Forum » Windower » General » windower macro problem
windower macro problem
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-05-22 06:16:25
Link | Citer | R

I must start by saying I literally started playing on pc yesterday and im a complete noob at all this.

So first problem if I make a new notepad file and try to save it into my subfolder I made it ays I cant as I don't have administrators permission...

yet if I copy and paste the saved file I can give permission.. idk wtf is goin on.

then when using the command /console exec DRK/tp.txt I keep getting file can't be found...

can ay one explain to me what I might be doing wrong??

sorry to bother everyone.

I am on windows 8
 Asura.Kormak
Serveur: Asura
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2013-05-22 06:53:14
Link | Citer | R

If its in a folder called DRK within the scripts, it should be:

/console exec /DRK/tp.txt

Other than that you should be fine.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-05-22 07:02:34
Link | Citer | R

my file name is just called tp, I just copied what you wrote and nothing happens at all, before I was getting a prompt saying file not found and now nothing lol >.<
 Asura.Kormak
Serveur: Asura
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2013-05-22 07:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Sent you a pm, we can talk it through on that rather than updating the forum most recent each time.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-22 07:13:12
Link | Citer | R

Old example but it helps.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-05-22 07:38:59
Link | Citer | R

Interesting, I had no idea you could add WS to those. I've always just used it for gear swaps.

/console exec "SAMShoha.txt"
/ws "Tachi:Shoha" <t>
/wait 3
/console exec "SAMTP.txt"

^for example
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2013-05-22 07:57:22
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
This way works fine, but there are some very easy/quick improvements you could do. I see you said it was an old example so maybe you've switched to SC and it doesn't even matter now :D

#1 Vanilla FFXI /wait command is trash. Placing the wait at the start of your idle set txt would allow you to use a decimal point so you can use something like "wait .04" which will save A LOT of time over time.

#2 I would remove "input /ws expiacion <t>" from your .txt and add a line to FFXI's macro with "/ws expiacion <stnpc>" this will pop the purple cursor up, it also stop the macro for continuing until you actually click the cursor.

Believe it or not.. I wrote a guide on how I use precast/preshot sets with windower macros yesterday lol.. let me do some editing and i'll post it here, it might help someone.

EDIT: Precast guide http://upbeatglitch.blogspot.com/2013/05/how-to-set-up-precastpreshot-using.html
I was going to edit and post it here, however time is a little short.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-05-22 08:04:03
Link | Citer | R

if you could that would be fab because I thought I had done everything correctly as people have posted and for the life of me I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Just to check there isn't 2 windower folders are there >.>
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-22 08:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Upbeatglitch said: »
This way works fine, but there are some very easy/quick improvements you could do. I see you said it was an old example so maybe you've switched to SC and it doesn't even matter now :D

#1 Vanilla FFXI /wait command is trash. Placing the wait at the start of your idle set txt would allow you to use a decimal point so you can use something like "wait .04" which will save A LOT of time over time.

#2 I would remove "input /ws expiacion <t>" from your .txt and add a line to FFXI's macro with "/ws expiacion <stnpc>" this will pop the purple cursor up, it also stop the macro for continuing until you actually click the cursor.

Believe it or not.. I wrote a guide on how I use precast/preshot sets with windower macros yesterday lol.. let me do some editing and i'll post it here, it might help someone.

Yeah haven't used these in even longer than the image shows, you can tell by the gear lol. Date there is 2009 but I'd long since switched even before that but someone in my ls was trying to learn so I made the guide for them.

I actually do like normal wait though because any action you do will overwrite standard macro waits. So if you have a long macro and you hit it but then suddenly you need to do something else like hit your pdt macro or your ws doesn't go off and you need to hit it again then the rest of the macro after the manual wait won't go off later in the middle of whatever other action you were taking.

I don't really like st's on stuff like this but that's really personal preference.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2013-05-22 08:41:40
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
if you could that would be fab because I thought I had done everything correctly as people have posted and for the life of me I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Just to check there isn't 2 windower folders are there >.>
Should only have one windower folder.

This might help
YouTube Video Placeholder
It's fairly old and I've completely changed how I do it, but it will show you where to put the scripts.

Instead of \Windower\scripts (How it is in the video) now it will be \Windower 4\scripts
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2013-05-22 08:49:07
Link | Citer | R

I actually do like normal wait though because any action you do will overwrite standard macro waits. So if you have a long macro and you hit it but then suddenly you need to do something else like hit your pdt macro or your ws doesn't go off and you need to hit it again then the rest of the macro after the manual wait won't go off later in the middle of whatever other action you were taking.

Personal preference indeed! This is exactly why I don't like using them.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-22 08:55:40
Link | Citer | R

That's the advantage though of windower macros. You can use both, and use them for various situations. Anytime I wanted a wait to continue no matter what, I'd put it in the txt as a pause. Anytime I needed to be able to cancel the action, I'd place the wait in FFXI's macro.

But once you start using sc... All of this is not as great as it seems lol.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2013-05-22 09:25:34
Link | Citer | R

That's the advantage though of windower macros. You can use both, and use them for various situations. Anytime I wanted a wait to continue no matter what, I'd put it in the txt as a pause. Anytime I needed to be able to cancel the action, I'd place the wait in FFXI's macro.

I think we might be talking about two different things. I was talking about a way to set up precast using windower macros, that's why the delay needs to be so small(FFXI's /wait 1 just won't cut it) and why using <st..>s work so well.

Doing what you've done to equip your idle set is a great idea though, and I honestly might add it since I have 2 free lines. I've thought about it in the past just never did it.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-05-22 11:28:50
Link | Citer | R

You still have time, son! Don't succumb to the evil ways of Windower macros, and start getting into SpellCast. It's the only way to cleanse your soul.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-22 11:47:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
You still have time, son! Don't succumb to the evil ways of Windower macros, and start getting into SpellCast. It's the only way to cleanse your soul.
Eh, it's a decent start, and way better than ingame stuff. But yeah, I certainly recommend sc.

Phoenix.Upbeatglitch said: »

I think we might be talking about two different things. I was talking about a way to set up precast using windower macros, that's why the delay needs to be so small(FFXI's /wait 1 just won't cut it) and why using <st..>s work so well.

Doing what you've done to equip your idle set is a great idea though, and I honestly might add it since I have 2 free lines. I've thought about it in the past just never did it.

This is what I use to use for spells on my rdm. What I meant earlier is that I don't like to use ST macros for ws or ja's.