Forum » FFXI » General » Balyd farming
Balyd farming
 Cerberus.Efonsecab
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: efonsecab
By Cerberus.Efonsecab 2013-05-04 11:46:14
Link | Citer | R

What are the best ways to get the most balyd.
As far as I have been said is Colonization Reive,
tho people are defeating it as fast as they can, meaning not as many mobs defeated and no getting the most out of per kill balyd
By Tenshou 2013-05-04 11:58:58
Link | Citer | R

I've found the best way has been to go on a job that can AoE anything. If I go on NIN, I'll smack on the root, crag, etc, until I see people have enough hate on the mobs around me, then switch to my Twilight Knife and do Aeolian Edge real quick. If I go on DRK, I'll go /SCH for Manafestation + Absorb TP for quick WS. Lastly, if I go WHM, I just spam heal my pt or others that even lose 1%, keep buffing everyone, and cast Diaga/Banishga for the best results. I normally don't ever get out of a reive without receiving 3k MINIMUM. You just have to see what works best with the jobs that you play.
 Siren.Novadragon
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-05-04 12:05:34
Link | Citer | R

The longer the battle by mostly killing Mobs, the more the Bayld. People who continue to attack roots haven't learned you won't make a lot of Bayld going that way.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-05-04 12:12:24
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Novadragon said: »
The longer the battle by mostly killing Mobs, the more the Bayld. People who continue to attack roots haven't learned you won't make a lot of Bayld going that way.

Ive never even done Reive and I know this from the shouts I see on my server lol
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-05-04 12:17:39
Link | Citer | R

Do NOT cast diaga when it's a blue mage dealing with crowd control.
Seriously... I just started walking out of reives when that happens and leaving the now unsleepable mobs to tear through the AoE happy crowd. Wanna AoE everything? Bring a job that can cope with more than 1 link and HOLD HATE!

When it's busy, and everyone has a mob each its not such a problem. If theres only 3-4 of you there, just think first.
[+]
By Dantedmc 2013-05-04 12:21:53
Link | Citer | R

As a sch, I've found the best thing to do is just hold a mob and cure myself, because sometimes no one is taking damage. Of course if people are getting hit, cure them too. I usually get 2-4k bayld depending on how many people are there and if they want to have the mob I'm holding.
By Tenshou 2013-05-04 12:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Do NOT cast diaga when it's a blue mage dealing with crowd control.
I know that's aimed at what I said, but all of the methods I mentioned are when people are already fighting most of the mobs around the root/crag/etc, as previously stated. You are right, though. Reives can get messy by doing it, so just make sure to only do that if you actually have people fighting mobs.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-05-04 12:47:48
Link | Citer | R

I gathered from your post that you were talking about when everyone has their own mob. I just didn't want even more people doing that when you only have 1-2 people there at the time.

I've had people joining in when it's just me on my own, open with a diaga/AoE and making chaos out of a fairly simple process, instead of peeling mobs off 1 at a time. Sometimes get a PLD who decides to wake everything, but refuses to cover you first. That usually results in them gaining TP way to slow to overtake the hate generated by your AoE flash/attack down/stuns while you are trying to stay alive.
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2013-05-05 04:48:46
Link | Citer | R

I have done SMN/WHM (sub for Reraise) and done Garuda for Whispering Wind - heals everyone in range. I get anywhere from 100 to 1500 xp per evaluation and almost 2000 xp at the end of the reive, depending on the mobs. Spiders, bees, and beetles tend to be on the lower side (no AoE damage), rabbits on the high side.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-05 05:16:26
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Novadragon said: »
this is only true if there's a horde of people there, points are still limitted by damage dealt to root

damage dealt to root total(by all people/sources) = maximum bayld for that evaluation

personal activity(root/mobs/buffs/whatever) = your personal bayld, can't exceed maximum

if you're in a small group in a side zone, zerging the root will result in the same exp/bayld as screwing with mobs in a much shorter time period

its only worth screwing with the side mobs if you're routinely failing to meet the cap(which you can tell by seeing if everyones amount matches up)

if i'm farming, i'll zerg roots in 2 min/reive.. it discourages people trying to piggyback my runs because they cant come anywhere near capping and i'll still be getting the same bayld as if i was spending 20 min a reive(though obviously not rude enough to do this in ceizak/yahse)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [186 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2013-11-07 10:42:18
Link | Citer | R

I know the thread is a bit old but, I've found the best way to farm Bayld is to just do a Yorcia Skirmish. (If you don't already have a Yorcia Visage and torso/legs they can be purchased from the AH).

