with at Disney the past 10 years is the same person. We have very heated discussions about this franchise, and we’ve done that for the past 10 years, but we have a steady relationship.”

And though there was never any doubt that “Kingdom Hearts 3″ would eventually be released, Nomura bristles when the word “trilogy” is used. He intends the primary games in the series to tell a story, but the franchise will continue long after “Kingdom Hearts 3″ is released. To get fans up to speed for the next-gen edition of “Kingdom Hearts,” Square Enix will release “Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix” for the PS3 in September.

“There was never a plan,” he said. “As a core game, this is finally the third, and 10 years have passed. I couldn’t call this a trilogy. There have been so many spinoffs. In ‘Kingdom Hearts 3,’ the battles that the characters have been fighting for the past 10 years will come to a conclusion. That is the plan. But the series will continue. Only the particular enemy they have been fighting the past 10 years will come to an end.”

From a design standpoint, Nomura suggested fans get their hands on “Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance” if they’re looking for clues as to where he’s heading from a game-play perspective. The 3DS game was released last year and Nomura said he is using the hand-held title’s combat functionality as an early guide for “Kingdom Hearts 3.”

“We tried many experiments in that game that will be applied to ‘Kingdom Hearts 3,’ ” he said. “If you play ’3D,’ you will get some hint of ‘Kingdom Heart 3.’”

Nomura notes that all of this, of course, is open to change. ”Final Fantasy Versus XIII,” for instance, was announced years ago and after prolonged silence on the project was officially rebranded as “Final Fantasy XV” this spring.

“Square Enix changes its philosophies pretty often,” Nomura said. “That’s something I can’t do anything with. I’m just one of the employees, so if the company decides to change, I have to follow. I’m a so-called ‘salary man.’ Of course, the creative policy I have stays the same. “
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-03 15:08:35
Link | Citer | R

Kingdom Hearts 3 marks the end of a 'trilogy,' but not the series
by Andrew YoonJuly 26, 2013

Kingdom Hearts 3 represents the end of a trilogy. Well, it's technically not a trilogy because as series creator Testuya Nomura admits, "there have been so many spinoffs."

Still, the story that started in the first Kingdom Hearts on PS2 in 2002 will be coming to something of an end, Nomura explained. "In Kingdom Hearts 3, the battles that the characters have been fighting for the past 10 years will come to a conclusion," he promised.

Of course, while KH3 may end one arc, it's far from the end for one of Square Enix's best-selling franchises. Speaking to The Los Angeles Times, Nomura said that "the series will continue. Only the particular enemy they have been fighting the past 10 years will come to an end."
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2013-08-03 16:47:00
Link | Citer | R

my main problem with the kingdom hearts series.....storyline.....,but storylines in video games aren't that important too me. unless the game is based around telling a good story ( aka walking dead, heavy rain, etc)

Imo kingdom hearts 2 probably 1 of the most underrated games made.

instead of putting it in a category of action rpg, put it in a category of hack/slash dmc territory.

kingdom hearts 2 my first play through lasted 45 hours. other games like star wars force unleashed, no more hero's , god of overrated, I mean war >_> last about 10 hours give or take.

kingdom hearts 2 was also 1 of the first games to have quick time events, but unlike force unleashed, metal gear rising, and especially GoW , the qte's in KH2 were well placed and unique and basically bring the whole blue mage aspect to the game. Unlike the qte's In a game like GoW where there just placed to finish off an enemy or just thrown in there randomly.

Personally I Fu**king hate qte's in games and i think it is a weak overall aspect to enhance gameplay, but kh2 is 1 of the few exceptions ill make.

probably 1 of my fav bosses in this game the idea of building up jumps and using them, I used jumps to dodge the dragons breath, idk what this guy was doing. >_>

I guess if I had to complain about something else difficulty might be 1. even though there's easy normal and proud mode. I always put kingdom hearts games on proud, and they're pretty tough but wish they would add an even higher difficulty.

Of course I played this game around the same time I was playing the original dmc3. >_< dmc3 by far my fav hack n slash game btw.

ANYWAYS im pretty hyped for kingdom hearts 3.
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-10 13:26:20
Link | Citer | R

Kingdom Hearts Will Have A Big Presence At Japan’s Disney Expo
by SpencerAug 07, 2013

Disney plans on giving Kingdom Hearts a push during the D23 Expo in Japan. D23 is basically an expo that’s exclusively about Disney.

A Kingdom Hearts talk show with series director Tetsuya Nomura and executive producer Shinji Hashimoto is one of the events. Famitsu reports voice actors Kouki Uchiyama (Sora), Mamoru Miyano (Riku), and Miyu Irino (Roxas/Ventus) will be at the event too.

Fans can also bid in a charity auction for a limited edition Sora figurine autographed by Nomura.

The Kingdom Hearts panel takes place on October 14 at 3PM, so expect more Kingdom Hearts news then.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-10-15 05:50:20
Link | Citer | R

A bit of gameplay showed at Japan Expo

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-10-15 06:48:19
Link | Citer | R

I'M SO EXCITED <3333333333

also:

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix - Debut Trailer
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2013-10-15 08:07:07
Link | Citer | R

It comes with birth by sleep...? On console...? Well I'm sold.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-10-15 09:59:19
Link | Citer | R

New KH3 gameplay trailer from D23 also!

