Forum » Windower » General » "Game Crash" Windower 3/4
"Game Crash" Windower 3/4
 Fenrir.Killercat
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: killercat
By Fenrir.Killercat 2013-04-30 21:48:39
Link | Citer | R

The game loads fine with out windower but each time I hit play and it load to opening movie it crashes.
 Odin.Frescora
Serveur: Odin
user: Frescora
By Odin.Frescora 2013-04-30 22:18:30
Link | Citer | R

Have you tried loading the game without the opening movie?
By Emmerie182 2013-05-01 01:49:07
Link | Citer | R

i'm having the same problem, did u guys find a solution?
By Toebag 2013-05-01 03:04:28
Link | Citer | R

Also having the same problem. Tried several things, from changing the resolution to freshly installing windower. No Luck.
 Asura.Kese
Serveur: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2013-05-01 03:30:32
Link | Citer | R

did you try running filecheck from POL?
By Toebag 2013-05-01 03:43:20
Link | Citer | R

I tried that, no bad files from PoL or FFXI. I also tried redownloading DirectX9 (but said that I already have a better version of DirectX and force stops the installation).
 Bahamut.Jetacku
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetacku 2013-05-01 04:26:09
Link | Citer | R

check your .net version, what OS are you on?
By Toebag 2013-05-01 04:35:35
Link | Citer | R

What's a .net version?

I'm on Windows 8. Not had a problem with using windower over the past month til now.
 Fenrir.Killercat
Serveur: Fenrir
user: killercat
By Fenrir.Killercat 2013-05-01 04:36:27
Link | Citer | R

I had to pull system restore just befor the update then redo <4-29-13 update> everything working out both windower and ffxiconfig. Hope it helps anyone else having issues
By Toebag 2013-05-01 04:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Heh, at least you got yours fixed. I tried system restores but comes up with errors ;;
 Sylph.Skinner
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2013-05-01 04:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Toebag said: »
I tried that, no bad files from PoL or FFXI. I also tried redownloading DirectX9 (but said that I already have a better version of DirectX and force stops the installation).

Thats 100% the issue. It's your DirectX. I went digging over my issue. I performed a system restore to a point prior to a DirectX update. I downloaded a new game on steam and it had automatically updated my DirectX version.

I was in the same boat as you where i needed to download and make sure DirectX9 was on my machine. I couldn't get the right download anywhere and hence found the system restore point.

I'm on Windows 8 myself but i'm useless with anything technical. You need to find someone who can help you get that DirectX9 back on your computer instead of the new updated version you have.

Bryth told me you can run two types of DirectX at the same time (or something along those lines). I couldnt manage to do what he suggested but if you talk to him he might have some ideas of how to do it.
By Toebag 2013-05-01 05:03:00
Link | Citer | R

Cheers Skinner,

I'll see if i can find a way to override the installation for DirectX or something.
 Bahamut.Jetacku
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetacku 2013-05-01 05:53:06
Link | Citer | R

go into add/remove programs and click on windows components, turn on .net 3.5

as for what .net is:

what is .net

oh and the directx installer:

directx

If I read correctly the installer there may do 3.5 .net for you, but I'd enable it the other way, personally.
By Toebag 2013-05-02 04:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Jet.

My .net3.5 is on. Downloaded and installed the directx.

But still no go. I think it's beyond repair ;;

Never mind! Thanks for trying
 Sylph.Skinner
By Sylph.Skinner 2013-05-05 19:36:41
Link | Citer | R

It's strange. All of a sudden this issue has reoccured for me too. Bloody hell ._.
 Sylph.Skinner
By Sylph.Skinner 2013-05-05 19:48:46
Link | Citer | R

This time no changes to DirectX. Although what did happen was POL, for whatever reason, loaded in a state where the shortcut (the little crystal on the left of "FINAL FANTASY XI" on POL) wasn't there. So i can't have been on Windower... i guess. Which is odd because i loaded it through Windower 4.

My game had froze upon logging into my account. So before i ended task - i loaded a fresh windower4 POL. This then for whatever reason loaded POL without the shortcut visible.

Stupidly thought nothing of it and clicked play to load the game. Got the Failed to initialise Direct3D (-1) messege. Then closed out of it and reloaded Windower4 POL. Clicked play and recieved a crash followed by a pure white box instead of the "Accept/Decline" page.

Interesting as it seems to me that booting FFXI through POL without the shortcut caused something to twig, a setting maybe, or something in the registry. It's then causing this white box crash error on Windower4.

Maybe someone reading this will have some ideas. A system restore seems to do the trick for me but i'd rather resolve the issue by other means. It'll also help Toebag out!
 Sylph.Skinner
By Sylph.Skinner 2013-05-05 19:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Another interesting point is that after i click play and FFXI attempts to load into my desired resolution. Just prior to the box going into that resolution it seems to attempt to appear full screen then drops immediately back to the resolution in the settings. At that point (happens in all of .5 seconds) the screen goes white and i get the crash messege.

From what i recall i haven't seen that sort of reaction after clicking play. Usually the box just appears at your desired resolution. A full screen box doesn't flicker and then immediately drop into the resolution you set.