First Page 2 ... 13 14 15
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-13 11:59:57
Link | Citer | R

OH GOD! I CAN SEE FOREVER! - You need to change your filters (battlemod/data/filters/filter-<job>.xml). I have intentionally set it up so that the default filters are all-off because I figure it's worse if you miss messages that you were expecting than if you see things you weren't expecting. See the "Settings Files" part of the Readme below.

In anticipation of a lot of people having problems with this, I have made this thread to answer questions. First, here is the Readme file:
Readme said:
Author: Byrth

Version: 2.0

Date: 13/4/13

Battlemod, packet version

Abbreviation: //bm

Commands:
* help - shows a menu of these commands in game
* colortest - Shows the 509 possible colors for use with the settings file
* reload - Reloads the settings file
* unload - unloads Battlemod
* condensebuffs - Condenses Area of Effect buffs, Default = True
* condensebattle - Condenses battle logs according to your settings file, Default = True
* cancelmulti - Cancles multiple consecutive identical lines, Default = True
* oxford - Toggle use of oxford comma, Default = True
* commamode - Toggle comma-only mode, Default = False
* targetnumber - Toggle target number display, Default = True
* colorful - Colors the output by alliance member, Default = True

Purpose: To allow chat log customization.

Installation Instructions (from the Windower 4 Launcher):

* 1 Start your copy of Windower 4 and select the "Addons" menu up top in the Launcher.
* 2 Click the icon next to "Battlemod"
* 3 Log in to the game!
* 4 Alter the settings as you wish. ("//bm colortest" will let you see the color options and )
* 5 If you have changed the settings, you can use "//bm reload" to load them in game.

Settings Files:
The settings files for battlemod are composed of 3 to 25 xml files (depending on how much you like unique filters). XML files can be opened with Notepad, edited, and saved. If you are going to "Save As..." an xml from Notepad, be sure to change "Text Documents (.txt)" to "All Files" file type and make sure the file ends in ".xml"

* data/settings.xml - contains basic flags that control the features of the program.
* data/colors.xml - contains all the color codes relevant to the program, which can be adjusted using colors from the colortext command.
* filters/filters.xml - contains the chat filter settings and is explained more thoroughly therein.
* filters/filters-<job>.xml - Several examples are provided, but these are specific filter files that will load for your individual jobs. You can use this to, for instance, make sure your healing jobs can always see damage taken (by unfiltering the <monsters></monsters> section or make sure your zerg jobs don't have to see the entire alliance's damage spam.

Known Issues:
* Counters, Spikes, and Retaliations are the wrong color for some reason.
* The "__damage" colors don't do anything, but have been left in the settings file for potential future uses.
* Using //bm colortest and then expanding your chat log on small window size clients (640x480) can cause crashes. (Your guess is as good as mine)
* AoE buffs only use the first message response, so if it has no effect on the user then it will appear to have no effect on everyone even if it did.
* The settings files are much larger and more complicated than v1. (Sorry, it's because there's more options)
* This plugin bypasses and renders invalid all chat filters other than its own.

Secondly, Battlemod attempts to re-create every interaction message (event_action) and other battle messages (event_action_message). I have been testing it for two weeks, but I have not done everything and (more importantly) I do not use every job. There are three major probable and unknown errors:
1) Battle text is showing up as say-color. - This means that I did not see the message while testing battlemod.
2) I'm blocking a message that should display. - This could be anything from your Time remaining in Dynamis to your Mandau's Enpoison effect.
3) I'm failing to display something properly. - If you see ${field} in your text, if something is missing, if the spacing is weird, etc.

If you find an error, please tell me:
1) What the exact text was (if possible)
2) What color it should be (Grey, Yellow, etc.) if the color was wrong
3) If there's an error in the console, the exact line number and message.

These add_to_chat colors are blocked by battlemod:
These ones are blocked:
20,21,22,23,24,25,26,28,29,31,32,33,35,36,40,41,42,43,44,50,51,52,56,57,59,60,69,64,65,67,69,81,85,90,91,100,101,102,104,105,106,110,111,112,114,122,163,164,168,171,175,177,183,185,186,191
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-13 13:01:20
Link | Citer | R

Okay, I'll try to track that down.

The second issue isn't really one I can address. The grammar is just going to be wonky unless we really substantially change the resource files, which doesn't seem very likely.

Fixed the shadow message, just re-run the launcher and it'll work.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Shellke
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Elpy
By Phoenix.Shellke 2013-04-13 15:16:48
Link | Citer | R

Awesome work.
Not getting "Shellke cannot cast Paralyna." etc messsages, notticed while messing around on SCH without addendum.
Also, what is supersilence option for?

Edit: Retaliates are still shown with these filters

<melee>true</melee>
<ranged>true</ranged>
<damage>true</damage>
<healing>false</healing>
<misses>true</misses>
<readies>false</readies>
<casting>false</casting>
<all>false</all>

Tried setting others on, but retaliates seem to be blocked only with <all>.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-13 19:02:55
Link | Citer | R

I still need to sort out why Retaliations, Counters, and Spikes don't show up as the right color and aren't filtered properly, but I think the rest is fixed.
By Ophannus 2013-04-13 20:11:31
Link | Citer | R

[21:09:02] Ophannus starts casting Occultation on Ophannus.
[21:09:02] Ophannus 390 counter -> Ophannus.
[21:09:04] Ophhanus Occultartion -> Ophannus (Blink)
 Asura.Rucks
Serveur: Asura
user: Seravolk
By Asura.Rucks 2013-04-13 20:18:34
Link | Citer | R

... Isn't it Occultation?
By Ophannus 2013-04-13 20:24:31
Link | Citer | R

I spelled it wrong in the 3rd line, typed by hand
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-13 21:31:22
Link | Citer | R

It's fixed now. For some reason SE sends Additional Effect/Spikes messages sometimes with the "Readies" categories. They appear to be meaningless, so I just have to block them.
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-14 00:41:51
Link | Citer | R

event_action.lua:379: attempt to concatenate field 'other' (a nil value).