Go in (Mobs won't aggro), run around until you find a swirling vortex, collect the 5,000-6,000 bayld, exit, re-enter with next person in party, repeat as needed. So with that method can just collect 5k+ bayld once a minute or two, and then return to town to get more key items for entry.

Far as Colonization Revives goes: Given the current population on Leviathan these days, I just hit up Morimar Basalt Fields, and just circle around the map with my PUP/DNC soloing each one by having the automaton attack the roots, in a solo situation it makes no sense to attack the mobs. Each defeat earns me roughly 1500-2000 bayld and I can just circle the map while doing it since there's even 4 of them in a close cluster in the southwest corner. It's a bit slower than a skirmish, but you can do it by yourself, and you can pretty much walk away and do something else while the auto is working on the roots.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-11-07 11:01:54
Link | Citer | R

What's your drop rate on capes doing that?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-11-07 11:05:17
Link | Citer | R

capes are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to get period unless wkr where i seem to get a ton of the ones i dont need
 Leviathan.Onix
user: ravivb
By Leviathan.Onix 2013-11-07 11:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Capes don't drop in Morimar Basalt Fields.
[+]
 Bismarck.Herzins
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2013-11-07 11:14:46
Link | Citer | R

I noticed super tanking as PLD with Ochain gets you lots of points. Doings Wildskeeper and tanking the bosses gives you lots of Bayld too. But the easiest way, for me, is to trade 3 items at Inventor's coalition (spending 3 of the stones or w/e you call them). I usually get 5.5k bayld/exp doing the advanced ones.
By Setho 2013-11-07 11:21:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Herzins said: »
I noticed super tanking as PLD with Ochain gets you lots of points. Doings Wildskeeper and tanking the bosses gives you lots of Bayld too. But the easiest way, for me, is to trade 3 items at Inventor's coalition (spending 3 of the stones or w/e you call them). I usually get 5.5k bayld/exp doing the advanced ones.

Im doing Land Survey Marjami Ravine at scouts coalition,very easy
to do, if you have waypoints and gets me 8100bayld/exp per 3imp.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2013-11-07 11:25:45
Link | Citer | R

I made most of my 800k plus bayld doing courier coalition runs to Foret/Marjami.

Use 1x Imprim on Foret, 3 Imprims on Marjami. Run out through Foret and you'll run past biv #4 on the way to Dho gates which gives you a quick bonus of 3.5k Bayld (8.4k with 3 imprims). Carry on through to Marjami biv #4 for 16.8k Bayld.

15-20 mins on THF/DNC, makes just over 20k bayld and is repeatable daily. Great way to level mules while you're at it.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2013-11-07 11:33:00
Link | Citer | R

get 2 other people, spam 111 or 112 yorcia skirmishes. go in, get bayld, leave. this isnt efficient for "quick" bayld, but going to mori as say a DD with a blm,whm, or sch, youll get a good amount of skirmish pops, along with the 5k+ points if you do it correctly.

BTW - greatsword is excellent for mori reives and below, just melee a rock, spam shockwave with all mobs around you, and youll literally never take dmg other than when aggroing them initially.
 Bismarck.Herzins
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2013-11-07 12:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Setho said: »
Bismarck.Herzins said: »

Im doing Land Survey Marjami Ravine at scouts coalition,very easy
to do, if you have waypoints and gets me 8100bayld/exp per 3imp.

Hmmm, I'll have to try that one XD