Shiva.Gib
Serveur: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-10-15 10:14:39
Link | Citer | R

Quiznor said: »

Oh man, @1080p and @60 FPS that Tilty Ship part = Vomit everywhere
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-10-15 10:18:40
Link | Citer | R

Quiznor said: »

Seha posted that lol
[+]
Serveur: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-10-15 11:13:14
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Patrik said: »
It comes with birth by sleep...? On console...? Well I'm sold.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-10-16 18:08:28
Link | Citer | R

Translated, brief summary of Nomura's interview

Quote:
Kingdom Hearts III will conclude the Dark Seeker Saga, that was a story about the “heart” that lasted for more than 10 years.

Looking at the new trailer you can see that there’s more depth since it’s a home console game. For portable devices the amount of data is limited. Having the game on home consoles will increase the sense of scale considerably.

The action in the Kingdom Hearts series has continued to evolve, and there have been a variety of challenges while working on the spin-offs, that led to bold changes in the system. Kingdom Hearts III keeps in mind the original two games, but evolves their systems looking at the changes made in the spin-offs.

The mobility of the protagonist Sora has been increased considerably, as much as his versatility. While things are still being decided, the game will aim to balance RPG and action elements.

Sora can climb and run, inspired by the “free run” style you can see in recent action games. The ability to fly and jump has also been increased a lot.

The PS4 allows to make full use of a larger variety of actions in a wide area, and to fight a large number of enemies.

Level design changes are also being considered, like rocks falling down cliffs while climbing and enemies being given the ability to climb too.

Nomura-san aims to significantly improve the AI, with enemies and allies that don’t do the same pre-programmed things anymore.

While you can lead Goofy and Donald around, they will be given distinct personalities and will behave like thinking characters instead of just acting on your instructions.

The size of the memory of the PS4 allows the world to be made as seamless as possible and more data can be permanently resident in the memory. The number of actions, animations and effects can be increased.

Kingdom Hearts III is a numbered title that represents the passage to a new generation, so the large degree of evolution will be very apparent.

Visuals-wise Nomura-san would like to have a peculiar tone for each Disney world, rather than a photorealistic rendering.

The new shader used for the game is called “Kingdom Shader“, even if it’s not its formal name. It was briefly showcased in the video at E3, and its purpose is to “render in 3D the 2D hand painted style of Disney”. It also aims to make cutscenes that would normally be prerendered work in real time. It was not possible with older hardware, but with the new generation of hardware it is.

Nomura-san can’t yet mentions what Disney worlds will be included. He has started considering it, but nothing is ready to be disclosed. There are many Disney worlds that haven’t been used yet, and those that have already been used (and their characters) will be completely different this time around.

The use of the features of the DualShock 4 has not been finalized yet, but Nomura-san would like to use the touchpad in some form.

The integration with external devices is being considered as well, but nothing is set in stone.

He would like to put many different elements into the game, in order to create something that will surprise people and make them say “this is interesting!”

He thinks the PS4 is “too much”, and it will be a challenge to match increased expectations and to decide which features to use and which ones not to use.

Different teams at Square Enix influence each other and stimulate each other to work harder.

While Nomura-san can’t speak arbitrarily about what will happen after the Dark Seeker Saga, because the title belongs to Disney as well, he does have personal ideas for the characters and for future developments, but it’s too early to talk about it because now the focus is to complete Kingdom Hearts III.

He concludes the interview by saying that creative power has increased by leaps and bounds between the first two chapters on the PS2 and Kingdom Hearts III on PS4, skipping the PS3. The depth of gameplay will be much greater. Everyone in the team is working hard towards the day in which everyone will be able to play the game, so please look forward to more information
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [78 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-02 09:50:28
Link | Citer | R

anyone know when KH2.5 is supposed to be released?

(Sorry for the necro)
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-01-02 10:55:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

(Sorry for the necro)
i think i read spring 2014, maby april
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-02 10:57:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Natenn said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

(Sorry for the necro)
i think i read spring 2014, maby april
damn it, FFX remake in March, KH2.5 in April (if true). Both during the busiest time of the year for me, both right next to each other....

FFXI is going to be on the back burner for at least a month and a half, if not more....
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-01-03 00:38:09
Link | Citer | R

side note, have all but 5 trophys in the 1.5 final mix Kingdom Hearts. Did Proud mode off the bat cause thats how i roll, missing speedster, unchanging armor, undefeated, Game clear: normal, Game clear: Beginner, And the 1 i just read the requirements for that makes me want to fight Seph 10000000x: Gummi ship blue print collection

MFW Gummi ship blueprint trophy requirements
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1029 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-10-27 14:23:07
Link | Citer | R

Not KH3 but I figured I'd post these here.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix launches March 28, 2017 — exactly 15 years after the first game hit PlayStation 2 back in 2002.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX – Announce Trailer

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue // 0.2 Birth By Sleep -A fragmentary passage -

Also, there are rumors (dating back a year ago) of a 2.9, which includes Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II for PS4.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2016-10-27 14:34:54
Link | Citer | R

They rereleasing the rerelease they released already...?
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-27 15:19:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Natenn said: »
They rereleasing the rerelease they released already...?
Well it's on PS4 this time.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-10-27 16:01:28
Link | Citer | R

who is the blue haired girl?