This ones popping up a heck of a lot.
 Phoenix.Shellke
By Phoenix.Shellke 2013-04-14 01:02:19
Link | Citer | R

Had a geomancer skilling up in an alliance and his Indi spells (the ones on himself) werent displayed landing, only "starts casting" lines. Same filters as before:

<melee>true</melee>
<ranged>true</ranged>
<damage>true</damage>
<healing>false</healing>
<misses>true</misses>
<readies>false</readies>
<casting>false</casting>
<all>false</all>
 Asura.Izilder
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-14 03:37:13
Link | Citer | R

1. got filter set to on screen damage only and its still showing everything in logs

2. doing a book burn (page 3 Qufim) and our kill count wont come up in log - worked fine yesterday

*edit seems it is showing once you complete a full page just not each kill so cant track ..... was stuck on 1 page for ages ;;
 Phoenix.Shellke
By Phoenix.Shellke 2013-04-14 05:26:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Izilder said: »
1. got filter set to on screen damage only and its still showing everything in logs
Damage in log is handeld only by battlemod filters, ingame filters dont matter and damage display option only affects on-screen damage.
Battlemod filters are in addon/battlemod/data/filters folder.
 Ragnarok.Zirael
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-04-14 06:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Lua -- C:\..."location path"...\battlemod\event_action.lua:401 attempt to concatenate field 'other' (a nail value)
 Phoenix.Shellke
By Phoenix.Shellke 2013-04-14 06:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Rarely getting ...battlemod\event_action.lua:86: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-14 06:30:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zirael said: »
Lua -- C:\..."location path"...\battlemod\event_action.lua:401 attempt to concatenate field 'other' (a nail value)

I added a new field to the settings file named <other></other>. It is used in the same places that <otherdmg></otherdmg> used to be used.

I'll go do a book and check out this line 86 error.

Edit: I do not for the life of me know how line 86 could be throwing an error. It has to be that items[act[param]] is out of range, but items has like 14,000 elements. It's by far my biggest array. Could you watch which item is causing it for me?
 Ragnarok.Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-04-14 06:32:28
Link | Citer | R

There should be -> instead of ?
Maybe you've fixed it already, screenie is from yesterday.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-14 06:34:00
Link | Citer | R

I did, that was actually a problem in the resources.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-04-14 06:37:48
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if it's an error or intentional, but skillchain damage for blue mage isn't appearing when closing with a spell.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-14 06:40:22
Link | Citer | R

I'm really loving this now, stuff appearing right away = <3
Also job-specific filters = <3<3
 Phoenix.Shellke
By Phoenix.Shellke 2013-04-14 06:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Edit: I do not for the life of me know how line 86 could be throwing an error. It has to be that items[act[param]] is out of range, but items has like 14,000 elements. It's by far my biggest array. Could you watch which item is causing it for me?
I'll try to see what could cause it if it happens again.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-14 06:52:55
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Not sure if it's an error or intentional, but skillchain damage for blue mage isn't appearing when closing with a spell.

fffff I forgot BLU can skillchain with spells. Okay, I'll have to work that up.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-04-14 07:00:25
Link | Citer | R

Battlemod autoloads fine but as soon as 'Download Data' is done after picking my character I get this error in the console:

Lua -- C:\..."location path"...\battlemod\lua:336: attempt to concatenate local 'job' (a nil value)
 Ragnarok.Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-04-14 07:04:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

fffff I forgot BLU can skillchain with spells. Okay, I'll have to work that up.
SCH tooooooo!

/troll
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-14 07:09:24
Link | Citer | R

Okay, well both of them are likely fixed now.

Also, I updated colortest so that it will not display redundant colors. It turns out that 244/509 colors were actually the same and tied to player-controllable filters. I went through and checked it out last night, then made a big exclusion list. They will continue to work if you use them, but they're the same color as their lower-value brethren.

Now it also excludes true black colors (the 15 holes from before). Also, I'll note that there are plenty of redundant colors remaining (by my eye anyway), and they just aren't tied to a player controllable filter.

There was briefly a version that displayed color 0 (a no-no). I'd recommend re-loading if you got that one and want to run colortest.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-04-14 07:40:51
Link | Citer | R

Just had a WHM start casting Boost-STR and in the log it said:

[Name] Boost-STR -> [Name]

instead of:

[Name] starts casting Boost-STR on [Name].

Also still seeing the badly worded '...no longer bind' instead of '...no longer bound' status messages. Just putting that in cause I wasn't sure if it was looked at.

Not sure if those are important, but I did find one other thing that should be fixed if it wasn't mentioned already.

Was fighting Dvalinn and when I would hit him once or twice at the start of a TP move and heal him it would say:

[Bojack] -> Dvalinn
 Asura.Izilder
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-04-14 07:52:51
Link | Citer | R

mmm just went into Aby and attainment is messed (after 30 mins exp) its showing no lights and 3 mins - this anything due to bmod (filters)?
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-04-14 07:54:36
Link | Citer | R

Friend just mugged the Shadow Dragon in Xarcabard.

Chat log said:

[Name] mugs ${gil} from Shadow Dragon.

Also I have all damage taken sources filtered out, but it wasn't filtering out the damage she was taking from Ice Spikes from an Ice Elemental she was killed.
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15